Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

English version of the 10 minute trailer!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: English version of the 10 minute trailer! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was on YouTube.com just now and I happened across this... it's the 10 min trailer from the offical Japanese site... but in English! Apparently it was included in the LE Suikoden V DVD.

Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-n7B6BZEImM

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cool. The voices aren't that bad.. I've expected very dumb ones..
I can't wait for the english version hehehe
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

The voices aren't that bad.. I've expected very dumb ones..

Were you watching the same trailer I was?
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's your Problem? Sure that aren't the best voices in a video game..But they're a lot better as the Suiko 4 voices..that were stupid..

I mean..the queens voice in suiko5..i think it fits her perfect

It also could be that i'm not the right one to ask if that are good english voices..i'm from germany..
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Better than 4? Dude, it's the same voices they used there. That monologue towards the end is Glen Cott's voice for god's sake.

And yeah, what could possibly be wrong with "Our first priority............ is to SEEEEEE her majesty."

Last edited by Raww Le Klueze on Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
fc_conn

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright, new English trailer, time for more people to whine and moan about how bad the voices are!

No offense, but seriously, now. The acting is fine. You won't see any of this on audioatrocities.com or anything. The translation, aside from the goofy 'super-fast dragons' part, is quite similar to Sars' own translation. That's a good thing.

Edit: You're correct - Glen's Sui IV actor is Marscarl (or whatever his English name is.) Kind of odd...but he's a good actor.

I don't have a problem with any of the other voices so far.

Last edited by fc_conn on Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And voila, time for more people to whine about people whining.

Offense, but your opinion isn't worth more than anyone else's.
fc_conn

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hah! Ok, I'm done. I knew there was a reason I hardly ever post. People here get pissed way too easily.

I never said my opinion was worth more than anyone else's.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The acting is indeed fine. I really Like everyone's voice. Especially Arhstat. Some of the words that were changed see a tad akward, but others seem poerfectly fine. I loved the "Back Off, Mortal!" line. I swear, every friggin time I come into the Suikoden V forum I just get more and more eager for the game's release. Which good!

The lip synch seems a bit off though, but I deal with Anime fine enough. The only part that really bugged with Rog(?)'s line about how they can get closer. The lip synch was attrocious right there. But yeah, overall It's looking fine. I have yet to understand why people can complain. I'm loving whgat I hear. The voices all seem to match perfectly well with the characters if you ask me. So there.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
SnowKing

INF Medic Magicians

306 Potch
0 Soldiers
2350 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I won't say the voices are perfect, but personally I think think they're generally very good. I'll get used to them rather quickly I imagine, and complaining won't fix the ones I don't like so I'll leave it at that. Stupid Konami Europe... I want the game now!! :x

SK

"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
And voila, time for more people to whine about people whining.

Offense, but your opinion isn't worth more than anyone else's.

Err, I wouldn't normally need to comment in a thread like this, but I have to say you're pretty quick to anger. fc_conn, was just sharing his opinion, that's what you do in a discussion forum. I'll restrain myself from going farther to try to keep on topic-- but seriously, chill out.

As for the dubbing, I would have to agree that it does sound better then Suikoden IV. Just because they share a few voice actors doesn't mean they couldn't perform better this time around. Also, I was pretty pleased with the voice of the Queen, Sialdees (sp? I've been trying to keep away from spoiler threads, so I'm not 100% on the ways to spell the characters' names. ^^), and the prince's bodyguard. I haven't really heard enough of the voice acting to pass judgement yet, but things do seem to be heading in a pretty good direction.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the voices very much most of them all seem very familar especcialy i think his name is Tomo the one that is getting attacked by the animals we see in the trailers Sounds most familar.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr. Chaos

13694 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
But they're a lot better as the Suiko 4 voices

Considering how I enjoyed the voice acting in Suikoden 4, I guess I'm in for a treat.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the voices in IV were fine. They were average. They weren't bad but they weren't great either.
Gunloc

19976 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the voice acting sounds fine. Some voices are better than other but they are all acceptable.

The thing I am most pleased about is that the voice acting actually has emotion! The problem with many North American games with voice acting is that the acting is very subdued and lifeless. But if the trailer is any indication, the voiceovers will actually contain proper emotion and direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: