Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Falenan geography

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Falenan geography Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just wondering if SARS was going to rename the regions of Falena in the war game to correspond to the regions named in Suikoden V? I assume the names we use were chosen because we didn't know what the areas of Falena would be called, but now we do.

This would probably require changing around a lot of the region statistics and possibly the locations, and it may be more trouble than its worth, but I was just wondering if this was maybe in the cards for the site?

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would be cool, but IMO it shouldn't be done until after Suikoden V has been released in PAL territories and they have had enough time to beat it. Some places could be spoilers... some locations, etc.

But I think it would be cool if it was done.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was wondering the same thing. Blasphemy raises a good point that it would need to be spoiler free. To that extent I need to black the rest of this text...
If you were to rearrange Falena to be more consistent with the game how would you tackle the issue of the surrounding nations that are also introduced? I assume there can be no Armes, it would be just like Kooluk but with one or two more nations. In that way I think it would be more trouble than it's worth. If it were merely adding up the forts on mainland Falena now, adding up the towns and making them equal out than it wouldn't be a problem really. For instance Grand Rustagne->Sol Falena, Rustagne Castle-> Sun Palace, and Petit Rustagne-> Stormfist, Petit Chateau-> Godwin Castle, et cetera. That doesn't seem like the hard part, the only problem seems to arise with the surrounding nations.

O well, there's some time to think about it before hand since we couldn't spoil the game for those who haven't gotten their copies yet due to regional releases like Blasphemy said.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It wouldn't be THAT hard, it would just need a slightly modified map so that it looked like Falena of Suikoden V.

Homeland Falena as we have it now has 10 regions. 4 forts and 3 ports. Highlight to read.

Grand Rustagne - Sol Falena (Fortress)
Golfe Lieu - Rainwall
Chaleis - Lordlake
Caldeaux - Estrise (Port)
Calme Aumberge - Hershville (Port)
Vert Champ - Doraat (Fortress)
Maristo Stacci - Raftfleet or Sable
Petit Rustage - Stormfist (Fortress)
Maristo - Sauronix (Fortress)
Mer Pres - Port Spinacks (Port)

If the Falenians don't mind the separation of Port and Fort at Mer Pres and Calme Aumberge, it can be made so that it is more canon to the game. Since there is no immediate threat to their homeland from any nation this might not matter but it would be up to Sophita and her team of Falenians. This is just how I would see the nation made if it were to be switched to the Suikoden V Falena. Of course the layout would be different than the current one as well.

As far as the concern about the new nations that are talked of in Suikoden V, we have no need to actually include them in our game. Until we get more info there isn't a real need for them to be placed in at this time. If SARS ever wants to add them in, he can do what he is doing with the Northlanders, or what he did with Makanakuy.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Until we get more info there isn't a real need for them to be placed in at this time

Fortunately the Nameless Lands were created at the start of the game. :mrgreen: .
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, this has been talked about for a long time, and changes will come at an appropriate time, which isn't now.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: