Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

One Piece is the Cool
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

any one else still watching this series. it has gotten a whole lot better since the begining. truly is a great show. :mrgreen:

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One Piece is simply awesome. I love the realistic story and plotline. Luffy is simply hilarious being made of rubber and eating anything that's edible. Zolo and Sanji simply kick ass.

Sanji reminds me of Miroku. Always trying to get the ladies. Zolo reminds me of Kenshin with his awesome sword skill. He rocks. My favorite character though is definetly Nami. She's hot,she's funny and she can kick some major ass. Not a girl to mess with.
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nami does kick the butts.

The action in One Piece has been really picking up lately. I hate having to wait for the new chapters to come to find out what is going to happen next. I think I'll take a break from reading it for a few months and then read a whole bunch at once.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i find luffy's brother to be a kick ass character. he has the flame flame cursed fruit, which i find to be the coolest one 8-) . but ya nami is a great character, she's hot, she can kick ass, she's a master thief and she can tell when a storm is going to come when it's not even there yet. but i find zolo to be my favorite character just cause he's like a smaurai and his sword techniques are just awesome.

Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh no! This thread has easten the Suiko Suiko fruit, which give it special powers. But it's been abandoned at sea for the past two months! i'll save you.

So, I was reading One Piece. When i was reading the first chapter of the manga, i was thinking "Pirates??? double-u tee eff (WTF)!" But i know never to make a judgement from the first chapter or episode of anythingy. I kept on reading it, and i love it. I love One Piece!

What i love about it is the deep background and complex issues that each main character has. Alot of it is sad, but they're funny as hell. I have read currently only 220 chapters or so, after the Alabasta arc. And there are currently over 400 chapters to read, so i had a hunch that one Piece was going to be a good read!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to watch the show all the time on Fox when it first came out, now I watch it on Cartoon Network, the latest eposide I've seen was when...

*spoilers*
Luffy and Pals are in the dessert, and the strom is getting to everyone heads. Then a lot of crap happens, evtually, Luffy and Co. find a giant monster, beat 'em, then eat 'em. At the end Chomper, finds out that the camel that Luffy saved from some weird worm, was an old aquintance of his, then my memory gets fuzzy
*end spoilers*

Oh crap, I think I missed another eposide that's on now, oh well, I think it's a repeat! :D

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that was the latest new episode that was played on toonami this past saturday jorge. i'm just glad there finally back to playing new episodes since they haven't for the past mont and a half. curse that month of miazaki.

Yontory

9094 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im a big fan of One Piece. My favourite character is Usopp. In fact, Usopp is my most favourite character ever! It's design is unique, and so his personality. There's only one Usopp in manga history.

I think Oda's artworks are awesome. The way he used unique angles are great! It's dificult to draw something from a very variative angles.

31st H.R. Regiment: The 31st Wrecking Crew

9905 Potch
0 Soldiers
5035 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was introduced to the show when it made the jump to Cartoon Network. I didn't find the beginning that annoying but I do agree that it has gotten a lot better since the start. It's also nice that it's come off hiatus and Cartoon Network has put it back on their Saturday night lineup.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yontory wrote:
Im a big fan of One Piece. My favourite character is Usopp. In fact, Usopp is my most favourite character ever! It's design is unique, and so his personality. There's only one Usopp in manga history.

I think Oda's artworks are awesome. The way he used unique angles are great! It's dificult to draw something from a very variative angles.

usopp is a interesting choice, hell he's just an interesting character period. it is funny when he tried to act brave but you always see him shaking and when he gives workds of wisdom and sounds brave, later on he'll be scared. but when he actual does fight he does well with his sling shot.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I like the dubbed intro song...

And you are a terrible person because of that.

I was watching the Subbed version, but stopped in the middle of the arc where there's that dragon thing and a little girl. I just can't sit through that, even for the later episodes.

From what I can tell so far, even exaggerating its later episodes to greatness it probably never reaches, this only falls around 5th or 6th on my list.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Quote:
I like the dubbed intro song...

And you are a terrible person because of that.

how does that make them a terrible person? it's just called preference. i have the japanese and english songs and i still perfer the dubed over the original, just cause it's what i perfer.

Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uh, there is no need to get worked up over a light-hearted joke comment like that, Buff. It's not like he called names with explicitly abusive words...

One Piece... I love how Eiichiro Oda managed to make his characters sad without being angsty, and make them cry without being overly emotional.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scrooge McDuck wrote:
Uh, there is no need to get worked up over a light-hearted joke comment like that, Buff. It's not like he called names with explicitly abusive words...

lol i wasn't worked up dude. i just don't see how that would of made him a terrible person. if it does then i'm a totally terrible person since i like it :mrgreen:

Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
Yontory wrote:

usopp is a interesting choice, hell he's just an interesting character period. it is funny when he tried to act brave but you always see him shaking and when he gives workds of wisdom and sounds brave, later on he'll be scared. but when he actual does fight he does well with his sling shot.

Yontory's right on that one. Usopp is probably the most unique character there is.

I have a feeling that Oda has a bit of trouble drawing women. I mean, look at Nami, Vivi and Nico Robin. Their faces look very similar. Could it be that as far a cute girls go, he can only draw one artwrok for women? Other than Fat Alvida and Ms. Merry Christmas.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: