Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Random Lizardmen Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Random Lizardmen Questions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After playing through Suikoden 3 again recently, I came up with a few queries about Lizardmen.

When Dupa as the new Clan Chief speaks of the Flame Champion, Shiba doesn't know what he is talking about. Dupa then states that its probably because Shiba is from the south. Is this to say that there is another Lizard Clan within the Grasslands, or that there is another Lizard Clan far south from the Grasslands? And why are the lizards different colours? Does it have any significance the shade of green or yellow that a Lizard's scales are?

Sort of small insignificant stuff, but it interests me.

GD

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
mergle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm guessing the named lizards are different colors as an easier way for us humans to distinguish them from the unnamed lizards, and also the unnamed lizards are all the same colors because they didn't need much variety in random townslizards. ^^;

But speaking in terms of the world, and not the game... it could just be natural variation, or perhaps lizards' scales turn greener with age? The named lizards are probably older, since they all seem to be rather senior in rank.

Now, does Shiba paint his claws, or are they naturally red? ^_~
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ya, if you look at the geography map http://www.suikox.com/geo/map.html you will see the there is much land strecthing under the Grasslands, there is enough room for different kinds of Lizardmen. And if Shiba is not originally a Grasslander, then why would he care to know about Grassland History. This may also be why he has red claws. And the Orange Lizardmen might just be the same as Karayans, they all look alike, except for the important characters, this is the same as the old Dunan Mercs and Highland Soldiers, they all look alike. Konami does not have time to make each and every NPC you will run into, a unique looking character, that would take to long to do.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the same way there are alot of Kobold tribes across the land (well at least in Dunan and Toran) there will also be tribes of others races across the world.

St. Joe's family lived somewhere, but not in Duck Village. I could easily imagine there were clans of Lizard men on another nation or even another continent.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

And the Orange Lizardmen might just be the same as Karayans, they all look alike, except for the important characters, this is the same as the old Dunan Mercs and Highland Soldiers, they all look alike. Konami does not have time to make each and every NPC you will run into, a unique looking character, that would take to long to do.

I wasn't suggesting that they should make every lizard a different colour, I was considering that there was maybe some reason for their colouring, considering that your reasoning is flawed because there are different Karayan NPCs, some of the Lizardmen NPC even wear different clothing from one another, I doubt changing the skin would have been too much a task if they had reason to; as in maybe the colour has something to do with age as mergle suggested, or maybe importance in the clan.

I wouldn't be surprised that there were other places Lizards lived, I was just wondering more along the lines of where. I suppose the Southern area of the Grasslands would make sense, but it would be interesting if there were Lizard Clan's amongst other nations outside the Grasslands.

GD

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Such is the way in the world of Suikoden. Other places where people live are simply just directions and never really named. It could be South Grasslands, it could be a smaller, southern island where lizards live, it could be way way south on another nation, or it could be a few miles or so south where we just never see the other Lizard nation.

I imagine there probably are more lizard and duck villages around Grasslands, but we never see them. Much like the villages and forts in Highland we never see. I don't know where Shiba is, as most Grasslanders hardly know of the Flame Champion anyway, so I don't think that rules him out of being from another part of Grasslands, it's just the tale is probably told alot in the Great Hollow because of Zepon's participation in the first Fire Bringer war.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, sorry man. Well I guess none of us can really say until they make at least one more game with Lizardmen in it. But as far as I can say, maybe Orange means warrior class, and Green means political. But then that reasoning would be flaw because of Peggi. So maybe it was just to seperate the importance of the Star from the other NPC's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: