Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Scenes? (spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got a question i know this is off topic but since this is about the scene i figure this is a good place to ask are the lip synches close to the way the words are said
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the Prince's dialogue choices, sometimes. At Limsleia's engagement party, Sialeeds tells the Prince not to look so depressed, and one of his replies is: "To hell with this farce!". I just found that hilarious.
I also enjoyed the village of Haud. Especially Zegai's reaction: "It is...an assault on my senses."
Another character I found amusing was Egbert Aethebald. With his constant freaking out, and shouting about " FILTHY Godwin DEVIL plots!", etc.

I'm really enjoying the whole game, so far. The story is turning out to be nothing like I imagined.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favourite Egbert quote is the "I SHALL STAB HIM IN THE FOREHEAD WITH MY FINGERNAIL! DIVINE RETRIBUTION!"

I like the conversation with the "seer", where you can ask him about Love, War and Money. I asked about love first and I thought 'hey maybe this guys for real' then I asked about war and was informed that due to my badluck I shouldn't be alive since runes should explode when I use them and I always get hit by arrows. In the words of the prince, "Dang..."

Whenever Dinn enters battle is pretty good too, once I figured out what he was doing.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MAJOR SPOILERS (highlight to read):
The best scene in the game so far for me was the truth about the Queen's death. When I first heard she died, I was sure it hadn't been Georg, and I absolutely hated the Godwins. Then, Miakis told us Georg really did kill Georg, and I got mad at him (I absolutely loved Arshtat, she's quickly become one of my favorite characters). Then, the whole truth was revealed.

I was absolutely blown away. The music was great, the scene was directed, animated, and voiced beautifully. And then, when the Queen actually died, I cried. And I don't just mean my eyes watered. I was sobbing with tears rolling down my cheeks, and I'm usually not very emotional. Well, this game just became one of my favorites :D...

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I just played this game since yesterday and it is awesome

For now I like the brother and sister reunion part
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jeanemon wrote:
I think everyone loved that scene with Jeane and the princess. Isn't that the first time any woman in the games comments on her outfit?

I missed that scene. :( I forgot to go back to the Rune shop. But Lim's reaction later was priceless.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a new favourite scene...and I apologize to Sophita in advance.

The scene is where Zweig just keeps firing insult after insult at Lorelai...ahh good times.
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The best scene in the game, for me, is one that the game punishes you for taking. Bah. It's totally going to be worth it next time I play through.

After choosing to draw the line at your castle and stop falling back, you fight a stalling campaign to buy time for evacuation. The enemy army outnumbers you about 3:1, and I managed to keep the enemy back with the same horrific casualties that Lucretia predicted. I took about 70% losses and Belcoot was killed when I had to throw his unit out as a sacrifice. A big loss, considering he's my main damage soaker.

Childerich calls you out for a duel, and the hero is about to go out to fight when the door guard says "Wait, if you're the prince, who was it that just left?"

You step out the door to see that Roy already went out to fight in your place, probably knowing they'd kill him. Still, he was willing to try. And did I ever beat the crap out of Childerich. Then the Armes soldiers pop him in the shoulder with a crossbow, and he turns around and somehow manages to keep up his Prince facade, talking about honor, despite that (in my view) he probably figured this would happen.

So they start shooting him, and he turns around and starts smacking away the arrows with his staff. And for a second, it seriously looks like he might survive.

Oops.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm used to "CODE" being a spoiler tag, from other forums.

Last edited by Stampede on Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahaha, wow--some of the bath scenes are hilarious. The one I just got with a certain two characters was just...wrong. *laughs*

Also I laughed at the Maximillion knights a lot....the few scenes i've seen them in were pretty funny (mainly the guy who keeps saying essentially the same thing about dumping people in rivers/oceans/creeks/bogs etc)
Jeanemon

23356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Jeanemon wrote:
I think everyone loved that scene with Jeane and the princess. Isn't that the first time any woman in the games comments on her outfit?

I missed that scene. :( I forgot to go back to the Rune shop. But Lim's reaction later was priceless.

You have to get it next playthrough. Holy crap. I don't think I've EVER laughed that hard in a Suikoden game before. I fell off of my bed and made my mom yell up at me. That hasn't happened since I broke my controller during Legend of Legaia.

Heh, the bath scenes are pretty good, expecially the one with Lun/Subala/Kisara.
Danny

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favorite Scenes? Lemme guess... every scenes where we can see the hero! :D He's soooooo cute... and so interesting... Well, you can make choices and that's like... awesome! Not like that lame Lazlo... Wee!! I love the hero!

Lollers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bewere guys, this post contains major spoilers. Read it at your own risk

Huu, I still havn't beat the game yet, but my fav scene so far was when you came to see Arshtat and Ferid's death (;___; I was loving you so much, daddy! I loved mom as well, of course). Not that I didn't expect something like that, but still it was an awsome scene, VERY touching it made me actually cry, and I'm proud of it!
Really, Ferid's smile was just SO sweet. And I started to cry when Arsthat became desperate. I feel sorry for poor Georg as well.
Really, that is the best scene EVER.
Aile

Dawnsblade Cavalry

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay, a new addition to the favorite scenes list!

SPOILERS -> When you choose to leave the castle and take up temporary residence in the Dwarf Camp, it's decided that you'll go to Gordius and try and determine what's keeping Commander Laden from mobilizing the Dragon Cavalry. Pretty cool on it's own, but the best scene?

Rahal dressing up like a woman to distract and get by the two Godwin guards. Oh my God, that was unbelievable. At first, i was like "Oh cool, they brought Rania in!" until i realized that something else was going on there, apart from the whole "no women allowed in Gordius" thing. I loved how neither Rahal nor Roog even had any real problems with it, either; Rahal was pleased to exercise all of his "skills" and his "great natural beauty" and Roog's whole "get that getup off already, it's disturbingly attractive" line sold it for me. Pure gold.
<- END SPOILERS.
fc_conn

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everything that everyone has posted so far, I agree with. Not only are there many funny and charming scenes, but many, many touching ones. I cried...a lot. :) What an unbelievable game. Thanks...
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Egbert, was awesome and a pretty sweet charater but my favorite scene is when...

Ferid goes BOOM!!!! I mean, What is NOT funny about that part? Please tell me. I couldn't stop laughing. I spent ours re-playing it in slow motions, and yelling BOOM!!!!

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: