Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

`It's the little things` - little gems in Suikoden V?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gordius was hilarious.

Do the Lindwurm Mercs (wilhelm and Mueller) remind anyone of Suikoden Tactic's Red and Blue Mercenary? I looked for a pic to either confirm or invalidate my feeling, but came up empty.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the last battle for Sol-Falena, Nakura died when I threw his unit in to a meat grinder to buy time for a regroup. Sagiri sent me a letter in the comment box that read "Why did he have to die? I should have been the one."

If you go in to Sialeeds' room before going to Sol-Falena, Kyle shows up in the room as you're about to leave. He assures you he won't go through her stuff, "becuase there's no need." Oh, Kyle, you're so whacky.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my favorite things are definitely the little poses and comments after battle from the person who did the final kill. They amuse me to no end :)

-My DeviantArt-
tomriddle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you know whenever the screen says LOADING . . .
and you have different characters running...

sometimes they show up wearing different costumes ^^ and Viki.. well, she doesn't even run, she teleports all over your screen

nice little touch, this game is FILLED with tiny details which is making it awesome!
Jeanemon

23356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What I really like is the difference in the agressive and passive answers. For example, in Stormfist: If you choose to save Belcoot, the Prince throws his staff down in front of Childerch. If you choose to remain silent, the King jumps up and saves him.

Plus, if you choose to be mean to Lym during the Sacred Games, the Prince does this adorable pout. It's kind of like 'Hey, I don't get a sacred game! You just need to suck it up, missy!' SO CUTE.
hoonn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love some of the Suikoden references they make. Like one of the girls in the castle says something like "I saw Georg buying all the cakes in Shinro's shop. He told him to give him "The Regular" and Shinro gave him bunch of cakes. I wonder what he's going to do with them?"

Also one of the notes in the comment box left by Cathari says "I heard Milich Oppenheimer, one of the six great generals in the north came here to see the coronation. It would've been interesting if Georg had been there." and another one left by Wabon that talks about the feud between elves and the dwarves up in the north (Suikoden I).

These really made me smile. :)
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's the Luca Blight bit in the game - "Die pigs!"
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hawkthanatos wrote:
There's the Luca Blight bit in the game - "Die pigs!"

Beat me to it.

I also liked how Lorelai's "I join only strong people" bit was worked into the game.

The various music remixes from past games.
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the classic pugnose tomboy comment came back in referring to Lymsleia. I laughed at that one qyite a bit since she does remind me a bit of Nanami.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, I like most of Sialeeds's comments. Also, most of the previous game references....

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love how Lun gripes if you've got Logg in your party and then add her. I read that for the first time and it sent me into fits of giggles. I was entirely too amused.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Forum Poster wrote:
I also liked how Lorelai's "I join only strong people" bit was worked into the game.

i also like when you first meet her, and she points out the hero saying that hes a weakling...such memories...

also i think recruiting is so much better, becuz theres alot of characters where you have to meet them 2-4 times and go on a side quest to get them...no more of that..."oh your in an army, let me join!"...and sum of them dont join til hours later...

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Morgan reference was really cool. So far I've seen alot more personality in the characters as well as their quirks and it's actually humorous. Much more than SH:FTNW and that surprised me alot.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have you guys played the fishing game with lun and logg in it? Some of those dialogues during it are funny as hell!

LOL
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've noticed those hilarious dialogues.. but have been unable to pay attention to it cos I'm too busy trying to catch myself some big fish or urns. Those dialogues are too funny to look at to be doing something else while reading them ^^0

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: