Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

is there something more to suikoden?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

B-Pez wrote:
And just because some of the True Runes are MIA or don't have any bearers, it wouldn't really make sense either if they're just *there* with no one at all.

Well, we do know that True Runes can travel without bearers. It'd be weird, sure, and unprecedented but it is possible. I could see it becoming more of a possiblity the more we learn about True Runes and their creation etc. If we assume that the final game will be in Harmonia (pretty big assumption, I know) then several runes will already be in Hikusaak's possesion and so would not need a real storyline to explain why they're there already, they just... 'would be'. It'd take some pressure off the writers at least.

I'm hoping that Konami won't do something really cheap in the final game however and just have some maniac hook up 27 True Runes to an ULTIMATE DOOMSDAY WEAPON!!!! and then you have to smack it upside the head. I could see a lot of lesser RPGs taking that way out.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Somehow I doubt that Konami after all of the work they have put into the detail that goes into each game of this series would cop out with a cheesy storyline for the finale. They would alienate the entire fanbase they have made through this series and that would simply be a terrible move from a buisiness standpoint. I mean you have to remember that Suikoden three didnt exactly strike it rich in the North American market aside from the die hard fans. Did that stop them from sending over Suikoden four anyway? Of course not they sent it and while it might not have been the biggest success in the world it made money to my knowledge.

I dont really think that it would be so simple as the True Runes simply just being there but I wouldnt be surprised if for the end game all the true runes are gathered there under the banner of the one hundred and eight stars of destiny. Kind of like with Suikoden three where some of the stars were not part of the heroes army it could work like that again though not the cheap play through they made for said characters in Suikoden 3. There are a lot of possibilities for what they could do with the final game.

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would be weird to have all 27 runes together under the 108 stars. You already have three True Rune Bearers who are Tenkai Stars and (presumable) you will be adding more if the games continue with their pattern. Not all 108 rune bearers will get to be stars unless the game decides to do some switching. They would either have to switch which stars people belong to (which I don't think is possible ... there is no precedent for this in the games) or switch who the bearers are. That would be a big letdown in my mind to all of a sudden say Tir and Konami can't be in the game because Riou is the Tenkai Star the designers chose. Then to all of a sudden have the Runes on new people we know nothing about?

With all the different endings out there, it would also be hard to get a coherent story. I understand the "default" Flame Champion choice, but whether or not {SPOILERS} Konami and Jowy are in the game and whether or not Rious has the complete Rune of Beginning {end SPOILERS} depends so much on the player, I think it would alienate people to have their choices undone. Kind of like Luc, Max and Sheena appearing in S2 when the die so wasily in S1.

I think that there may have been some kind of greater Runic story planned, but since the designers changed in S3, I doubt it is still being followed. At least not to the original plans. Who knows, maybe they've got a new idea. I certainly hope so.

Office of the Merchant Guild Secretary

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wataru14 wrote:

S4: Island Nations vs. Kooluk / Konami vs. Rune of Punishment's curse

I think it was more like Konami the company against the fans actually.
Erinyes

Zephyr Quill

7589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Runes are like germs, in an astray in search of its victim...True Runes I mean

Suikoden really has this connection in real life, in a logical and sometimes insane way ^^. I couldn't say more or less since the previous posters said it already..... :?
blah1234

21109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah... i agree ....lol
Prince Crisafulli

Fulli Force

5827 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Pesmerga, True Runes are known to have their own incentives, and also Luc did have his vision, to I think that the True Runes each through their bearers or by themselves depending on the rune's sentiment would be able to be together.
I think it would be interesting if Windy appeared or Leknaat found where the other half of the Gate Rune is and one of them possesses the full Gate Rune, Windy wants the True Runes because of her hatred towards Harmonia, and Hikusaak wants True Runes because? It isn't yet revealed, Windy's hatred alone would be a stigma for their battle/competition to gain control over the True Runes, especially since Windy knows how to bear more than one True Rune at once, while Hikusaak had clones made for holding the True Runes, it begs the question if he could bare them why would he need Luc and Sasarai?
I also have a theory that since the Circle rune is the True Rune of Order and Stagnation, that the leader of the Sindar who bears the Rune of Change would effectively be the Rune of Disorder and Revolution, hence their Eternal Wander causing destruction and leaving ruins wherever they went. The Rune of Beginning gives the power to judge war, therefore it is neither dharma or chaos, it is essentially a neutral rune that would either use the bearers own judgement of the situation or its own sentiments (depending on the situation and level of mastery), therefore it would be interesting to see if the judging of war is put into place, I personally think Jowy should be able to hold the Rune of Beginning, we've already played as Riou, and also Jowy has a much greater personality, he shows that neither Highland or Dunan were evil, both sides had motives which were pure, Han, Seed and Culgan's deaths were particularly moving in this respect, Jowy had been on both sides of the war for a reasonable amount of time, and also acted on his own, he judged the war on his own sentiments rather than listen to Leon, effectively prolonging the war for the sake of friendship, therefore he would have a better idea of the workings of war than Riou would do. Riou listened to Shu all the time, while Jowy would either listen to advice when it suited, but would also pursue his own motives for his own reasons, to protect Pilika and Jillia, and to get peace in a united land.
Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think that Jowy should beare Beginig Rune.... Riou is you actually. So, actually ur saying that Jowy has peronality than U.
4 me that doesn't make sense. I like them both, especially Jowy, but Riou is very good character too.

I don't even think that Begining Runa can act like Rune on it's own.
Cause in the end of the game. When you get happy ending and finished fighting with Jowy, in invertory u see that each one of them still has one of components of Begining Rune.

And it's logical in one way. Brother Runes should be seperated cause of their nature, and Begining should react only in some 'special' situations.

It would be better that way, cause if they put it only on one of them whole Friendship and forgivness stuff would be meaningless.
One would be Immortal and the other would die.

either way i would love to see them in 6 or somewhere else, like we saw Tir in 2.
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you guys are seing too far, the rune of begininning is saying exactly what it is. it is reproducing the war between ''shield'' and sword'' that created the world suikoden as we know it. its like a remnance of what left's of them. they take the bearers that have the most potential to become leader. and trought ''twist of fate'' make them confront each other. to finish the d@mn duel they had hence is why at the end, we finish with a duel. the duel between the dark sword and bright shield- shield and sword.-

we could even take it as far as saying its like the duel between karma and dhaos, but i won,t go there... not now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: