Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Scenes? (spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Favorite Scenes? (spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden V seems to be blessed with mostly good writing, and I think that shows in a lot of scenes. And since I'm only a few hours in and have already seen a lot of them, I figured I'd create a topic where we can share our favorites thus far. :D

I think my personal favorite thus far is going into the rune shop with Princess Lym and seeing her react to everyone's favorite rune propriater's clothing. The hussy hissyfit was just incredible. Hilarious.

I also think the take-over of Sol-Falena was well done. And not just because Killey was in it. :D I think they did a good job showing how it went south, and the emotions shown when the group learned Arshtat and Ferid were no longer around were very touching. And Alicia and the other pro-Godwin Queen's Knight were really creepy, which is a plus.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm.. as I've played through the whole game already its kinda hard to post in this topic without possibly spoiling it for the people still playing... so keeping it to as far as you've gone in the game...

Depending on your choice you can have Lym asking Lyon for her sword to 'punish' her brother which was so funny.
Sialeeds reaction to meeting Jeane is hilarious too, so was Lyon asking the Prince "not to look!"
Lym's reaction to the Prince winning his match made me chuckle...
Lym's other hissy-fit when Haswal hugs the Prince.
The bumbling father-daughter duo of Logg and Lun at Lunas.
Anything Miakis says (I really would like to know how her thought processes work).

The really great scenes are still to come!

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eurum's picture of Lim right across from his bed. Disgusting, revolting, and hilarious at the same time.
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Eurum's picture of Lim right across from his bed. Disgusting, revolting, and hilarious at the same time.

Heh.. I wished I had the option of saying, "You sicko! Stay away from my sister!" when I saw that.

bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with the scene when they first meet Jeane and also the one after the prince wins the ceremonial fight and Miakis lies to Lim so she's freaking out. Both LOL moments.

Also most scenes with the Barrows family are funny...the first meeting with them in the senate had me chuckling.

And scenes involving random characters (men) oogling over Miakis and other hot babes...these scenes seem to be pretty frequent. Esp. w/ Kyle.
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

bbsting120 wrote:
And scenes involving random characters (men) oogling over Miakis and other hot babes...these scenes seem to be pretty frequent. Esp. w/ Kyle.

Lyon appears to get 'hit on' pretty frequently... :wink:

bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Err I meant Lyon, not Miakis!
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Learning more about Morgan and what happend to him.

Freeing Killey at Agate prison. He just seems so much cooler after that scene.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Killey calling Zweig "four eyes"

Most things Kyle says - ie. Telling nobles to dance, commenting on how thick walls means he doesn't have to worry how much noise he makes and telling the prince he dissapointed men everywhere because he didn't sneek a peek. :P

The whole Jeane scene.

The Killey getting out of jail scene.
red stuff

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Flare/Brandeau puppet scene.

Chisato why won't you let me recruit you :(
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved the scene with Cornelio. He's awesome. MEDIOCRITY!

Also, meeting Killey was great. What a badass.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So far mine are the ones with the Queen's Knights arguing , Kyle and Alenia

LOL And that scenes with Salum and Euram was hilarious, any scene with Euram makes me laugh!!
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MAJOR spoilers (highlight)

When you fight out Barow's stole the Dawn rune....holy shit
Jeanemon

23356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think everyone loved that scene with Jeane and the princess. Isn't that the first time any woman in the games comments on her outfit?

During Stormwing, and right after you return- First, the scene where the Queen nearly fries the town. I liked her motives. It wasn't because anyone had directly betrayed her. She saw Godwin's behavior as an insult to her family that had to be destroyed. Not for herself; for her children. But it was her family's love that brought her back from the power of the run.

Then scene where the queen runs after the prince to give him a hug. Even though the prince isn't her sucessor or anything, she still loves him. I hadn't planned on liking the queen, what with her origonal apperance. But with the way she developed, I found myself not wanting to get a rune or start up an army, because she was a good queen. I didn't want the Prince to have to fight against her.

Any scene with Kyle is good, expecially when you take him to recruit Jeane. Poor little man, don't feel bad. No one scores with that hussy.

When you go to meet Skald: Okay, call me a moron. I liked four. Okay, I liked Lino and Kika a lot more than I should have. So, to get back in the Island nations, and find out that's where Ferid was, tickled me pink. Skald was funny, and they even have a ship named after Lino! Ol' man would be proud. 'The leaders of Obel tend to have a reckless streak...'

The battle in the very fortified town (can't remember the name) When you fight the duel with Miakis. Afterwords, she just keeps asking where that little boy went. I think that she wanted to see the prince just as she left him. She needed something to hang onto with loosing everything else in her life. At least the prince offered her a bit of comfort.

Also, I adore any scene where the Prince's face changes expressions. It makes me adore the silent hero even more. He's not really silent anymore, because he can let a lot be seen with his emotions. Every time Arshtat would come onto the screen, I would find myself unable to stop looking at her lips. I mean, I can understand looking at Jeane's jigglies, but at the queen's lips? They just moved really well.
Aile

Dawnsblade Cavalry

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All the scenes mentioned so far were great!

SPOILERS START HERE -> Most of my favorite scenes seemed to be sad ones. For example:

If you choose to stay and defend your headquarters, and Roy goes out to duel Childerach. The actual duel to begin with was pretty intense, as i had no idea if it would be one of those "Pahn vs. Teo" deals where he'd decimate you thanks to being lax in keeping his levels up (or at least, that's what happened in my case!). And then that first bolt in the shoulder, it's just like "oh, this can't be...". The next one in the chest was a major blow, but when he gets completely pincushioned? That made my jaw drop. I thought it was all just very well done.

Next? Another duel, this time with Miakis. Really, it was just that embrace after you win. I guess it might just be due to the main character having some semblance of life or personality this time around, but i found myself enjoying any scene where he really showed emotion, and that hug for me really struck a chord, i guess.

Finally, i though the scene when Galleon was explaining to the Prince and Miakis the truth behind Georg's "murder" of the Queen. I can admit that i'm a huge Georg fanboy, so seeing him in full "Deathblow Georg" action scores that whole scene a pretty healthy amount of points in my book.
<- SPOILER END.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: