Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

R.I.P. Christopher Reeve.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. Christopher Reeve. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/11/obit.reeve.ap/index.ht ml

I don't know how many people here care about this, but for many, including me, he was a true hero, and a role model to us all.

My condolences to family and friends.

May he never be forgotten.

Please, if you guys care, wear a Superman pin for a while or put a Superman icon on your avas or sigs, or something like that. I know i am.

All the way to the edge of this world
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That truly is a loss, I greatly respected his movies especially the superman series. Overall it is probably for the best so he doesn't have to live the way he was, but a great man nonetheless.

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the last of the race has truly died now :<
my condolences

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't know what to say about the news, other than it saddens me that such a great man died so young. He truly was an inspiration, refusing to let such a dramatic change in his life affect the way he lived. He refused to succumb to his injury and accept that he would be a quadriplegic for the rest of his life. As sad as his death is, it's sad that after the progress he had made, he was never able to realize his vow of walking again.

When I think of Superman, I will always think of Christopher Reeve.

Alseid, I hope you don't mind, but I have copied the Superman logo to my own account and added it to my signature.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you could have just used the same link.

All the way to the edge of this world
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's quite a shock, and so sad. The worst part is, he was starting to regain a little control of his body again before he died. :cry: I have to admire his spirit, though. It takes a lot of will to be paralyzed so horribly and deside to continue fighting it.

His Superman movies were amoung the first I ever saw and had quite the influence on me. I haven't really seen them since toddlerhood, but I still remember him as Superman. I don't think anyone else will fill those tights better than he did.

Alseid, if you don't mind, I'm going to steal your superman icon, too.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aye it truley is a great loss. He will always be remembered
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

poor guy.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually can't find the words to say....

It's just such a tragedy.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I grew up watching him so he's had quite an impact when I was a kid. But when something like this happens, I just can't be prepared for it. Right now, it feels pretty surreal. Still though, he will be remembered forever.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, it is truly a sad thing to hear and although I didn't knew that he was Superman the first time I heard the news of his passing away I really got sad to hear that a man died while struggling for recovery from a horse accident that made him unable to move for the rest of his life.

Anyway, I don't really know what to say except that I will always remember you Superman.

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

now which celbrity is going to continue pushing for stem cell research? agh, this will set the progress made backwards unfortunatly. yeah, it's sad.
ShuTheLord

The Gale Knights

0 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah quite the tragedy. My mother woke me up the other day and told me good morning, Christopher Reeves died. I was like WHAT! HOW? It was crazy I was really sad, that man was quite the inspiration for many people worldwide. He was making so much progress, and the world is hurt by the loss of such a hero. He truly was a "superman"
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just saw the Superman movie on TV. It was a tribute to Christopher Reeves.

But on the topic, he didn't stop going into the entertainment industry even after he was paralyzed. He was in that remake of "Rear Window" and was also in that episoode of "The Practice". That's remarkable and worthy of praise.

I would ahve probably have been sitting on my butt turning into a vegtable at an exponential rate, instead of a gradual rate while still moving as of today :lol:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: