Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Eresh (Spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Eresh (Spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Before reading on, you should have at least recruited the mentioned character and finished the game (at least the bad ending)

Im a bit puzzled by this lady, I think she is related to jeane in some kind of military rank way... Like if Jeane were her superior of something .

And the whole vessel thing reminds me too much to another character from Breath of Fire 4 (Ershin) those who have played it will get what I mean, I just don't wanna spoil one of that game's nicest twists.

Another thing that left me a bit shocked was that in the final battle, my Eresh got killed. And when I went to my castle and checked the comment box there was one from Jeane that said:

"tee-he, don't worry about Eresh, she's pretty tough" or something like that.

What exactly do we know from this girl (she's a girl, right?) based on in-game experience? , and what are your thoughts about her?
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Oboro reports that her garb is indicative of a senior priest, so I'm not sure if she's involved in any sort of military. Anyway, it is my opinion that Jeane and Eresh are members of some ancient civilization, either Sindar or the Ancient Armes dynasty. However, since Zerase is connected to Leknaat, and Zerase is connected to Jeane, it would seem that Jeane (and thus likely Eresh) is connected to Leknaat and her goals. Of course, there' no reason that they couldn't be ancients AND in league with Leknaat, it's just less likely than either scenario alone.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What bothers me the most, it's the whole vessel issue. And if what you say it's true, heck perhaps Jeane's body isn't her own and she just likes to dwell on sexy chics with silver hair and light clothing.

The whole deal with Kuroku's ability to see "Jeane's true form" sounds nicer if you think about it having in mind your theory Camus

Nevertheless, I founded quite amusing that Jeane laughed (joked to be more precise) about Eresh's death... Resurrecting, or Immortality surely has quite a lot to do with her humorous way of dealing with the death of a "comrade"
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jeane tee-hees over everything, even her boring job. ~_~ Honestly, that woman is a walking Bag-o-Yuk-yuks.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

is my opinion that Jeane and Eresh are members of some ancient civilization, either Sindar or the Ancient Armes dynasty. However, since Zerase is connected to Leknaat, and Zerase is connected to Jeane, it would seem that Jeane (and thus likely Eresh) is connected to Leknaat and her goals

I think they are probably all from the same tribe, like Windy.
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I get the impression that Eresh is some sort of higher being, who is currently in the body of a human for some untold reason. From their dialogues, it seems either Jeane is the same way, or she is very closely connected.

EDIT: Just thought of something. Raura from II seemed to be a friend of Jeane in the same way Eresh is. Maybe she's from the Ancient Armes Kingdom? She does look Egyptian...So does Hortez of III.

What I want to know, is what exactly Jeane had to go get that she "forgot" in the Big Hole. And why did Eresh go deeper into the same place to take on some sort of undead pharaoh-looking creature?

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wondered the same question...

"what's this "pharoah" thing...?" looks straight outta Wild Arms.

Is it me, or do Oboro's "investigations" just not seem as interesting as the ones in the past? I don't know why, but the people I have checked out just don't give much information, or he just states the obvious.

Yes, like all of you (probably) I investigated Zerase first... what a big *beep* disappointment that was.

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What about those other people who follow Jeane? Raura, Hortez VII they both look like ancient egyptian/sindrain people. Maybe Jeane is some kind of Goddes that Sinder people follow. *sigh* or not...

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another odd thing about Eresh I thought was how much she looks like a "white mage" (of FF fame), and how she turned out bearing a Res Rune, which is the closest thing Suikoden has gotten to "holy" (spells, not that "running" bs from 1-3).

Eresh also has a Pale Gate Rune, which should disprove any theory that she is anything BUT a mage.

As for this culture subject, it's great that we finally have a lead on Jeane's story, because it's annoying when a character has been in more games than anyone and only a paragraph can be devoted to their story. We have people who've been in one game who have "pages" of story.

Even if Jeane turned out to be from the buried forgotten magic kingdom of final fantasy 6... that was the first thing I thought of when I entered.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fogotten Magic Kingdom of Final Fantasy VI? Now, I'm a FF Expert sort of and I fail to see ANY correlation between the Armes forgotten kingdom and the fallem Magi of FFVI. The Magi had full working machines made of metal and mastered the ability to use magic. In Suikoden V, the world already has prevalent magic use. And the ruins of ancient Armes has an egyptian feel, not a metallic structural feel.

Anyhow, before I get too off track with FF comparisons that make no sense. I also believe a question may have been answered regarding Jeane. I think she IS from Armes, as is Eresh. Rememebr this is Armes and not New Armes which just stole the name. As for Raura and Hortez VII I got nothing. But we do know one thing, they love magic. Jeane is great with magic and is a rune mistress. Eresh uses ressurection and Pale Gate magic as well as being a tutor in the Magical Arts. If Hortez and Raura are from Ancient Armes (or are decendants of) as well, they can take runes and transform them into usable scrolls.

The Sindar ruins never had a full on Egyptian feel, so to say they are Sindar is incorrect. I beleive the glimpse of Armes ruins we see in Suikoden V is enough to see that they are more based on our Egyptian ruins than any other. The Sindar Ruins of Suikoden II and III (and to some extent the Obel Ruins of IV) seem to be based more on Roman or Greek ruins than of Egypt.

Coketastic wrote:
Is it me, or do Oboro's "investigations" just not seem as interesting as the ones in the past? I don't know why, but the people I have checked out just don't give much information, or he just states the obvious.

The investigations haven't been good since III. Kidd and Deborah sucked. Oboro was decent though, because he at least provided SOME info on characters that you didn't know already. Kidd and Deborah didn't expose any secrets of real importance.

I don't beleive Zerase has much connection with Jeane and Eresh other than they are mere acquaintances. Nor do I beleive Windy, Leknaat and Zerase have anything to do with Ancient Armes.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that each Jeane was actually a different Jeane in each of the games? Maybe Sars can clarify that, because I'm pretty sure that's true. And that would explain her connection to Eresh in a sense because they're both able to take several forms.

Perhaps both Eresh and Jeane are from Nagarea, and their priesthood has the ability to reincarnate? *shrug*

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:
Perhaps both Eresh and Jeane are from Nagarea, and their priesthood has the ability to reincarnate? *shrug*

Where did that come from. We don't know much of Nagarea in the first place. But i understand the situation. We're still not sure of Eresh or Jeane's origins. But ever since the scenes Jeane has had in this game, it's leading to a point that she may be indeed related to the Ancient Armes Kingdom...

She can open the door by herself to that place especially if that door was magically sealed. Even though we have much information about it... There's still large gaping holes in Eresh and Jeane's background...

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

VikiFanatic wrote:

She can open the door by herself to that place especially if that door was magically sealed. Even though we have much information about it... There's still large gaping holes in Eresh and Jeane's background...

i'm thinking that since she was able to open that door, she used to live there. just gets me wondering what was that item she got, which later on when you try to get eresh has opened up revealing another set of stairs. wonder if that was jeane's plan. to get the item which prolly sealed that part, knowing that eresh would go by there to where she can open that part up.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To add to the nonsense, I'd like to point out what Jeane says to Eresh after the boss is defeated. She asks: "Did you regain your memory?"

So the whole "ordeal" was to Eresh to regain her lost memories? Or was it only a part of it? Worse enough is when Eresh specifically tells you that she can't explain the whole thing. And Jeane only tee-hees any question towards her.

Anyhow, it's safe to say that neither Jeane nor Eresh are showing their true forms. We knew that about Jeane since S3, and Eresh refers to herself as "vessel". There's also the little "hidden" tidbit of the letter Jeane sends you if Eresh is killed in a major battle. She says something like "Tee-hee, don't worry about Eresh, she's a tough one" and somehow confirms the whole vessel thing. As if what was killed wasn't the true body/form of Eresh.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That has to be a clue. Maybe those two figures are just some ancient souls in borrowed bodies that appear to help you. Think Keroberos and Yue from Cardcaptor Sakura. That could be an answer to what they are, but i think we still need confirmation. It's still confusing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: