Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Serious or playful?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeonMouko

Fierce Tigers

116367 Potch
419 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Serious or playful? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which do you prefer your character to be? Rather, which way do you choose to answer questions? I was thinking playful, but I'm not sure what the benefits are of being serious.

I wanted to get the guide to see what the benefits and negatives are of both, but my local Gamestop doesn't have any. -_-
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I enjoyed flirting with Lim, but then Lyon got mad so I decided to tone it down. ^^
HOTACTIONDAN

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i like to play serious at first then switch over to playful or fun just to see the way things change sometimes it cracks me up :mrgreen:
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can expect Lyon to get mad whenever you choose a choice that isn't particularly 'heroic'. But still its fun to watch...

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Skooboi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally like to be serious, as I don't like the scolding I get for kidding around.
HOTACTIONDAN

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

im not very far into the game but it seems to me that they are giving you pleanty of chances to answer things in either manor so far i love the game
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it depends what character I'm talking to, but mostly I make the Prince a stupid one. You know, always clueless and easily fooled.

Totally me... >_>

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Son of Liberty

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I make him look more realistic. Since some choices can let him show hesitation, it can make the main character dramatic and deep.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tend to go serious, but with a playful side at times, especially when Lymsleia is around. And does anyone else feel like they did a really good job with the "silent hero" model this time? It just seems like, for once, the whole concept worked and that you actually get to sculpt the main character's personality. Perhaps it's because of the frequency of the responses, or maybe it's the visual gestures the Prince makes, or maybe it's just the diversity of the choices. Probably it's a combination of the above, but the Prince just seems like a real person, instead of the piece of emotional cardboard that other silent heroes (cough*Lazlo*cough) often turn out to be.
Aile

Dawnsblade Cavalry

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Both. I like to mix it up on occasion, though i suppose i mostly just make choices according to how i personally might if i were in the Prince's position. Usually playful and stuff when it was around Lym or whomever, serious before battles or big decisions (or really, any other moment running high on the "emotional" scale").

And Camus, i completely agree; it added a whole other dimension to the game, made the choices much more than just a press of the directional pad and the X button. Being able to see the Prince's (and everyone's, really) reactions to the choices made actually made it feel much more important, much more personal.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I pick whatever I feel like picking. I don't try to play the Prince as one type of character or another. Rather, I'll just pick the option I would were I in the situation. Sometimes I'm scolded, sometimes not... I think next time I'll go hit on everyone and be an asshole.

I agree with others; the reaction to your responses makes it seem like what you say actually matters.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: