Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Colbert Report

View previous topic :: View next topic  

George W. Bush: Great president or the Greatest president?
Great President
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Greatest President
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 5

Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: The Colbert Report Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is the first poll I've made here. I hope it works.

Anybody else watch this show? I watch it as often as I can, and always have a good laugh. My favorite part of the show is "the Word." I think it is the funniest show that I watch these days.

A great thing about the show is how Stephen Colbert steals the attention of the audience from his guest while walking over to the interview area.

Who watches this show? What are some of the funnier episodes you've seen?
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never heared of him, who is he?

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I watch it on occasion. It's not one of my television staples, but it's pretty funny. And you're right, "The Word" is hilarious. :*laugh*:

My favorite episodes were the one where he predicted the winners of the Academy Awards by word association, and the one where he interviewed Benjamin Franklin:

Colbert: In troubled times like these, don't we need a leader with... limitless power?

Franklim: L-l-limitless?

Colbert: I see. And one more thing: Did you die of syphillis? How about Jefferson? Washington? :*laugh*: :*laugh*:
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My Favorite eposide was when Steven and Conan went at it.
You can watch it here .

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh I forgot the funniest part of the interview! Here it is...

Colbert: King George III... Great king? Or the greatest? :*laugh*:

Ha, that's a great show. :*laugh*:
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I love that one with Benjamin Franklin :shock: .

The threat down is usually really funny, too.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stephen Colbert is a must watch for me and it should be for everyone. I mean just this little info on the man always cracks me up.

Quote:
The Colbert character has a phobia of bears, which he refers to as "godless killing machines without a soul.

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stewart and Colbert are both required viewing in my book. The only thing I would add to The Colbert Report would be liberal correspondents to act as foils to Colbert's character, which would become an amusing mirror image of the usual situation between Stewart and his reporters.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I'd want to see the show actually invite Bill O'Reilly, Joe Scarborough, Sean Hannity, Geraldo Rivera and others of the same persuasion to be interviewed by Stephen Colbert. The hilarity that would ensue from such episodes would be forever TiVo'ed by me.

3rd H.C. Regiment "Plague"

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
I think I'd want to see the show actually invite Bill O'Reilly, Joe Scarborough, Sean Hannity, Geraldo Rivera and others of the same persuasion to be interviewed by Stephen Colbert. The hilarity that would ensue from such episodes would be forever TiVo'ed by me.

Actually, Joe Scarborough was on the Colbert Report. On the 19th of July.

O'Reilly will likely go onto the show in the near future (he has a book coming out that he'll likely do the TV circuit to promote). And really, if Papa Bear wanted to come on the show, Colbert would give him the entire 30 minute broadcast if he wanted it. O'Reilly may not like the shows, personally, but he's a good sport. Stewart/Colbert may make fun of him, but they do respect the fact that he's willing to come on their show (the Daily Show) and such...

As for Hannity and Rivera... Well... Rivera won't ever be on Colbert... i just don't see it happening... as for Hannity, there's always hope...

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love "The Colbert Report". Comedy Central finally found a show to successfully fill that time slot after "The Daily Show". (Anybody remember Colin Quinn's show? It had it's moments, but overall... ugh. Quinn was hard to watch.)

Each of Colbert's segments are good--I can't really pick out a particular favorite. The Word, The Threatdown, Stephen's Sound Advice, Tip of the Hat--Wag of the Finger, Better Know a District/Candidate, Formidable Opponent, etc. (I'm sure I missed a few.) They're all great. In fact, I'd give them two thumbs up if I didn't need them to type the rest of this post. (I promise I'll give two thumbs up after I hit submit, okay?)

Personally, the only part of the show that doesn't always work for me is the interview segment. It'd be funnier to me if he could really make his guests uncomfortable, with a serious "Is this guy @#$%ing serious?!?!?" look stapled on their faces. That's why I love his "Better Know a District" segments--these representatives are so uptight and conscious of their image that they're unwilling to go along with him. (The editing doesn't help them either.)

I love the challenge he's got going on right now with that lightsaber stuff, heh. Lot of good submissions so far. :D

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: