Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

English version of the 10 minute trailer!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taleria

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Miakis is 22, I believe.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think people will ever be satisfied with VG voice acting. I've heard it praised maybe twice, and that was for the same game. You can't expect award-winning performances every time, and it rarely is that bad. From what I've heard, this sounds great.

There were some voices that were much worse than the Japanese versions, some I thought were better (like the Queen's and Zerase's), but most of them were right now par. At least they have the actor who did Kyril's voice doing someone who looks like the age he sounds like. That voicing was a joke for a 17ish year old.

There were a few places where the voicing seemed to get off from the mouth movement, but it seems like they just voiced over the original movie, so I'm sure it will be more coordinated in the game. That scene where Ferid says "Mmmm, you're looking well m'boy" has me worried though, it still has the glitchy sound when he says Mmm (which ends up sounding like Mmmhmm, but really fast).

And the script sounds perfect, and excellent translation. There were only a few spots that bugged me (like when they said super-fast, referring to the dragonhorses). Then again, I loved some parts of it (like when the Queen shouts out "Back off mortal!"). This only builds up may anticipation more!

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now i find it hard to believe that Miakis is 22 she doesn't look or act like a 22 year old would. But then again the way i think a 22 year old acts is more like the way we do it. Did she not hit a certain stage in her life or something?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Taleria

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, whether you believe it or not, Miakis is indeed 22 years old.

Whats hilarious is that Georg Prime is only 29 years old.
Loner Prime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Am I the only one thinking that Sialeeds's voice is really sexy? I like her accent.

Last edited by Loner Prime on Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm satisfied with a lot of VG voice acting, but that doesn't mean I can't think the acting in these games border on cheesy.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LOL I cant believe how many people posted already, its getting me even more giddy, my money just came today and all I have to do is..wait, just 3 mnore days until Suikoden V comes out!!
Dr. Chaos

13694 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I look forward to hearing what the beavers sound like.

I'm praying for nonthing high pitched, something a lil more on the low tone goofy side.
fc_conn

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Loner Prime wrote:
Am I the only one thinking that Sialeeds's voice is really sexy? I like her accent.

Nope! Me too!
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What is so funny about georg being 29 is it to old for him to be or to young or something?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eightfold

EightAegis

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The music that plays about 70% into the trailer. Will it be inside the game? Or just for trailer purposes.

Nice music, i find myself replaying the video for that music ^^;.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's in the game.
Greenoblivion

Oblivion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked most of the voices except for Toma's voice.......ive played like 8 games with that same voice in it everytime i hear it , it reminds me of the game MUSASHI for the PS1 and it drives me crazy! ok well other than him the voice acting is really good
The Red King-Alice in wonderland
Budgie-Barbequing Hamlet
Ken-Her Majesty Miss Jones
Mr.Gibbs-Arsenic and Old lace
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm the more i hear the vocies they tend to fit their character better.
Viewtiful Mukumuku

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Voices sound pretty good over here... Ferid's bugged me a little bit, but otherwise I liked them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: