Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Tactics] New Game+ Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: [Tactics] New Game+ Question Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know of the New Game+ question, though I have not yet finished the game to my liking (i.e. leveling up all characters, all quests done, etc), however I also want to play the game again as I really enjoyed it the first time around.

Thanks to Username's guide I know that you carry over equipment, non-equipped runes, potch and items.

I know that Unite attacks, completed guild quests and the legendary hammer do not carry over.

I also know that Lalacle joins you as soon as you get to Middleport on your New Game +

But do levels carry over (is there much point spending time leveling up all the characters if this won't stick) and do the skills learnt carry over? If not (for the skills) does your stock of skill points carry over? Basically I'm wanting to know this so I can save my time and skill points, start the game again and not have wasted my time on characters that will have lost everything.

I looked in the forum but couldn't find anything. GameFAQ's and Suikosource just states the information I got from Username.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Levels do not carry over. Skill levels and skill points do.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You legend John. Thanking you kindly.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which bugs me. I don't see why levels don't carry over! Why don't levels carry over? Okay that'd make the new game really easy, but they could just beefed up the bad guys as well. Besides getting everything there's little point to the new game +.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My opinion on New Game + are always compared to Chrono Trigger/Cross where everything (or at least everything I can remember)carries over - all armour and weapons are still worn by the characters they had on in the previous save (or it's all placed in the invetnory I believe) and their levels, stats and magic are all carried over as well.

I think New Game + should be used for fun in games and not for a serious "replay" through. But that's just me.

Anyway, if levels don't carry over but skills do - I'm happy enough!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: [Tactics] New Game+ Question Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:

I know that Unite attacks, completed guild quests and the legendary hammer do not carry over.

the only thing that gets carried over from the quild quests is which quests you have completed.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am pretty sure that all quests don't get carried over and need to be done all over in a new game+.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe that ardPSiKo has it right. If all quests were carried over, that would make for awkward gameplay. For instance, you wouldn't be able to complete the quests necessary to recruit some characters.

However, I do believe that the entries in the Quest Log remain the same, if that's what Buff is talking about.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you know how she has a list of what quests have been completed or not. the quests you have completed stay in that list.

ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see, i didn't know that, sorry for misunderstanding you :oops: .
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nah don't worry. i should of explained it better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: