Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Error in Pre-Order Bonus Artbook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So if they're sticking with Moon Rune and Pale Gate Rune, both from Suikoden III, I'm guessing the official spelling of Sindar/Cyndar will be Cyndar. Well, we'll just have to wait and see I guess!

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alkazar wrote:
On the other hand, at least they're sticking with the translation on the Pale Gate now that they've made it once. Seems like the Suikoden III translations are holding as more official over those in II now. Still amusing considering it's clearly "Aoi Mon no Monshou", but still Pale Gate isn't the worst name in the world.

One of the dictionaries interpreted the word "aoi" as blue, pale, inexperienced, etc", so I find the choice of Pale Gate to be rather justified. Even if blue is the more sensible literal translation.

Also, thank you for confirming the official name for the Moon Rune.
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
Alkazar wrote:
On the other hand, at least they're sticking with the translation on the Pale Gate now that they've made it once. Seems like the Suikoden III translations are holding as more official over those in II now. Still amusing considering it's clearly "Aoi Mon no Monshou", but still Pale Gate isn't the worst name in the world.

One of the dictionaries interpreted the word "aoi" as blue, pale, inexperienced, etc", so I find the choice of Pale Gate to be rather justified. Even if blue is the more sensible literal translation.

Also, thank you for confirming the official name for the Moon Rune.

Heh - neither of my dictionaries lists "pale" under the meaning of "aoi", but I did look it up under a third source and, indeed, you're correct. So, I take back what I said about Pale Gate being incorrect. Taken in that light, it 'pales' (doesn't match the power) in comparison to the actual Gate Rune, so the name is very fitting - it's a weaker form of the Gate Rune. Hadn't though about it in that light until I saw pale and inexperienced side by side.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: