Suikoden United and Infamous Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Iron Chef
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masaya wrote:
I think the last episode I watched was with Chen facing off agaisnt some challanger that was apart of a resteraunt that made some really good Oyaku don, and held this reasteraunt durring that terrible kobe earthquake.. and everyone was secretly chearing for her,, but then Chen won anyways I giggled happly knowing Chen roxors my boxors!!<3

I remember that episode. That one made me like Chen a lot more. And Milan, you're going to be a pro chef. You're so cool!
Shadow

The Arabian Nomades

649 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hundreds of times my brother was watching Iron Chef epasodes and he always starts to feel hunger. Personally I like the Japanese Chef who now died.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, i kind of feel sorry for Chen Kenichi. To me, he seems to be picked on, like a bully picks on a whimp. Not saying that Chen's a whimp, but i feel that he's being harassed alot. Why not those other two Iron Chefs, like Sakai, or that other one? Why doesn't the challengers pick on them more often?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because they want to try and keep more Chen Kenichi with a low self-esteam because they know he is by far the most amazing Iron Chef!! Also becuase I think it's because he looks likey a greesy little man. By far he does not have a huge stature or frightening pressence.. If you ever get a good look at him..he's just some crazy short dude in a yellow chef uniform. Honestly...hes my Hero. If anyone could teach me the ways of cooking, I'd have no one else ^_^.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have seen him. None of them look that intimidating. BTW, wasn't there an Iron Chef of Italian Cuisine at one time? Chen's for Chinese, one for French and one for Japanese. I'm sure that there was also one for Italian in one of those episodes.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isn't Chen the son of the Divine Szechwan King or something like that? I think that would be intimidating.

Starslasher wrote:
I have seen him. None of them look that intimidating. BTW, wasn't there an Iron Chef of Italian Cuisine at one time? Chen's for Chinese, one for French and one for Japanese. I'm sure that there was also one for Italian in one of those episodes.

Yeah, the Italian one's Masahiko Kobe. French is Hiroyuki Sakai, and Japanese is either Masaharu Morimoto or Rokusaburo Michiba depending on what year the episode is from.
amadeusx

The Demons of Repentance

33505 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh wow, Iron Chef was a great show. And I would agree with everyone else about Iron Chef America. To me it seems like Iron Chef America wasn't as serious as its predecessor, it seemed more like a joke. Regardless I still watch it from time to time. I notice everytime I watch Iron Chef I get extremely famished and want to cook something. lol But it is usually pretty late when I watch it.

At first Sakai was my favorite chef, but then I started to like Chen more and more after seeing him battle more. What made me like Sakai so much was the way he peeled a apple. They showed a replay of it in slow motion and it was still darn fast. One day I'll be peeling apples like that. When I start culinary school and learn more and more on making food.

I personally enjoyed watching the showdown between Chen and Sakai, for the prize of king of the iron chefs or something. Sucks though, because both of them were my favorite chefs.

And you're right Vince Muerto, Chen's father was some sort of great Szechwan chef. I remembered a episode where Chen had to fight his dad's friend or something. Szechwan vs Szechwan. The judges must of been burning eating those foods.
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could watch Iron Chef all day long. And when they used to have the all day marathons, I did. My favorite chef is Morimoto - early on, I liked him because he was just so cute to me. Over time, I realized that I like them all for different reasons - I love Kobe because I love Italian food and could eat it all day long...I love Sakai because I have a lot of respect for a guy who always ends up sipping the alcohol he uses in the food...I love Chen Kenichi because he always looks like he's having such a good time while he's cooking - he seems just so jolly!

And the cherry on this sundae - I was reading through this thread and talking to my best friend, who's the biggest Gackt fan, and I said to her - wouldn't it be the funniest thing in the world if they came up with a new Iron Chef in Japan and Gackt was the next Chairman Kaga?

She's been reasonably quiet ever since I've said that. Oops. *grin*

I've seen exactly one episode of Iron Chef America, and is it just me, or am I being snobby by saying that it's a lot like watching dubbed anime when you've already seen the original with subtitles - a lot gets lost in the translation and it doesn't retain that Japanese Game Show energy.
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GAWD!! I love Iron Chef, but I haven't watched in like two years. Major suxorz.

You're all right. The American rip-off (and that's exactly what it is) is a pale imitation of the original. Like, reflection in a scummy pond pale imitation. I only saw the first 15 minutes of one episode, and that was more that enough to last me the rest of my life. Sorry, I seethe contempt for ICA.

Hopefully I'll be able to start watching the original again soon. Sakai was my favorite. Mostly because he usually had a sauce to go with everything, and they just sounded so savory. Man! Now I'm hungry. Off to search for food...

Later.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: