Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Chastized for my avatar

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is my avatar annoying?
Yes
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
No
78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 14

Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Chastized for my avatar Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am putting this up in regards to a response on another board that my avatar is really annoying. Now I know this has nothing to do with they things are on this board, but I feel that I could get a better response here then any other site. Now please look left. That person moving back and forth is Mai Shiranui from the Fatal Fury series of fighting games, and this is her fighting stance. This is the same avatar I have been getting grief about. So I ask a simple question. Is the avatar annoying? Because if it really is. I'll find a new one.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's really not annoying to me. What is supposed to be annoying about it? The moving back and forth? At most, it's a mild distraction. Actually, your signature person with the swinging chain is considerably more distracting.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can understand why it would be considered distracting by others and it really comes down to if the administration on the board found it distracting. Obviously, they did.

On a personal level, I don't find it distracting really. My eyes tend to focus exclusively on what I'm reading rather than being drawn to animations and bright colours so I have no complaints.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It really doesn't bother me at all. Maybe they had issues not with the fact that it moves, but because of her boobs. My sister finds Mai's boobs offensive (I have no idea why), and it seems to be the way with a few other females that I know.

Maybe boob bounce~age annoys some people.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't like the boobie bounce because it's unrealistic and hypersexuality for the sake of hypersexuality and I find that offensive.

But that said, I have no problems with your choice of avatar. It loads fast, and it's not distracting.

Honestly, I think it comes down to the administrator's tastes; if they don't like it, feel free to change it there, but I doubt you'll need to change it here.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally find it quite annoying, but that's just me because I don't quite enjoy animated avatar/banner. So I can understand if it's seen as distracting or annoying. But the point that less annoys me is that it has quite minimal movement and at a reasonable speed of animation. It would be much worse if the animation is quicker or much more movement going on and stuff.

But if the problem is the image itself (woman in minimal clothing), then there's nothing you can do about it but change it to suit what the administration wants.

And while we're in the topic about you, the image on your banner is exceeding the limit. Your banner's height is 224 pixels while the limit is 200 pixels. So please change it accordingly.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love Mai Shiranui. I didn't use her in the game that much; I couldn't pull off any good combos with her.

Anyway, to answer your question: Hell naw. Your avatar is off the chain.

^ Shout out to John Layfield. Thanks for the sig, homes.

Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not in the slightest. I'm probably just more used to seeing it than anyone else considering how much we respond to each other, but I don't even notice it exists anymore. Most avatars are simply points of recognition for me, I don't neccesarilly even realize what they are, I just remember the pattern, and because they stand out more than usernames I find them to be a useful tool in knowing who the author of a post is.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to mention, the avatar only appears once per page, which reduces the amount of boobie-bouncing images that are thrown in your face.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm of the same mind as Scarlet: I hardly realize what half the avatars I actually see are, I just recognize them for whoever they represent. Now that you mention it, your avatar doesn't really bother me at all. It's a sprite, not an actual person and the animation isn't glitchy or anything like that. But like everyone else here, I can see why someone might consider it offensive/annoying.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i have no problem with your avatar, looks good to me 8-)

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: