Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Horizens

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: New Horizens Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i got this off another forum i'm on.

Launched on January 19, the New Horizons spacecraft will be the first ever mission study Pluto in detail. Currently almost nothing is known about Pluto except for its relative size, temperature, and the fact that it has three moons. It is currently traveling at around 23 miles per second and within a few weeks it will pass my Mars' orbit and will finaly make it to Pluto in slightly over 9 years.

NewHorizons Website

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*blinks repeatedly* You're going to bring this back up in nine years and remind us of this, right Buff? I have to admit I'm intrigued by space exploration, but it takes a fat lot more patience than I have. I know they're not going to launch the craft and forget about it until it nears Pluto. They'll be relaying signals to it and collecting data the entire time, but nine years waiting for the real prize, and all the potential disasters that might bring their plans to ruination....I'd die of anxiety. It certainly took them long enough to decide to study Pluto. Well, cheers and good luck to them. I'll check back in nine years...if I remember that is.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ya right, me remember this in 9 years. give me a couple of weeks and i'll forget about it, unless people post in this. but it is interesting that they are finally checking out pluto. but dam why does it have to take 9 years.

Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know. The spacecraft is fat and it's stopping over in Saturn for twinkies? You'd think they'd be faster by now. What's so great about Pluto anyway? Shouldn't that money be put to better use doing more research on Mars in case we need to escape there or something?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Phamex wrote:
I don't know. The spacecraft is fat and it's stopping over in Saturn for twinkies? You'd think they'd be faster by now. What's so great about Pluto anyway? Shouldn't that money be put to better use doing more research on Mars in case we need to escape there or something?

Why not explore Pluto? It's the only "planet" in the Solar System that has not had a spacecraft built specifically for the purpose of exploring it. Every other picture of Pluto was taken from a few million miles away.

With the new objects being discovered in the Kuiper belt, we may as well take some time to explore the one that we've known about for a half-decade.

Besides, for Mars, we have all of this to look at.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wonder when they'll actually send a team to explore mars.

Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think there's been talk about another manned mission to the moon. However, I don't think it'll actually happen for a while, especially with the problems with the space shuttles recently.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

About God Damned Time. Considering they've cancelled Pluto probes before (We could have known this by now if they hadn't cancelled Pluto Express!), I wasn't holding my breath on this one. I'm so glad, though; considering we know so little about it and the best pictures we've gotten from it so far are from the Hubble, I think. (And even those aren't very good - This is the best, I think. It's a word lacking a bunch of information.

I'm shocked a the lack of news attention on this. People were all over Mars like a hot potatoe, and for this, seems there's been next to nada.

As a Scorpio, though, I'm kind of excited both of my birth planets are in vogue right now. :D

Pluto is my absolute favorite planet. <3 I can't wait to find out about it, and I'm excessively annoyed that the only topic that comes up about it is "Well it's not really a planet." (Yes, it is considered to be so. And considering there's, AFAIK, no standard definition on what a planet is, I see no reason for it to lose that status.)

It's weird to think I won't know more about Pluto until I'm around 30, though. (Assuming it reaches it's destination.)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: