Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Victory+ on Stormfist?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonm17

3378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Victory+ on Stormfist? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey I'm having trouble getting a Victory+ on stormfist. My loss count is only 70. Should I just rush the enemy and get the hero inside the castle?
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

there are some victories where you can't get a +. that is prolly one of them.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Buff is right; there are just some battles you can't get the plus on. One battle, although I can't remember which one, I won with absolutely zero losses and still didn't get a Victory Plus. It doesn't really matter, though. I understand the pride issue with getting the Victory Plus, but there are no differences in terms of rewards or whatnot.
Maddoc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In most battles, the way to get a Victory+ is to pursue the 'goal' without wiping out all of the enemy units. If the mission has a goal such as pushing them back to a certain point, or reaching a certain point with one of your units, it's absolutely imperative that you achieve that goal while the enemy still has units remaining.

Just to note, time, contrary to popular belief, doesn't seem to be a factor in my experience.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played the Stormfist battle slow, focusing on the water battle before the land battle. I wonder if you guys did the same and perhaps by just focusing on the land battle would get a victory+?

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

battles you can get a victory+ in are:

first combat, intercepting luger's fleet, rainwall's defense campaign 2, hated fortress siege, leclar campaign, doaart diege, new queen's campaign, the recapture, childerich pursuit battle, armes pursuit battle, stromfist siege, sol-falena siege, sol-falena siege 2.

battles you can't get a victory+ in are:

leclar defense campaign, lordlake defense campaign, final defense campaign,.

jasonm17

3378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So what should I have done different? I think I did wipe out the enemy units but I can't quite remember.
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's very possible to get Victory+ in this situation. My losses for the battle (which I just finished a little earlier) was 23 and I went pretty much right for Stormfist without dealing with too many units. I defeated two units on my way to Stormfist itself, having moved west towards the water then up along the edge. My only major (unhealed) losses came from an archer ship smacking the Dragon Horses right at the last second.

There's no need to wipe out more than those two units, and even then it might be possible to enter the capital without defeating both if you can have the Dahak drive them from the shore with Barrage. Pushing the Prince's unit through and saving your Dawn Rune ability as long as possible is a good way to push them away at the last moment as well.

I think my battle lasted a grand total of seven minutes, most of which was spent cursing the beavers as they got repeatedly caught between ships and required constant healing.

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just finished the Stormfist siege battle, and got a victory+. I lost 3 units, but I totally wiped out their forces, I left them with no one left. Got me 60,000 potch minus casualites and a Master's Garb.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, judging from these two great differences in battle outcomes, it seems that there's nothing set to get a Victory+ off of the Stormfist Siege mission. So, just what does it need to trigger a Victory+ in that scenario, I wonder? Is there anyone able to shed some light onto that mystery (no pun intended...)? I'm actually quite curious of the requirements to receive a Victory+ for this, and any other, mission now.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i have no clue what triggers the victory+ in that battle. i just know i have gotten it before.

Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played yesterday that campaign and got Victory+ aswell
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also did it last night, and went straight for the castle. I got a victory+.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: