Suikoden United and Irrational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Zweig
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Zweig Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've noticed this character is particularly popular with players, and I'm curious to know why. He has no particular strong point in any area, and he has no strong affinity with any rune type. So, anyway, my question is this:

For those of you using him, why are you doing so when there's so many better options?
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's pretty much the same reason people use lots of characters in Suikoden. People like the way they look or act. Suikoden's never been a series where you've had to worry about using the right characters because some are just too weak.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Zweig is pretty much a target of mockery among Japanese fans because he looks cool and everything, but he's just very average and "Freed Y"-like in terms of stats, and he misses a lot.
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Comparing Zweig to Freed is just unfair. Zweig is just kind of average, but Freed? You'd be better off with an empty character slot.
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the fact that he's a required party member quite often may have to do with that...

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahe he wears glasses.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And glasses are hot.

Also. He works well with a Ress. Rune.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Ressurection rune basically sucks in this game, unfortunately, ecaus ethere are other runes that can do its job better, and there are fewer undead monsters. Flowing runes are a lot more abundant in Suikoden V, which really kills the resurrection utility of the Ressurection rune, along with the Dawn Rune's 3rd level spell.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If there's a rune that would benefit from an upgraded version (like rage etc) then it's the resurrection rune, drop that first spell and add something better.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I been wanting a "reincarnation" or "Rivival" rune for a long while now. get a good spell for it's ultimatre and ditch that crap first one.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because he has fortune hunter and I like stacking it with Lorelai's, and right now they're the only 2 recruits I have with it?

But to be honest, I usually use characters I like. And I like Zweig. I don't really care which ones are the best; of course, in this game it is somewhat mute as thus far I really like everyone...

I find him more useful than Freed Y for now. At least he isn't sticking himself into my party when I have to fight the hardest boss in the game (...yet).

...I might use him more if he and Lorelai had a unite, though. I'll be honest and say between them, Zweig wins up in the support slot more.

...Lorelai, however, probably never will. <3

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He does have a unite attack with Lorelei... but its actually a 3-person unite so you need a third person for it to work. Who that third person is would be rather obvious to you Sophita :mrgreen:

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i use him for the reason most do; i like him. i have him set with a lightning rune (will switch to thunder at the first chance) which he seems to do well with.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

melange wrote:
He does have a unite attack with Lorelei... but its actually a 3-person unite so you need a third person for it to work. Who that third person is would be rather obvious to you Sophita :mrgreen:

!!! Does said person have really good taste in hats?

Because, if so: :grin:

I just have to get Said Fellow to Join Us already.

Zweig will be in the party more, then. Especially since I'm quite sure that man will also have the treasure hunting skill.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Slightly off topic... well maybe not. Do the Treasure Hunt skills stack? By having both Lorelai (who looks like Wonder Women) and Four Eyes in my group, do the skills stack?

I guess if I ever need to go hunt rune pieces or whatever, I should bring all with those skills?

At least Zweig is intelligent story wise and not such a dork like Freed Y. He also is M range which is nice. If anyone should be compared to Freed Y in this game it's Dinn. But Dinn's too much of a bad ass.... so I digress.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: