Suikoden United and Illegal Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sars' Current Impressions (spoiler-free)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11325666 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I already mentioned that in the first page.
Loner Prime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe that Bright Shield Rune Bearer tried to politely ask you (in a subtle way) when will you bless us with your complete Suikoden V review (like you did for S-Tactics a few months ago). The good thing is, the more time you spend playing the game before doing a review, the more accurate the review will be IMO.
Something Edible

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a good question. What are your impressions after beating the games? Does the game get worse, better, or stay the same after the first 20 hours?

How long did it take you to beat it btw? And did you get all characters? Sorry if this was already answered somewhere else.
Vextor

11325666 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have no idea how long it took to beat the game myself, because I have a habit of leaving the game on while I do other stuff.

I need to clear the game more than once to start work on a review. I won't say anything else.
Dr. Chaos

13694 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I need to clear the game more than once to start work on a review. I won't say anything else.

Hopefully this concerns the possibility of branching plot paths throughout the game. I'll be crossing my fingers for that one.

By the way, Sars, did you manage to collect all 108 stars of destiny?
Vextor

11325666 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, the plot does branch, although it will feed back into the main plot later. I didn't get all 108 stars in my first try, because my policy is to play the first round without any outside information. I ended up missing about 6 stars.
Prophecy

Local Ruffians!!!!

60970 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only 6 stars? wow, thats pretty impressive good job Sars!
I was born along side of shooters/racers and RPG's, so with the otehr two based somewhat on speeed and stealth and the other on speed i tend to race through my games, just hitting the main storyline and not really collecting, or doing much of the side quests.

Ansatsusha Gumi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prophecy wrote:
Only 6 stars? wow, thats pretty impressive good job Sars!
I was born along side of shooters/racers and RPG's, so with the otehr two based somewhat on speeed and stealth and the other on speed i tend to race through my games, just hitting the main storyline and not really collecting, or doing much of the side quests.

Same here,although I was more of a fighting game,Beat em up/Hack n slash player.
It wasn't untill Ultima V & FF II (Final Fantasy IV) that I got into Rpgs.
I remember the first time I beat Suiko 2,I missed so many SOD,that I was able to recruit a whole party after defeating the last boss.

http://www.sitesled.com/members/killer7
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So was I, man..shoot oh before FFVII came along, all I knew was Street Fighter,Legend of Zelda, Mortal Kombat, Final Fight, Sonic, Streets of Rage,Star Wars, those kinds of games, I didnt know what an rpg was until I first got my PS1 for Christmas and got FFVII, then a friend of mine back in High School turned me on to Suikoden II, then fell inlove with it, psh.. before Suikoden the only game I knew that had the most characters was Chrono Cross, and that game was soooo complicated...
Heroic Knight 3211

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sars when are you going to write a review about the game and in suikoden 5 can you go to the island nations.
Vextor

11325666 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I already wrote a review. I won't discuss spoiler content in this thread, so please don't ask.
Sabin2

664 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does every Character start at Weapon Lv 1 like in 4 ?

(I asked the question before but nobody knew it)
Vextor

11325666 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes, every character's weapon starts at level 1.
Something Edible

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was playing Suikoden 3 today, and Geddoe's team always makes me laugh...

So, how's the humor in the game? Are there characters who keep arguing? Or maybe a person everyone makes fun of? Any Sid/Landis-like characters? Someone who can't cook? Weird army names like Orange? Flying cows? I'm asking this because I didn't find Skies of Arcadia (same writer) really funny, and because the game looks a bit serious from what I've seen...
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I may as well tack on a addition to the above questions.

Any use of the name Schtolteheim Reinbach III? C'mon, there must be.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: