Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

18th Commonwealth Games - Melbourne 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
eXistence of Fly wrote:
Bah who can tell i dont watch soccer much :P At least i wasnt too far off the mark ^_^

Oh dear. XD

look theres a U, E, A in both names whatcha talking about :P I havent done geography in 6 years give me a break >_<

Black Pesmerga wrote:
I beg to differ. On the last Olympics in Athens, Australian female swimmers got a total of 4 gold medals out of 16 competed for women's swimming events. Yes, that's the most out of a single nation, but USA was close behind with 3 gold medals while Ukraine had 2 gold medals. Then Japan, Netherland, France, China, Poland, Zimbabwe, and Romania with 1 gold medal each. As you can see, out of the 12 gold medal lost by the Australian women, none was won by a Commonwealth nation.

True, but if you re read what i said i stated the best times that have been recorded by individuals, then if theoiretically those same people performed at their peak in the swimming more often then not in the women you see an Australian as the world record holder. Performance is base dpurely on the day and subject to far too many variables to speculate. And considering i think about 2-3 world records have been broken at the Commonwealth Games, the point was then that if Commonwealth Nations are breaking them its not much less of a spectacle.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eXistence of Fly wrote:
look theres a U, E, A in both names whatcha talking about :P I havent done geography in 6 years give me a break >_<

Seems like you haven't done reading either. Mwahahaha. There's no E in Uruguay and Portugal. Maybe you meant R!!!! heheheheh

eXistence of Fly wrote:
And considering i think about 2-3 world records have been broken at the Commonwealth Games, the point was then that if Commonwealth Nations are breaking them its not much less of a spectacle.

It's not much less of a spectacle from the point of view of the person's supporters. But from a neutral spectator's point of view, it's much less of a spectacle if someone is breaking the world record when the second position is a full second behind rather than the more dramatic 0.05 second that could be offered by a non-Commonwealth swimmer.

And I'm not sure if there's any swimming world record being broken in this year's Commonwealth Games yet. I know there are plenty of new Commonwealth Games record being broken in swimming, but I haven't seen any world record's yet. But then again, I might have missed it if any.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Black Pesmerga"]
Seems like you haven't done reading either. Mwahahaha. There's no E in Uruguay and Portugal. Maybe you meant R!!!! heheheheh
Quote:

Sshhhh its a typo, theres nothing to see here move along :P

[quote="Black Pesmerga"]It's not much less of a spectacle from the point of view of the person's supporters. But from a neutral spectator's point of view, it's much less of a spectacle if someone is breaking the world record when the second position is a full second behind rather than the more dramatic 0.05 second that could be offered by a non-Commonwealth swimmer.

And I'm not sure if there's any swimming world record being broken in this year's Commonwealth Games yet. I know there are plenty of new Commonwealth Games record being broken in swimming, but I haven't seen any world record's yet. But then again, I might have missed it if any.

bah i cant find any and im not about to scour each event to see if someone broke one or not thats take forever >_<

Taking a point though from you. 1500 freestyle for men was usually won by Perkins of Australia, then Hackett in a time where they could pretty much lap the field at the olympics. Thats more then a 1 second gap and eventually blows out to 30 seconds, does that make it less of a spectacle becaus eits enduraced based rather then say the 50m freestyle where top 8 are all within 2 seconds of each other?

Yeah to people its easier to watch as its quicker and frantic but does simply the times recorded make it so that the 50m is 'better' then the 1500 merely because of the finishing times?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: