Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They are now making a prequel to the game. Staring a young Yangus and it deals with his youth. Looks like Red, or whatever her name is, is going to be playable.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They have to get the same voice actor for him in NA. That guy, whoever he was made that character come alive.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You got that right, guv. He just cracked me up cor blimey(insert odd pose here)

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry Synchysi, my mistake in i should know better than to leave in spoilers. I hope they do come out with a follow up,yes her name is Red, it would be interesting to see the games characters prior to dragonquest 8's story,like Angelo before and during his early days at the abbey,Jessica's childhood days with her brother, Yangus's misadventures as a thief leading to his meeting the hero and the king on that bridge, plus unlocking the mystery into where the hero lived before arriving at Trodain castle as a youth,even finding out what the king and princess were like before the curse,plus seeing Doulmagus as Rylus's student before the mental breakdown that led him to steal the septure from Trodain,that would be cool. Was i the only one who hates prince Charmles i wanted to feed him to a monster instead of help him,darn your lucky Charmles or i'd leave him surrounded by tap devils and let them do their death dance to him if it would phase him that is, knowing my luck he would end up bossing them around driving them nuts and they would flee from his nagging(ha,ha).

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lonelion says:
Quote:
Sorry Synchysi, my mistake in i should know better than to leave in spoilers. I hope they do come out with a follow up,yes her name is Red, it would be interesting to see the games characters prior to dragonquest 8's story,like Angelo before and during his early days at the abbey,Jessica's childhood days with her brother, Yangus's misadventures as a thief leading to his meeting the hero and the king on that bridge, plus unlocking the mystery into where the hero lived before arriving at Trodain castle as a youth,even finding out what the king and princess were like before the curse,plus seeing Doulmagus as Rylus's student before the mental breakdown that led him to steal the septure from Trodain,that would be cool. Was i the only one who hates prince Charmles i wanted to feed him to a monster instead of help him,darn your lucky Charmles or i'd leave him surrounded by tap devils and let them do their death dance to him if it would phase him that is, knowing my luck he would end up bossing them around driving them nuts and they would flee from his nagging(ha,ha).

Through the course of the game you find most of that stuff out. Hero had a pretty interesting background if you beat the last boss, and then complete the bonus dungeon. Of course, that opens up the good ending, which is even better than the original ending. If you were paying attention you could see it coming a while away, but it was still nice to see. I hated Prince Charmles, but you have to have butthole characters in RPGs. They make the good characters look even better.

I got the game for Christmas, and after wasting the first 70 or so hours on an old PS2 (ghastly load times), I got a new one and finished it, clocking in at 95:49, but at a high level (53), everyone's best weapons and armor, and the good ending unlocked. I finished it about a month ago, and in the summer will probably revisit it to complete those things. My impressions? A very good game, excellent music and artistic direction, with brilliantly voiced and drawn characters. The story isn't anything new, and the gameplay is basic RPG menu-based with a few twists, but the game was fun and deserves another play in the distant future. It's the most enjoyable RPG that I've played since Suikoden III.

The Final Fantasy XII demo is alright. I hope the real think looks a lot better and plays a lot better, though. Of course it will.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True games would be dull without clowns like Charmles. I love it when everybody mispronounces his name it drives him crazy. I completed the first play through and have been to the bonus dungeons(they will remain nameless to learn my lesson about spoilers.) The interesting stuff revealed is amazing,plus that clan is different to say the lease, i'd like to see their leader fight Rhaphorne it would a good one. Their leader is tough in that trial you go through to me he made Rhaphorne at his meanest look like a pushover,of course that's me though. Say Ice what you think of the maze inside the mirror, i saved the argonian chancellor and family from becoming dinner.( another place where prince Charmles would have been the perfect replacement,he'd be a bigger meal.hee,hee.) Ah but the Argonian king would miss his troublesome son so forget it,out of respect for the king of course.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: