Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

starter clubs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: starter clubs Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The newest thing to hit the city, starter clubs..these are kiddy night clubs. I saw a thing on TV about it and needed to share, laugh, cry, discuss.

here

this is the only link that would work with the bbs code and the url linking. otherwise...well I'll need to quote massive ammounts of text.
and there. I'm no good at explaning things like this, but its worth a look and dicussion. I can't seem to find that fox news segment I saw on the web. but man, 14 year old shouln't dance that way. nice, get together and grind up on eachother, I swear everyone in the vidio was acting up for the camera.

what do you think? is it a good idea to have "kiddy clubs", think its marketable and nothing could go wrong? I think its funny, what next? kiddy dating services?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"And remember girls:

Don't turn your backs on your drinks!"
Nimble Jack

Guard of the Old Way

319192 Potch
250 Soldiers
125 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excellent point Leb.

I must admit that I've been to a club somewhat like the one described in the link. There weren't 13 year olds there (to my knowledge). I did know some 14 year olds there, and I thought that they were too young, but that's mostly because I see myself as an older brother figure to most of them. The club I went to was for high school students, and there were some interesting things there. I must say that they had a dress code, it was extremely racist, and I'm not normally one to jump onto the racist band wagon. There were some black guys in front of me in line and they got kicked out for wearing baggy pants, but later while I was inside the club I saw this one girl who was wearing really baggy jeans, and she was white.
There was also this other girl who seemed to be missing her pants. She wore a shirt that was a little shorter than short shorts and she didn't think that type of shirt facilitated the need for a pair of pants, she was wrong. Later she was humping in other girls leg on the bar while a creepy guy was taking pictures of them. That was wierd.

All of that said, this doesn't mean that it was a bad experiance. I mean obiously there are things wrong with kiddy clubs, but at the one I went to I didn't see any drinking (alcohol) and I didn't see any drugs. Also, if children under driving age go then parents can always have a lot of control becuase they have to drop them off, and pick them up. Unless they have a car pool, or a sleep over or something of the sort. But I'll tell you that in the future if my daughter came up to me and asked to go to a kiddy club, and then spent the night at her friend's house I woud most deffinatly say no, cause that's the easiest way to get away with something. Go to the slackest mom's (or dad's) (or both) house and sleep off the drunkness, or bring a couple of boys back, whatever.

Anyways, I'm going to stop myself from getting any more off topic and say that I think that kiddy clubs are fun and as long as parents are involved, and I don't mean with planning, I mean with regulation of alcohol, sex, etc.. Then I think that the clubs are a good thing.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How is this honestly any different from any teenage party you've ever been to save that Alcohol is legally banned?

Funny, I remember hanging out in my friend's houses listening to loud music, dancing, and flirting around.

All this does is put in a public setting, IMO. Hey, now they don't have to clean up afterwards!

I'm kind of apprehensive, though. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable letting my daughter/son go to a place like that if there was no adult supervision (no security detail? no "bartender"?). And I probably wouldn't let them go alone unless they were 16 or 17.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if the idea of a 'starter club' is to teach kids how to party, then I think it's wrong. No one can 'teach' you how to party, you can only learn how to party. Nimble Jack is also right about the racism, since kids that age still haven't learned what and what not to say and when and when not to say it. I think, however, the only real way for parents to regulate the sort of things that go on at their parties from happening at those of their children, they would need to be there, and that's just wrong since most kids go to pull away from their parents.

House Parties > Bars. When I was 13-15, it was all house parties, and those were some good times, and I'd much rather do that than go to one of these clubs. Let's face it gang, alcohol not only makes people funner and better looking, but also teaches a valuable lesson. I don't endorse underage drinking, but I did it (frequently) and now have a respect for what alcohol is and what it can do that I might not have had before. The result of this: I don't drink my ass off in social situations. It also has a nice habit of loosening people up, because really, who goes to a party to sit in the corner? Go and meet someone new, discover some new music, play cards, learn how to make a drink, but for god sake, do something other than sit in the corner...

When I have kids, I'll also probably try to keep them away from such places. Another thing alcohol has taught me, this time about parent relationships: Just because they don't see you, doesn't mean it isn't happening and they don't know. If kids want to drink, they'll find a way, and what better a place than surrounded by your friends in a place with music, dancing and no security (...)? That's also the age where you've probably gone a while since your first "Damn, she's looking fine today!" moment and (guys) are hornier than ever. It's cool because it happens, but if I had a daughter, no way in hell I'd send her to be surrounded by a bunch of guys her age or slightly older. Even if my kids want to drink in the house, I'd be a lot happier knowing I can watch them.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hm.. Actually where I live they're are two clubs very similar to this already. We have "Nightstorm" which is a dance every month durring the summer and into the school-year, where they have like custome night, and foam night and whatnot. But bassically it's just a place for kids to come together and dance and have fun. We also have a "Boys and Girls" Club. Where you have to be 17 and younger I think to be able to go in. So atleast it keeps out creepy molesters. And YES the places here both have supervisers and bartenders and a DJ and both places making sure there isn't any "Problems". Alcohol isn't allowed however ofcoarse I Remember people sneaking it. I think thats just part of being a teenager. To be honest, they already had the booze when going there. Least they'll be drinking it with adult supervision..to a extent, and generally the kids who do drink outof control get caught easily. These dance clubs are just a atempt to keep kids from being out and doing stupid things...which obviously it'll only attract limited amounts of kids..however you never know...maybe it'll bring kids together..It really depends on the region..here in Wisconsin. Things like underaged dance clubs are just a place for people to get together and have fun, then probally go off to a party and drink at some kids house. I suppose it's better than just going directly to the kids house and drinking earlyer..? haha

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's next teach 10yr olds to unwrap condoms? The club is fine and dandy but do they say something about teens that are older could come in? Drugs, Alcohol and Smoke will always find it's way to parties "unsupervised", supervised even. it's your responsibility to be a parent to call this kind of situations. the "mom or dad mode" will kick in to gears i tell yah.

to us who have already seen situations that we know have harmed us or friends or made us detached to our parents in some part of our life, shouldn't let the kids go on their own in this delicate part of life.

if we have done drugs and later regret it would you allow them to have the same experience come true. excluding smoking and drinking coz they have a different level. and a different reasoning.

and definitly if you have a daughter and on parties that are aloud to do those extra curricular things. other guys would see her as a targets. i've seen this good thing this girl is mature enough to avoid it.

Ice wrote:

House Parties > Bars. When I was 13-15, it was all house parties, and those were some good times, and I'd much rather do that than go to one of these clubs. Let's face it gang, alcohol not only makes people funner and better looking, but also teaches a valuable lesson. I don't endorse underage drinking, but I did it (frequently) and now have a respect for what alcohol is and what it can do that I might not have had before. The result of this: I don't drink my ass off in social situations. It also has a nice habit of loosening people up, because really, who goes to a party to sit in the corner? Go and meet someone new, discover some new music, play cards, learn how to make a drink, but for god sake, do something other than sit in the corner...

we have the same experience about drinks. that's why i excluded drinking. you will really respect it when you are mature in mind and body. those were the fun days.

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am 19 and I wasn't in a disco yet. The first time I have drunken alcohol was in the age of 18, so I can't really say, how to behave in a disco with 14, but once I saw something disgusting...
Some friends of mine were helping younger pupils in school. Some day they had to organise a party for the 13year-olds. I didn't know what else to do and so I helped them. It was horrible... the little girls were half naked and they did a lapdance while listening to terrible music... I was afraid of them...

The Fool
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahaha, this is great.

Assuming that because a venue does not serve alcohol means no alcohol will be there is ridiculous, especially when the clientele are younger than 18. Kids are stupid. While I don't drink myself, I think it pretty much goes without saying that if kids want to drink, they will. No law can stop kids from acting like idiots.

I think it's basically a cute little place where 15 year olds can pretend that sex and alcohol will make them more grown up, and where no one will tell them otherwise.

Adolescence is a funny sort of time.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Amen, Krawnik. Adolesence is truly a strange time.

Well, while i don't agree with this "Starters" club, i understand where they got the idea. My brother, back when he was in high school, had a kind of "field Trip" in a nightclub in Freemantle. The purpose was to show the students that you can have fun without the drugs and booze. I don't know how effective it was, but the point was to face the issues concerning moral behaviour and the nightlife, as opposed to supressing these issues.

There are probably parents who allow their kids to smoke weed, but only under their supervision, so that the kids won't have to do it behind their backs. But do you think that this would be effective?

I wouldn't think so. Nor do i think that this starters party would work out well. All it would take is one incident and all hell would break loose, aggravating parents and students alike.

Perhaps i'm in no position to judge since i'm not a party animal. My wildest night was probably having a drink, smoking, and driving around only up till 1 am with some of my friends. That's all.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not new, Kuu. This kind of thing has been going on for quite some time, but they are hard pressed to stay open. I'm not really a club person, but I do go to an occasional club when a friend has a party there. I consider these "starter" clubs to be toned down versions of the 21 and over deal.

Back in High School, the hot spot was Kokomos. It was a starter club that was for kids 18 and under. It's closed now, but as a teenager growing up near Orange County, you would hear stories about people having fun here on weekends. And the articles are right; no alcohol at all. And also, security was pretty wary of letting in kids who were under 14, but unfortunately, they would try to sneak in one way or another. Some of them looked old enough, so they were just let in. Generally, people that age don't have any identification on them.

It's safe as far as going out is concerned. Because of the age group, it's usually easy to spot suspicious characters and they kick them out if they do the slightest bit of shady activity. Think of it as a High School Dance in a club. It really is a prep for clubbing in the future. It's like a distorted image where these kids can act like they're adults without actually being one. Although, if you ask me, I don't think teens should be rushing to go out to clubs. They should be studying :D

I didn't really care for the idea because the possibility 17-18 year old kids hooking up with a 14 year old girl who happened to sneak in, is something that scared me. In the rare occasions that I went, I stayed close to friends.

I say that they don't last because the clientele doesn't have the resources to keep such places open. Most of them pay with allowance, so you know there's not much cash flowing around. And forget about donations, how much can those kids really give anyway?

Don't be in such a rush to grow up, kids. It'll come eventually.

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I saw this thread, I thought this was about clubs to hit people for starters.

Anyways, this is just completely absurd. If it's for those kids who can't really wait to grow up then why don't they just make "real" night clubs let kids below 18 in? The content and the purpose of both's the same, isn't it?

Quote:
My brother, back when he was in high school, had a kind of "field Trip" in a nightclub in Freemantle. The purpose was to show the students that you can have fun without the drugs and booze. I don't know how effective it was, but the point was to face the issues concerning moral behaviour and the nightlife

If the purpose was really to show that you can have fun without drugs and booze, then why the hell take them to a night club? Hell, there are alot of places you can go to have fun not concerning night clubs. Even if the point was to face the issues concerning moral behaviour and nightlife, just showing them how it really looks like could make them really want to go there.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axis wrote:
If the purpose was really to show that you can have fun without drugs and booze, then why the hell take them to a night club? Hell, there are alot of places you can go to have fun not concerning night clubs. Even if the point was to face the issues concerning moral behaviour and nightlife, just showing them how it really looks like could make them really want to go there.

Beats me why the teachers took them there, but yet they did. I was in my first year of university at that time.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axis wrote:
When I saw this thread, I thought this was about clubs to hit people for starters.

Anyways, this is just completely absurd. If it's for those kids who can't really wait to grow up then why don't they just make "real" night clubs let kids below 18 in? The content and the purpose of both's the same, isn't it?

Quote:
My brother, back when he was in high school, had a kind of "field Trip" in a nightclub in Freemantle. The purpose was to show the students that you can have fun without the drugs and booze. I don't know how effective it was, but the point was to face the issues concerning moral behaviour and the nightlife

Uh, because it would be against the law. A nightclub cannot open its doors to minors below the age of 19 (or 18, or 21, or whatever, depending on where you live).

The purpose is not to show that you can have fun without drugs and booze. I really don't think there's any agenda here in trying to promote safe anything. People just want to make money and to take advantage of the fact that kids like to be in elite social clubs and buy (non-alcoholic) drinks with money given to them by their parents.

Adults like dancing to music in a dark room with flashing lights. Many kids liked it, too. Anyone remember the high school dances at the end of the year? What were those besides a replica of a night club? Why not bring that kind of entertainment to kids whenever they want it, instead of relying on the school to set it up once a semester?
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

The purpose is not to show that you can have fun without drugs and booze. I really don't think there's any agenda here in trying to promote safe anything. People just want to make money and to take advantage of the fact that kids like to be in elite social clubs and buy (non-alcoholic) drinks with money given to them by their parents.

I'm sure if they did serve it, some would take. but erg....the dancing they do, rubbing their clothed crotches on eachother? erg...thats dancing? not wonder the kiddos have boy/girl friends.

anway I'm still laughing at the idea. if only, I could find that vidio clip.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: