Suikoden United and Illegal Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Questions about recruiting**Major Spoilers**
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prophecy

Local Ruffians!!!!

60970 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Questions about recruiting**Major Spoilers** Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i just finished the bandit thingy in Sable, im about to leave, up until this point recruiting has been very...ummmm...it seems boring, like i have points in the story i can do whatever but it seems noone will join up. The characters i have recruited are boring to me..... just wondering if anyone can help me or reassure me that it will pick up like in suikoden 2 when its time to recruit.
Oh and is there a ninja in this game? lol you know baddass ninja style guy

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nope there is no ninja. but the recruit is mainly slow in the begining is due to some not trusting the prince or some just don't want to join yet until you do certain stuff. but i have no idea when it will pick up. hopefully it does after you get the headquaters.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Assassins have replaced ninjas in this game.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

but those are just armes assassins, i believe they are not playable characters you can recruit. unless a couple defect to help the prince out.

zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OH YOU'RE IN FOR A SUPRISE!!! let me just tell you. and no they aren't Armes assassins they are Nether Gate, an assassin faction under Godwin now.

Yes there is a bad ass "ninja" Raven or ******.

Recruiting is very hard. because you need to do certain things. again non-plot characters require a side quest.
After each major battle or scene there is atleast 3-7 characters to recruite. there is one that is a very limited time to complete which you can do after clearing the bandits. if you really want to know ask and i shall post how to get him or you can look online for it.

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism

Last edited by zeal on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, recruiting is slightly more involved this game. Nobody will join just because you have "that look in your eye" or because of the rune you carry. You have to help a lot of them, or others, you need to indirectly help them.

Sadly I missed a lot of characters in my first playthrough because I assumed they would just join me because I'm cool. Sadly, I was mistaken.

It only picks up when you want it to pick up. You have to do some work to get the recruits this time... a lot more work than past games in my opinion.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Prophecy

Local Ruffians!!!!

60970 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahhhh thats good news and bad news i guess...
I needed an involving game and this was it! Yea i Just finished the Bandit quest, and am trying to recruit, but every town i go in theres noone there i can recruit, i need some good fighters, at the moment i have noone good. OH im at the part where you have to wait for someone in the islands..dirva.....divva? lol cant remember the name its a different one for sure.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

zeal wrote:

Yes there is a bad ass "ninja" Raven or ******.

sweetness, can't wait to check him out. plus he has a cool name.

LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can anyone of you help me by stated out what will Roy and Lorelai said during a duel with them? I mean what they said means what their action to be? :shock: Thankz Guys~ Ooh...Chunk as well... :mrgreen:
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From what I've been told if they say anything about Killing, maiming, destroying, anything sounding like seriou damage it's a special attack and you should defend. If they say anything about conserving, or holding you off, they are defending. Almost anything else is an aatack.
Crimson

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got a problem here, I just played until I got My HQ and before that I couldn't recruit Oboro,Fuyou and Shigure even though I've join their mission to Lordlake that time, but when I ask him to join ,He's not joining

I wonder What's wrong??
Prophecy

Local Ruffians!!!!

60970 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea same here, i cant get oboro to join, and also for Raven how do you go about recruiting them like the easiest explanation, since i cant get raven without oboro in my HQ its kinda hard LOL...

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wait until the water has drained in your castle and reveals the basement. then try to talk to oboro to see if he'll join yet. some time he will and some times he won't. just be patient with him.

as for raven, if you have oboro, marina, egbert, and taylor recruited, go to sable and talk to saulis in his mansion and he'll mention that his family tree was stolen. go talk to oboro and he'll have a plan on how to catch raven again. he says go find a family tree from one of your members which is egbert inside your inn. take it back to oboro and he sets it up and have taylor write a newpaper exclusive on it. go back to you inn and sleep and oboro will wake you up. then you go to the vault and try to find him. if you don't in time it doesn't matter as 3 people outside the vault will help you capture him. after all that go back to where raven is being held, in one of the rooms under the inn and talk to him and you'll have the option to recruit him, but he won't until oboro pleads to him to join which he will willingly.

Crimson

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm when the water drained from sindar ,hmm I haven't tried this one yet, before the mission to go to the beaveer lodege, I talk to Oboro about 90 times once I met him^^
Prophecy

Local Ruffians!!!!

60970 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahah, it seems really weird one of the most important peoiple of Suikoden (the detective style people) are now the hardest to recruit or have so many different ways to get him LOL (in suikoden 5).

As for the water basin where is it exactly??? SORRY im sure this is a retarded question....lol im not the brightest feller
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: