Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Play gave Suikoden V an 8/10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Play gave Suikoden V an 8/10 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I just got my latest issue of Play magazine (great mag btw especialy for us old Gamefan lovers).

They gave Suikoden V an 8/10, saying it is the "return" of the series, and is very good but has some problems, namely that the battles are too easy!?! Bizzare seeing as how I have heard they are harder than ever.

Also there was no mention of bad loading times... Perhaps Konami of America improved them before the American release? One can dream.

Well for the record, most Suikoden games are easy. As long as it's not stupidly dumbed down like IV, it won't be a problem. And most of the importers have said it's harder than most Suikoden's, so I don't know what to make of that.

Anyone have the review?
Wolf Parade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey Himuro, I was the one who posted that message on Gamefaqs. Here is more of the review, inparticular the flaws but also the glowingly positive closing paragraph.

".. Of course every game has its failings, and the list should be familiar to Suikoden fans: the graphics are weak, the music is hit-or-miss, and the game is exceptionally easy (by which I mean you'll probably never die, collecting the 108 stars to get the best ending is a significant challenge.) And while the story is exceptional, the finale fizzles a bit, failing to provide satisfactory explanations for late game plot-twists."

"Suikoden V has all the familiar flaws, but never have the strengths come together as tightly as they do here. This doesn't feel like the usual bi-yearly Suikoden release, but the magnum opus of a sesaoned team that has learned from recent mistakes and returned to their series with more energy and inspiration than ever before".

So it seems like the guy really loved it, but his comments about the "usual" Sukoden problems make me think this guy isn't really a fan as he claims to be; any Suikoden fan knows the music is usually incredible and at the worst memorable (maybe except 4). Still, nice review.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i think that perhaps since the game has been worked with for a long time maybe before Suikoden IV maybe at the same time but anyway maybe they just took the same thing just got the voices in changed voices and made text ENglish and then changed the loading time and then the changes may have decreased the times,
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fc_conn

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dood dood, I posted my scan back in Leb's review post. Here ya go:

http://conn.slightlydark.com/sv.jpg
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you fc_conn. I didn't see that. But it's nice to know it isn't such a bad game...

mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is definently the return for Suikoden from all of these i only saw one bad review and that was because the son of a..... excuse me the person hated the series just from passion.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Heroic Knight 3211

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think the game is great but the party battles are to easy and they shoulded had made the war battles 2-D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: