Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Slow progress (possible spoilers)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Slow progress (possible spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just wondering at what point does the hero get his Rune and his headquarters. Earthquake and I have been playing and he's 10 - 12 hours in and we're still fugitives in Rainwall. In S2, you'd be halfway done with the game, in S2 you'd be on the way to Two River, in S3 you'd be in chapter 3 or so of at least one character and in S4 you'd be pretty much set as well.

It looks like the HQ will be acquired after the Raftfleet battle, but how much longer until a formal HQ is found? We have encountered about 15 - 20 stars, but cannot recruit any of them yet!

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, the beginning is pretty damn long. You'll probably get the rune pretty soon, but the headquarters won't come for another 5 hours at least. At this point, the game really just likes introducing you to tons of characters, but not letting you recruit them yet.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

At this point, the game really just likes introducing you to tons of characters, but not letting you recruit them yet.

I can't even begon to tell you how that annoys me. It's become the parade of 108 stars, look but don't recruite. I understand they want to do back story, but for each and every person. That's a little much, and it's what investigations are for.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually liked how they drew the storyline out a bit. I'd rather all characters have a little bit of story instead of the random recruits you fall upon for no reason that join you for no reason other than you're walking by at a certain time.

-My DeviantArt-
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't mind making all the charaters IMPOSSIBLE to join, what I can't stand is that YOU CANNOT RESET by the control, and I CANNOT skip the stupid dialoges, I have to wait until THEY think i'm done reading, also, THERES A LOT OF FREAKING READING...... but other than that I love the game.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, lots of reading means lots of development!

And I kind of liked seeing characters before being able to recruit them. It usually helped develop them (such as Nikea, Gavaya, Norma, and more).

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Georg_Prime wrote:
I don't mind making all the charaters IMPOSSIBLE to join, what I can't stand is that YOU CANNOT RESET by the control, and I CANNOT skip the stupid dialoges, I have to wait until THEY think i'm done reading, also, THERES A LOT OF FREAKING READING...... but other than that I love the game.

Did you put the text box on show all? That might help. Because uhm, fast? Is not so fast.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

very true fast is not that fast at all! i've found that out rather quick. Also the slow progress, i think, has shown that there is a reason for how characters act and sets up how the future will be.

You will get to start recruiting soon but only a couple. and in about 3-5 hours will get the HQ. Also all non-plot character require a sidequest. that will be good if you wanted more depth or annoying if you don't want to put in that kind of time.

What i find very funny is that we all said that we hate having characters just joining for no reason and we would like the story to be longer and more developed but when it happened people are now saying that they want it shorter/ faster.

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like it the way it is. I just wish certain characters would join me already. *Looks at someone with a sweet hat*

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Hoodman

Saruzin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally think the backstory is great for the Suikodens I mean yes there are some characters who still don't do much but join, and you must use Oboro to figure out more. However, there were characters who if they did not have more importance(Oboro's gang) at first than they at least had a little something extra(Ernst's secret) I'd say thats better than say people like Onil and Esmeralda in the first Suikoden

-There is neither a more trustworthy ally nor fearsome foe than you, Your Highness
- Shula Valya

-Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie - Shu
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: