Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Favorite Of Blanka's Character Portraits
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Your Favorite Of Blanka's Character Portraits Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which of the Character portraits, by Blanka, on the Main site is your favorite?

I'd have to say my favorite is Hugo, The Librarian From Qlon, as the art and the pose really match Hugo's personality and appearance. The water-color look really brings out his droopiness and sort of intellectual melancholy. And the pose is by far the most perfect out of all the characters, more natural and uninterrupted.

My second favorite is Crowley, The Ancient Magus, the colors and mood of the picture are perfect and fit well with Crowley's character.

And honorable mention goes to Camille for being so... Top heavy.

I must say, Blanka is quite the Artist.
Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Your second favorite, Crowley, for the same reasons as you. ^__^

Edit: I also like her Gremio fanart. ^__^

Last edited by Galt on Thu May 20, 2004 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found Crowley to be a very good picture, for basically all the reasons you said. I like them all for different reasons though. Good mood. Gotta love the Hermit sage.

The Hugo one is very good. It shows his character a lot more. Being caught up in the books...But he kind of looks depressed...

The background in his Leon Silverberg one is beautiful. To me, it brings out the sadness in the world, like it's being controlled by very few people. He being one of them.

But....I think his Gremio one is the best. So he's my favourite character (BIAS...) it's like hes trying to look through the sky to see something. He looks lost in thought while being worried about something. I guess that's all I have to say.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Two corrections. Blanka is a girl. Also, the Leon Silverberg picture was drawn by Shadra D, also a girl.

Also, I need to add the other Blanka pics to the auto loading program-thingie.
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some of the ones I really like are Tir McDohl, Viktor, Crowly, Cleo, Barbarosa, and Krin (No I'm serious! I think his portrait catches his personallity very well! :D )

But my all time favorite has to be of course Gremio. It's gota be one of the best Suikoden portraits ever.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, this topic is about Blanka's art, not the official portraits drawn by Junko Kawano.
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oops, sorry my bad. I guess I just got names mixed up. :roll:

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Gremio one is really beautiful, and so is the one of Luc. Of course, all the portraits are very beautiful, but these two really captured my attention the most.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The one of Jeane is my favorite. Her eyes have this weird (non-sexual) myesterious message in them... and the one of Kwanda is also nice. Not for any reasons in particular just that you can imagine what he'd look like without his helmet.
TheStrategist

Sentinel 8

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like how Blanka chose to draw pics about forgotten characters, such as Hugo, Chapman, Griffith, etc...I hoenstlyh almost forgot about those non-returning characters int he masses...thanks Blanka....My favs::: I like the Grenseal and Cleo, when she's in her battle gear...Also, is the Legpant pic based from when he's rescuing Eileen from Kraze? It looks like it...They all look pretty good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Clive. I just love his expression. (...and the drooling fangirl in me privately squees over the hotness that is Clive. <3)

Gremio comes in at a close second.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite has to be Humphery. But, every single one of his pictures are great.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blanks is an awesome artist but id have to say my top 3 pics off of the suikox front page are Camille,Humphery,Kanak,and Kwanda

Stijgende Zielen

53473 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love them all but my favorites are gotta be Cleo (the gearless one), Eileen and all her Sydonia works (found in her website).
She's my inspiration for drawing not-so-popular characters. There should be more forgotten characters fanart.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally like her portrayals of the characters in Suikoden more than I like Kawano's official work on S1. However, I'm loving her character designs for S4.

My favorite picture of Blanka's is Griffith. I don't know why, but his expression just captures his personality. I believe him to be a solemn-ish character.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: