Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Was Suikoden V easy for you or What!! (SPOILER)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Brady games also said that many of the fights in KHII were tough. At least Suikoden V made me see the continue screen without relying on a cheap trick.
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only had a bit of trouble on the Ceras Lake Ruins. But just because I was kind of rushing the game and didn't properly sharp weapons or equip my characters. I thought the game was pretty hard, lol

But after that, I started getting serious and I had no trouble until the end. There was only one boss at the last dungeon that killed me, and only because I had to split the teams and one had weak chars.

I'd say S3 is the "hardest" of the series (although all are easy really). The formations in 5 cheapen the whole thing. Not to mention the magic absorb rune... Abusable level 4 spells like there's no tomorrow? Can you say broken?
red stuff

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah Suikoden in general isn't known for it's challenge but V was just nuts. I didn't even use any of the really powerful characters people are talking about, but the game was still a breeze. I had certain bosses later on in the game go down in a few turns.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To challenge myself, I'm using low-level characters in the harder areas of the game. The bosses in this game were freakishly weak, they needed a dose of game steroids.

Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know Suikoden isn't really known for its difficulty but Suikoden V was relatively easy compared to other installments. With a fury+doulbe-strike+boost rune combo, every enemy went down after a few seconds. Not to mention the insanely easy boss fights (1 round in the final boss, anyone?), Suikoden V isn't really the game you're looking for if you want a challenge.

Still, Suikoden V is an awesome game even with this kind of difficulty.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is easy really...
except the battle with the Sun Rune Incarnation >.>
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
except the battle with the Sun Rune Incarnation >.>

Meh, even for a final boss, the Sun Rune Incarnation was very easy. I just used the True Men formation's formation skill, and bam! SRI got killed in one round. How anticlimactic was that?
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used at the last ruins Lyon's group as loser's team I suppose. I didn't know whom to take and put those two dragonriders into her party, because their stats didn't look bad. I realised pretty fast that ever never was at a blacksmith with them and that they had no rune aside from those stupid stuff you get them with. They dealt less then a tenth of Lyon's damage and had no attack for two persons... Anyway, I managed even then to defeat the last enemy for their group, although it wasn't easy...

All in all the game was more than simplein terms of difficulty, but I had problems getting all SoD. I completed the game with a bit less than 70 Stars, I believe. I will play Suikoden V again as soon as I know how to get each and every Star of Destiny.

The Fool
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I glided through the whole game, never had to use a continue apart from one time in a second playthrough where I decided to use Zegai to fight against Childerich, I underestimated him and Zegai died... never again. If you fight every battle you're thrown into, getting through the game is a breeze, I could do it one handed.

Besides, with the addition of a Georg Prime - in his prime to command, everything up to and including the final boss is relatively easy to push to one side. Some of the characters hits (and Georg is a prime example :P) are insanely powerful and if weapons are sharpened even average hits are made heavenly.
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually had problems with the last boss. I don't rememer my party though...I know I used some of the Queen's Knights. Everyone else died except Galleon, and he was the reason I was able to beat the last boss.

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uji wrote:
Besides, with the addition of a Georg Prime - in his prime to command, everything up to and including the final boss is relatively easy to push to one side. Some of the characters hits (and Georg is a prime example :P) are insanely powerful and if weapons are sharpened even average hits are made heavenly.

Don't forget the runes too. A lot of the effect runes are broken are very easy to obtain. Double strike, fury, boost, crazed, and many others make the game a lot more easier than it already is.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ergh, at the beginning I was struggling because I was often broke. Once I got a lot of money though, it became a cinch.

Some of the war battles still suck kthx.

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Overall i found Suikoden V to be a pretty easy game. The only difficulties i had with it were the final boss and finding all 108 stars of destiny without the aid of a game guide. I remember on the new game plus file that i started i was able to use Georg in the final boss and i put him in the front row of my party and he died in the first turn. It was probably cause he has low magic defence or maybe i just didn't equip him with good armor (or maybe both). It was because of this that it took me a couple of attempts to beat the boss which i finally did in the end.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I replayed the game again.

This time it was easy. Maybe due to the experience I already recieved and of course because I already know what to do.

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
Uji wrote:

Don't forget the runes too. A lot of the effect runes are broken are very easy to obtain. Double strike, fury, boost, crazed, and many others make the game a lot more easier than it already is.

Oh yes, I didn't even get into the runes (which I usually don't dabble in early playthroughs), they can quite possibly be the biggest factor in unbalancing the nature of difficulty in the player's favour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: