Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Is it finally time for a female Tenkai?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What gender will Suikoden 6's tenkai be?
Female
50%
 50%  [ 55 ]
Male
33%
 33%  [ 37 ]
Both?
15%
 15%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 109

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1128479 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I, personally, don't care about the gender of the character I am controlling so long as it is a good game. Believe me, I had no more difficulty playing Suikoden III with Chris Lightfellow than I did with Hugo or Geddoe. There's no guarantee that the Tenkai absolutely has to be the main character in a Suikoden game, as Thomas has proved, so we may get a female lead but not as the Tenkai star.

Child of The Sea God wrote:
I wouldn't like a female Hero because Suikoden is a role playing game and then I as the player would take on a role as a female. Things would feel all weird for me.

I know it's not Suikoden, but what about the Metroid games, Samus is female. Again I must mention Chris Lightfellow, whom it was mandatory to control for at least three chapters in Suikoden III. It is, of course, your prerogative to find the prospect of a female lead unappealing, but it certainly hasn't stopped the female audience from experiencing and enjoying the Suikoden series with the male leads.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't mind a female hero, but I don't see it happening.

It's sort of one of the Suikoden Traditions. Excluding the Tri-Hero system of Suikoden III, all the Heros have been male. I don't really see that changing.

We may see a female Hero in the future. We'll see...
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Female Tenkai wouldn't be so bad. Male or Female, it doesn't matter as long as the story and the gameplay is neat and not boring.

And women are never meant to be in a kitchen.

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jibrille Hillbert

Lollers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
It could be hard for male generals/leaders to trust a femme's decisions which could create pretty good conflict between characters. The Tankai would have to prove herself a lot throughout the game, and the choices that you make as a player could influence the way certain events play out with certain individuals.

As Sophita said, even without a Tenkai, we already had plenty of female leaders who have never been doubt by their royal fellows.
Not for saying that if they doesn't doubt a TEEN HERO, why should they doubt a leader just because she's a woman?
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think this shouldn't be about wether there will be one, but i think when, not all True Rune bearers can be men surly, even if there is never a female tenkai, there will always be strong female, i think a character with the stats and a weapon like Nanami would be perfect for this role.

can hold her own in a fight
unique weapon that is a M range.

It's definalty time, it's been time for a long while.

(my vote is Yes BTW)
ryanwh

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Id like the hero not to be some kid this time. Male, female, not an issue. But damn at least make him a decent age. 16 year olds dont save the world, ever, they sit around and pine on themselves. Bring in another Hugo.
Jibrille Hillbert

Lollers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ryanwh wrote:
Id like the hero not to be some kid this time. Male, female, not an issue. But damn at least make him a decent age. 16 year olds dont save the world, ever, they sit around and pine on themselves. Bring in another Hugo.

...you sure you wanted to say "Hugo"? Because, you know, Hugo's a teen as well....
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't mind playing a female, but I would mind to get busy with the boys :?
ryanwh

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jibrille Hillbert wrote:
ryanwh wrote:

...you sure you wanted to say "Hugo"? Because, you know, Hugo's a teen as well....

He was older looking, then. :P
I mean, at least he had a chin.
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chris was my favorite main character, so I'm all for a female tenkai too. Although the ideal would be a middle-aged man, or at least someone in his twenties. We are used to it, but isn't it weird how Suikoden, having such a mature story, portrays a godly teenager all the time?

Each one is surrounded by a lot of older people, most of them stronger, smarter and more suited to lead an army. How does some teenager gets always to be the leader? Maybe because they're only puppets chosen by the runes afterall.
vspirit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i voted for male. there's just something about the whole male leading a ragtag bunch to win a war that sits better in my realm of perception. granted, i don't have anything against a female one, and i know there are lots of games with female leads that are really good but i never ever felt compelled to play them...if suiko goes this way, well, i'm loyal enough to the series to play it but i'll have serious qualms about it, like i did with III. I procrastinated playing Chris' part, tho I kinda like her. I think there was a whole month between completing the first two and starting with Chris when III first came out. xD i just didn't feel quite as...motivated. this is not to say that i won't keep an open mind, if the female lead is truly something else but judging from my track record, it's usually not the case of the female lead, it's more of my own illogical preference towards male protagonists. as long as it's male, and it's in a genre that I favor, i'd actually try the game eventho it doesn't look so promising. of course, whether or not I finish it if it's not, is another thing altogether. Heh heh...

and that is why, overly-girly boy protagonists don't cut it for me either. xxD so you can imagine how not-so-happy i was when the Prince's deisgn was first revealed. while i assumed correctly it's a boy (i'm kinda takin it for granted now that suiko leads will almost always be male...until unarguably proven otherwise, that is), i wasn't very...savvy...with him. til i saw more art of him and trailers. then i changed my mind. xD playing the game only proved to shine a better light on him in my case. heh. of course, him being ultimately male helps a lot.

believe it or not, it's the same thing for me when I watch anime. the only time i'm not partial between male and female lead is when it comes to american movies...but i'm not a big fan of those either way in the first place so...
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just don't think a Female one would happen.

So far there have been certain characteristics of the Tenkai that have been constant even for Thomas:

Young
Personality that draws people
and Male
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Female Tenkai would stink, if it was the type of Tenkai from 1,2,4 & 5. When the character doesn't talk what point is their to haveing the character be female? All it would do is casue backlash from the people who love to complain and might hurt sales. Now if the Tenkai was like Thomas then I have no problem becasue you could define the character in ways you couldn't with the slient hero. (Plus a woman being slient? Come on I know it's a game but that's just to outlandish even for a world full of talking Dog men!)... *Run away*

Plus I'm more than happy with the Female side-kick who talks in place of the hero for most of the game. (I guess this only works for two of the games but...)

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:

I know it's not Suikoden, but what about the Metroid games, Samus is female.

*laugh* I actually think, and still do, that Samus wouldn't be as succsesful if it weren't for her suite covering her up. A lot of people think that She is a he because of how here suite is made. Games with girls with leading ladies don't sell much, I think its because generally guys play video games more than girls(or more guys, I should say).

So, you have to hand it to Nintendo, for their brilliant idea.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, after all, Tomb Raider never sold a single copy! Big flop!

And Dead or Alive isn't popular at all!

I mean, girls are icky!

Girls make up around 43% of the game market; I think y'all either need to adjust to the fact gaming isn't the No Girls Allowed Club anymore (if it ever was) or find a new hobby.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: