Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Next Tenkai weapon?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Serpent wrote:
How about the insane idea of having a Tenkai that just recruits and sits in the support section as a Strategist? I really like that thought but I doubt it'll ever happen.

That's not insane, it's actually a good idea. That way, you could finally have all 6 party members of your choosing, and not 5 and the ever-stuck hero. It would be far more realistic too.
Malt Hitman

31st H.R. Regiment: The 31st Wrecking Crew

9905 Potch
0 Soldiers
5035 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Removing the Tenkai as a pure fighting character seems like it might have some possibilities but also seems like a big leap from previous games. It would be a smaller step to move the Tenkai to an optional character for combat. Assign a support skill to the character and allow the player the option of using the combat aspect or the support aspect. That way the character would remain in the party for dueling purposes and get out there to face off with the enemy in a one on one manner while allowing you, if you choose, to use six party members of your choice for the regular combats.

If the Tenkai wouldn't be a combat fighting character but still a dueling character what would be the best weapon for dueling? Any weapon would do if you're just going to be fighting one on one but what really shouts out duelist? The only thing that comes to my mind is a rapier. A hand-to-hand character would also work well in the role and in that case the gloves could be used. Anyone have any better ideas?
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I WANT TO see a Tenkai with a long ranged weapon maybe a bow,dart, or gun((howling Voice guild))

*spell out the words; you're not iming a buddy, you're making an entry on a site, so follow the rules*
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless Wanderer

Chuukekkonkoken

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...

But isn't the Tenkai the dude that's supposed to have the charisma that leads the destinies of all 108 stars together? Well, not really my point.

The Naginata can be considered a female's weapon as it was mostly used by Japanese women to defend their castles when their male counterparts go away for battle. Usually, guys used Yari in battles.

If the next Tenkai is a woman, then a Naginata would be uber.
If the next Tenkai is a guy, I would like him to use nunchaku (even a pair of em') that is combined with bare fists.

Never seen a Tenkai use their fists before though.
(PLEASE DO NOT count Geddoe as a Tenkai. He's not a Tenkai star, no matter what you may say. As such, he is irrelevant to the discussion at hand. So are Hugo and Chris.)

//Mahou Furyou Nagima! - Magister Nagi Magi//
Nameless Wanderer

Chuukekkonkoken

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...

But isn't the Tenkai the dude that's supposed to have the charisma that leads the destinies of all 108 stars together? Well, not really my point.

The Naginata can be considered a female's weapon as it was mostly used by Japanese women to defend their castles when their male counterparts go away for battle. Usually, guys used Yari in battles.

If the next Tenkai is a woman, then a Naginata would be uber.
If the next Tenkai is a guy, I would like him to use nunchaku (even a pair of em') that is combined with bare fists.

Never seen a Tenkai use their fists before though.
(PLEASE DO NOT count Geddoe as a Tenkai. He's not a Tenkai star, no matter what you may say. As such, he is irrelevant to the discussion at hand. So are Hugo and Chris.)

//Mahou Furyou Nagima! - Magister Nagi Magi//
Serpent

Self Made Riders

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hrestelan wrote:
Serpent wrote:
How about the insane idea of having a Tenkai that just recruits and sits in the support section as a Strategist? I really like that thought but I doubt it'll ever happen.

That's not insane, it's actually a good idea. That way, you could finally have all 6 party members of your choosing, and not 5 and the ever-stuck hero. It would be far more realistic too.

How about if he keeps a handgun on him for duels. Sort of like them guys in the cowboy movies.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
How about if he keeps a handgun on him for duels. Sort of like them guys in the cowboy movies.

Well, the thing is only Howling Voice Guild members can have guns. Period. Moving into a hero that uses guns would be leaning toward Final Fantasy which is something I really doubt Suikoden would do. We probaly will never see a game with a Howling Voice Guild Tenkai for sheer principle, regardless of how much you would want and fantasize about it.

Yeah, that said. I agree that a medium range fighter is up next. I'd like to see a spear user as opposed to a naginata user but seeing as how the weapon of choice is usually of an asian flavor, a naginata is much more likely.

Something I'd like to see but probably wouldn't happen would be the use of a Khopesh and Sheild. I think a Khopesh is something we'd associate with Egyptian swords with the slight curve in the middle of the blade. It's slightly wicked but it would add something different to the series and not many RPG's have even featured characters that use this kind of weapon.

Another crazy obscure weapon I'd like to see is a Maquahuitl. It's a blunt weapon used by the Aztec. Basically it's a blunt stick with shards of obsidian stuck in it. Similar to the whole club with rusty nails dealy but better because it's a legit weapon discipline and stuff. I saw it on wiki and it was good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think some veriation of a Morning Star might be nice.

What about those things that look like big forks? I think one o the Ninja Turtles used them.

Chakram? They could work. Maybe even a big claw.
Malt Hitman

31st H.R. Regiment: The 31st Wrecking Crew

9905 Potch
0 Soldiers
5035 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

aydas_arrow wrote:
What about those things that look like big forks? I think one o the Ninja Turtles used them.

Oh, if it's the Ninja Turtles then I'm guessing that would be Raphael and I believe he was using sais. It was the one with red and he had two of them, right? If so that should be correct.

It would be interesting to see a gladiator combination of a trident and a net, but I doubt that the net would make it into the game. If it would that would make for some interesting duel victory scenes. The Tenkai could wrap the net around his opponent and toss'em around the room like rag doll.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't think anyone would name it, but nice Acheron! I was thinking khopesh myself. If not that, I'm all for a spear user. It's my current kick, I guess.

If you mean sai's, check out Ace's weapon in Suikoden 3. Just to verify anyway.

-My DeviantArt-
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want a long range weapon thats all i want -_- a bow a bowgun((seneca and LU)
or some kind of gadget ((sorensen)) something you don't see a normal character have that would blow you out of the water Like a cannon!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vspirit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Keyblade, anyone??

No, no, pls don't kill me. My mouth ran off before I could reign it in. ^^;;;

i'm not so hot with the main chara being a monk-class, if he is, i'd prefer him to be wielding a weapon of some sort (like a staff...i believe Tir was of this class).

Riou and the Prince pretty much use exotic melee-type weapons...and I kinda like that. I'd like to see a Suiko hero wielding something like a kusari gama or a waraxe...but i dunno how that'd turn out in duels...a two-bladed sword, perhaps?
Scar

Scar's Scourge

24083 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Tenkai needs to dig up the Grosser Fluss! (heh heh, unlikely due to MANY reasons.)

but, a weapon like Ivy's blade from Soul Calibur would be cool.

also, someone mentioned a shield as a weapon...

the new Tenkai could be like...

CAPTAIN AMERICA!

A scythe would be cool, as would a Swallow type weapon. (Kyril)
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty interested in seeing a Tenkai using his fists, but I would prefer a Tenkai wielding an axe type of weapon, I think it's called a Kama.

Or...

Something like this:
Half Moon Sword :D

Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah Kamas would be pretty cool, some other possibilities:
Shovel :P
9 Section Whip
Butterfly Swords

And I know Killey (and Childerich) have already used them but Katars would be awesome.

They could just go for something simple though, like a truncheon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 2 of 21

Jump to: