Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V Promotion Competition At Harmonia-Online *Prizes*

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

Potch
Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Suikoden V Promotion Competition At Harmonia-Online *Prizes* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this was posted by the admin/owner edge over at harmonia-online.net. since he said it was ok for people from suikox and suikosource to participate is fine, i thought i would tell you to help advertise the place again. if you are interested make sure to read the rules and sign up here. and edge just told me you are not obligated to become a full time member either. it just makes it easier if you have any questions about this.

http://www.harmonia-online.net/forum/index.php

here is the actual post of it on harmonia-online.

http://www.harmonia-online.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=24872#pos t24872

Quote:
This is a spinoff of a competition I've wanted to do for several years. Basically the competition is promoting Suikoden V. Most of us agree that Suikoden fans are gained by learning about it from other gamers so we're going to do just that. Hell, Konami of North America doesn't seem to know how to advertise so I figure we should give it a try and atleast spread the gospel of Suikoden across the internet.

The winner of this competition will receive a brand new strategy guide for Suikoden V if they don't already have it, or any other strategy guide under $20. KH2 comes out next week so maybe you can get that instead. I will ship it to you at no charge if you live within the continental US. If not then you'll have to pay for shipping There will also be a possiblity for members to win a copy of Suikoden V, or they can't wait to redeem their copy of the next Suikoden game when it gets released.

Here is the competition:

Go around to different gaming and RPG forums and post a new thread about Suikoden V and tell a little about the game. Provide links to pics or videos, etc... After that is done you need to convince people to consider buying the game or atleast looking into the series. You don't have to mention you're from HO or even that you're in a competition unless you want to. Just be yourself and talk about what you know best... Suikoden!

After the two week promotion term is up, each contestant will provide links to the forums they joined to serve as proof of their promoting. I will look at each link and tally up how many people were interested or said they would buy the game. The winner of the competition will be the person who is able to convince the most people into buying the game or looking into buying the game. If someone is able to get a boatload of people to look into the series or buy SV, then they will receive either SV or the next Suikoden game.

Here are a few stipulations:

1. You must have atleast 100 meaningful posts here or at another reputable Suikoden discussion forum.

2. You can't break any forum rules at the forums you promote at.

3. You can't promote at a forum that another HO member is promoting at.

5. Don't annoy people at the other forums. If they aren't interested that's fine too.

6. You must try to get someone else here at HO to sign up for this competition.

With that being said. Please sign up if you're interested. And please tell people about this competition. If you have friends over the SuikoSource, Suikox or any other Suikoden discussion forum tell them to get in on this.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Aurelien

Potch
Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well as much as I would like to help, I don't know all that much about Suikoden V and I don't even own PS2 -__-;; so yeah, I'm sorry, can't participate in this one hehe. It's a really good idea though.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Buff

Venus Doom

Potch
Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you really don't have to know much about suikoden 5. if you know how to advertise stuff really well it would help out a lot. i limited myself to only know some characters from 5 and that's all. so i don't know much either.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Magus

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For anyone else who doesn't know a whole lot about Suikoden V. They can always provide a basic plot synopsis, or if they get asked a question they don't know the answer to, they can just ask someone at the forums then report that answer back to the forum you're promoting at.

If that doesn't work, you can always just promote the series as a whole.

-Edge

Win A Free Suikoden Game or Strategy Guide at Harmonia Online
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: