Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fishing Mini-Game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Fishing Mini-Game Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's that big thing that suddenly appears out of nowhere? Byakuren?

Oh, and what's the shadow size of the strange fish you need to get Retso?
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Big thing? I haven't seen that yet... How big is it?

As for the Strange fish, there is no actal fish size for it since it's random, but you could try the medium size fish... The Strang Fish i kind of small actually, but dig enough for you to see it. Kind of like a centimeter or two on your screen.

Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's sort of hard to miss the big thing if you see it. I've caught the strange fish from each shadow type, but I caught two strange fish off the medium size.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unless I've missed something rather interesting, I don't think you encounter Byakuren while fishing.

822 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, in fact several times I've had the giant snake-thing (I believe it to be Byakuren) pass under my boat. It forces all the characters to stop what they were doing until the boat finishes rocking.

-- Esk

http://www.namtar.com/
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...I've never seen Byakuren while fishing, but I can easily believe that he appears, and I probably just missed it, or wasn't paying attention or something. Or maybe I recruited him before I started playing the fishing game much. I really don't know.

As for the Strange Fish, it seems to be present in some fishing minigames, and not present in others, starting at the point in the storyline when you can actually recruit Retsu. The first time after he told me about the Fish, I couldn't catch any, despite catching an awful lot of fish during the game. However, the second time that I played, I caught at least half a dozen Strange Fish. The next time I played the minigame, just to raise cash, I didn't see any Strange Fish, but then when I played again, I once again caught at least five or six of them.

It actually kind of annoyed me, since it's not worth points in the game, and it doesn't provide me with Potch. Stupid Strange Fish.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen the Byakuren in the fishing game after I've recruited her.
MrMan

Secret Agent Men

180000 Potch
0 Soldiers
341000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ive never seen Byakuren during the mini game, but I have seen the screeen rock and you cant fish during that. maybe that was byakuren and I just didnt see her? maybe...
and I got the strange fish in a large shadow
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

strange fish! boots! Damnit get out of my pond!

I've never seen Byakuren but that weird water thing happens a lot, maybe it is her hehehee ^^

-My DeviantArt-
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont know if I even have my fishing mini game. anway I got the snake by going out of the castle grounds during each upgrade.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen Byakuren while fishing. At the time I had no clue what was going on and I was like: :?
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Apparently I just haven't played the fishing mini-game nearly enough, despite it being an excellent source of potch. It's wonderful how every Suikoden game comes down to a desperate struggle to get enough money to buy all of the stuff that you want to have by the end of the game.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Random

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not so much seeing byakuren, as seeing a large shadow that swims under the boats and start them rocking. I assume that this is Byakuren, as I have never had it happen after recruiting her, and I play the fishing game an awful lot. <Great way to make potch.>

Also, you can only catch strange fish after the water recedes from the ruins, exposing the second level - (the 3rd floor where the restaurant is)
If you think about it, it makes sense. You can't recruit Retso unless you have a place where he can hang out.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Also, you can only catch strange fish after the water recedes from the ruins, exposing the second level - (the 3rd floor where the restaurant is)

Oh.

That pretty much explains it all. (Damn incomplete guide for wasting my time!)

Is it possible... to actually CATCH Byakuren in the fishing mini-game?
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Is it possible... to actually CATCH Byakuren in the fishing mini-game?

No I tried the first time I saw him. I originally thought she was the strange fish, but then when I discovered you couldn't fish when he swims through, I quickly dumped that idea. Altough when she swims through the game she looks alot longer than she reallly is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: