Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

some question about Grassland....

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CZF123

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: some question about Grassland.... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

actually is grassland base on african nation of the real world???
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*laughs*

Pretty straight answer from John Layfield, eh.

CZF123, I guess you should change the question into "What real world country is the Grasslands based upon," or something like that.

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why do people feel the need to find the "bases" of fictional nations? You can draw parallels between almost any Suikoden nation and almost any real-life area, so there isn't always one base. Obviously, some elements are taken from real-life subjects, but very rarely can those subjects be traced back to one source.

For example, the people of Grassland are in tune with natural spirits, so I could say they're based on Native Americans. But spirit-worship also existed in Africa, so I could postulate that Grassland is based there. Grassland could also theoretically be based on the Far East, for the same reasons. Should I continue? The point is that there is rarely one base.

This is especially true for the Grasslands. Grassland is an area inhabited by no less than three species and no less than six completely distinct cultures. There is no one "Grassland" culture.
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my opinion, Grassland is mix from all nomadic and tribal life in (maybe) all part of the world. KONAMI took the strongest part of each culture and mixed them up to what we know Suikoden's Grassland.

We cannot say that, let say Karaya Tribe based on one of the tribe in Africa due to their skin tone because their clothes is based on Traditional Bulgarian Costume.

You can see it here : http://www.suikox.com/geo/grasslands.php#grass
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: