Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lost (Spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deloseth

Spectacular Slackers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Red, the link came from here, post 113. It's discussed throughout the rest of the topic. I tend to get all my Lost news from the 'Dope, and it's kinda sad; They regularly manage six or seven pages of discussion per episode, we only have seven pages for the entire two seasons :(

More people here need to watch Lost, methinks.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am so far behind....here in Australia, i just watched the third episode in the second season. That was yesterday, when Desmond explains the timer to Jack and John while he's trying to fix the computer/ Locke's story about his pain with his "father". Now you guys are talking about Sayid's story, and Sawyer chasing tree frogs.

*sigh* i am so far behind.

Well, don't let me stop you. If there's any other Aussie who watches this show, holler. Otherwise, just continue.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dang, I was going to post that translation, Del. :P Beat me to it!

Yeah, apparently the symbols literally translates (in some dictionaries) as... *SPOILER!!!* (just in case) "Cause to Die" */SPOILER* Not sure exactly what that means for our survivors, but when that clock reached '0' and those red and black hieroglyphics started popping up I knew it was going to be something bad. I think if Locke hadn't pushed the button before the final symbol came up, it REALLY would have hit the fan.

And I think Sayid is right about Henry. He was right about Sun speaking English in Season 1 (or correctly guessed that she understood him) before it was revealed that she DID INDEED speak English. I know, that doesn't prove anything, but the guy is good at reading people when they're lying. He was pretty emotional which could have messed with his interpretation, as Red pointed out, but I still think we'll find that Henry is one of the Others (that is, one of Mr. Friendly's people).

"Saw" was awesome, by the way. :D Too bad the sequel was dumb.

Del wrote:
More people here need to watch Lost, methinks.

I agree!!! *looks for the Binapple Uqeen*

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ugh, Saw...*vomit*

I'm still here. I haven't been reading as I've been trying to avoid spoilers this season. I like Lost better not knowing what's going to happen next. Smile

Unfortunately, Sophita missed the episode last week because Sophita's stupid school cable stupidly futzed out and Sophita got an hour of static. :/

Can anyone give Sophita a brief-yet-complete recap of what happened? Sophita would go to another site to find it, but Sophita has been spoiled for future episodes many times in the past by doing this, so Sophita would prefer to not have spoilers for future episodes in it, and Sophita knows you all are nice enough not to spoil things for her.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sure Milady. (What's with the 3rd person? Sophita is scaring Nutflush. :| )

Okay, here's a complete recap (it's hard to be brief when there's so much to talk about) of the last episode "One of Them". (If I forget any key moments, I hope someone else will fill them in.) AND there are no spoilers for future episodes in here, not even the preview for the next episode.

The episode was Sayid-centric. I don't remember exactly what happened in the flashbacks or what parts came up during the events on the island, so I'll just describe his flashback first, then the events on the island.

The show opens up in some sort of bunker that is being bombed. Sayid along with several other Iraqi soldiers are shredding documents before the Americans arrive. When they finally bust in, Sayid tells his fellow soldiers to stop shredding or they'll be shot. Seeing that he understands English, the American soldiers grab Sayid and use him to translate what they are asking his commanding officer. Apparently some pilot went missing and they want the commander to tell them where he is. (The American soldier in charge is none other than Kate's "father" from her flashback earlier this year.) The commander won't talk, so the Americans pull Sayid aside and show him a tape of an incident that occured in his home village. This very same commander had previously authorized a test of serin gas on the civilians of this village, killing several innocents. They then hand Sayid a box... with torture tools. Sayid goes back and "asks" his commander again, and when he comes back out his hands are bloody. The American soldiers take Sayid out of the city and dump him off in the desert close to a nearby city, they pay him about $800 for what he did and send him on his way. This other American tells him "One day you will need to know something, and now you know how to get it".

Okay, so on the island, Sayid is sitting on the beach when Ana Lucia runs up and tells him that she found someone walking in the jungle. She leads him to the place, and Sayid recognizes the person as Rousseau. He sends AL back and goes to confront Danielle. She says she was looking for him, and she takes him to a place in the jungle where a man is caught in a net. She says he is "one of them": the Others.

Sayid cuts him down and the guy tries escaping, but Roussea shoots him in the back of his right shoulder with a crossbow. :shock: Sayid ties his hands and takes him back to the hatch. After telling Locke and Jack about him, Jack treats his wound while Sayid convinces Locke to change the combination to the armory. He says that they need to know for sure who he is. Locke does this, and after Jack treats the man (he says his name is Henry Gale) they put him in the armory and Sayid walks in and locks the door behind him. Jack is not happy. Sayid then proceeds to interrogate the man.

Henry Gale says he and his wife were travelling the Pacific in a hot air balloon, but it crashed on the island about 4 months (?) ago. His wife had gotten sick and died 2 weeks before he was caught by Rousseau. Sayid doesn't believe him because the man can't remember the exact details of the burial. He goes on an emotional tirade about how he would "remember every shovelful", then starts beating the crap out of him.

MEANWHILE (had to change gears, hehe), Sawyer can't get any sleep because of some tree frog causing a racket. So he goes through the jungle looking for it and ends up finding Hurley with a hidden stash of food from the hatch. Instead of revealing him to everyone else, Sawyer enlists his help to track down the tree frog. They eventually find it and Sayer catches it. Hurley says it reminded him of a turtle he once had named Stewart who ran away. :*laugh*: Hurley tries talking Sawyer into letting him have the frog so he could take it far into the jungle where it wouldn't bother anybody, but instead... Sawyer crushes it in his hand!! :shock: He then gives it to Hurley and says "I hear with a little ranch dressing it tastes just like chicken" and walks off.

Back in the hatch, Jack wants the door open but Locke won't do it. So Jack slams Locke up against the wall and threatens to let the counter run down to '0' if he doesn't open the door. The sound of the alarm can be heard from the next room as it goes under a minute. Locke finally agrees and he opens the armory door, revealing Sayid kicking the SH!T out of Henry.

Locke runs to the computer to type in the code, but he types two 16's again. The clock hits '0', and then the panels of the numbers start spinning rapidly. They turn to black and red, and it sounds like some gears start moving somewhere inside the hatch. Four images appear in place of the numbers (they are actually hieroglyphics), and before the 5th and final image appears, Locke enters the code. The gears stop moving and the images spin away and return to 108.00.

Jack pulls Sayid back from the armory, and Henry gives Sayid this stare that sent a shiver all up and down my spine.

The last scene is with Sayid and Charlie on the beach. Sayid talks about how he knows Henry is an Other because he didn't feel any guilt for what he did to him, and that Jack and Locke would never understand. He says they have forgotten that the Others are merciless, that they kidnapped Claire and left Charlie for dead hanging from a tree. He then turns to Charlie and asks "Have you forgotten?" A couple of dramatic close-ups of Sayid and Charlie and then...

L O S T

Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I didn't realize there was a Lost thread here... Interesting.
And that you follow it too, Sophita.

...In an effort to make this post not absolutely pointless, I'll point out that Henry Gale is also the name of Dorothy's uncle, in the Wizard of Oz.
Also, the Wizard of Oz first arrives to the land of Oz in a hot air balloon.

With this in mind, you can draw your own conclusions about this supposed "other"...

All the way to the edge of this world
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the detailed summary, Nutflush! ^_^ I'm disapointed I missed it, but now I feel a bit better about doing so. The heiroglyphics are cool.

As for the third person, well, Sophita has a tendency to do that at 2am in the morning. ;)

Or 11:30 in the afternoon, come to think of it. :P

I was really disappointed they showed the freaking pilot last night. It's a good episode and all, but I'm getting tired of them constantly showing reruns. I really wish they would do this show like 24, where they start the season later, but end without showing reruns.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alseid wrote:
...In an effort to make this post not absolutely pointless, I'll point out that Henry Gale is also the name of Dorothy's uncle, in the Wizard of Oz.
Also, the Wizard of Oz first arrives to the land of Oz in a hot air balloon.

With this in mind, you can draw your own conclusions about this supposed "other"...

Welcome to our humble thread, Alseid. :D

Yeah, I think it's a good indication that the guy is lying about who he is. I've heard rumors that... *SPOILER* ...he isn't an Other, but he isn't who he SAYS he is... apparently in a future episode, Henry leads Sayid and Ana Lucia to the hot air balloon he was talking about, and something else is revealed... I'm not sure on how valid this rumor is though, so take it with a grain of salt. */SPOILER*

An interesting thing to point out with the "Wizard of Oz" reference is this: in the "Long Con" episode, Locke is holding a book called "An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge": a story in which a soldier is being hanged but somehow escapes and makes it back to his house, but then the rope snaps and he dies back on the bridge. So there are now two stories in consecutive episodes where the majority of it takes place in a dream. What could this say about the show?

Sophita wrote:
Thanks for the detailed summary, Nutflush! ^_^

My pleasure!

Quote:
I was really disappointed they showed the freaking pilot last night. It's a good episode and all, but I'm getting tired of them constantly showing reruns. I really wish they would do this show like 24, where they start the season later, but end without showing reruns.

You're going to be really PO'd then, because after the next episode, "Maternity Leave", there will be a 3-4 week break before the next new show. :|

Cirlce your calendars, though: the season finale is set to air near the end of May. (May 24th, I believe.) Then it's just 4 short months before Season 3 begins, heh.

Last edited by Noot on Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alseid

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright, so what do we know now?

[[Ethan's a doctor, the Others' Alex might be Rosseau's Alex, the Others aren't hillbillies, and Claire is very, very stupid and impressionable!]]

Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Others might all be scientists/doctors of some kind. They might all be working for Dharma inside some other hatch on the island for all we know. By seeing the fake beard in the locker, we know that they are using disguises. I wonder why they feel the need to wear them? Perhaps they need to protect themselves when they are out in the jungle? Or maybe hide their true identities from the Flight 815'ers? :?

And who is this "he" that Friendly Mr. Zeke mentioned to Ethan. He said something like "You weren't supposed to take her... he won't be happy" to which Ethan replied "They knew I wasn't on the plane so I had to take her" etc. This to me shows that M.C. Gainey's character (check out my avatar, regiment name, and sig by the way :D) isn't the dude in charge. It could be Alvar Hanso or Dr. Candle... or maybe Henry Gail? :?

Mila Furman did a nice job acting in the past episode when Claire was talking about the young girl. I'm glad they could take her out of the realm of insane and give her some emotions now and then.

I don't know about that last part, Alseid. It seemed to me that Claire had been drugged during her time with Ethan. She looked WAY too dopey.

The episode for next week showing Ana Lucia, Sayid, and Charlie going after Henry's balloon looks pretty promising. (That's a weird team to put together though, I have to say.) Sun also asks Sawyer for a pregnancy test after almost passing out, too. It seems the rumors were true that there would be a bi-lingual baby in Season 3, heh. My only question is this: why does Sawyer have a pregnancy test? I thought everyone raided his stash when he was out on the raft. It would sure be weird if Sawyer somehow just HAPPENED to have a pregnancy test on hand for Sun to use. :|

Just a short month until the next episode... hurray. :roll:

Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes i dvr'd this week's episode so i just got a chance to watch it last night. I was happy with what i saw and glad we finally got a chance to see what happened to Claire when she was gone. I wish they had showed what they were using to make claire stay in that wacked out state, but oh well. Claire isn't the smartest person on the island, but they made her look really ditsy until i finally figured out that they had been drugging her.

Overall though nothing really major happened (which is fitting for lost as a series) and we are left wondering for the next new episode. I am however convinced that Henry is not who he says he is. I think he is somehow involved in the island wide conspiracy that is going on, and while he may not be one of the others, he is probably up to no good. I didn't think the way he was trying to manipulate Locke made much since though. Not the fact that he would want to mess with him, but just how he is doing it. I would think that Locke would be too smart for that kind of childish attempt to turn them on each other. Well that is just my opinion, and maybe i am giving Locke too much credit, but it just didn't feel right.

Anyway, until the next new episode.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Alseid

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a big Locke fan, always have been, even gone briefly by "John Locke" at some other places, but...
What's with all the people thinking he's some sort of untouchable genius?
I'd understand that if we only saw his island guru side, but we've seen his past. We know that, in the real world, he's a rather pathetic, frustrated, manipulable old man.
When he got to the island, and found he could walk again, he gained confidence, confidence in that the island was his destiny, and with that confidence, he felt liberated of his old problems. He saw retribution for his suffering in the "real" world.
He could advice others, help them, be depended on, to live his fantasy.
But once the Hatch entered the scene, things changed.
He grew increasinly frustrated by not being able to open it. He started to slowly lose confidence, which reaches its peak when he loses the use of his legs again, briefly. After Boone's death, he had to either accept he was wrong all along, or use it to reinforce his faith. Considering the premonitory dream about the Nigerian plane, the "miracle" of his legs, the sighting of Lostzilla that he had early on, etc, it's not hard to see why he chose the latter.
Anyway, once the Hatch is opened, and all they find inside is old music, a mysterious computer with an ongoing countdown, and a weird guy with connections to Jack, of all people (which at any rate, would make it all Jack's destiny, not Locke's).
Then a new, higher representant of moral and wisdom surfaces (Mr. Eko), while he's relegated to taking care of the Hatch's code, making schedules, washing dishes...Routinary work, which is reminiscent of his older jobs (clerk on a store, office worker).
Also, since Boone's death, Jack directs all the misstrust of the losties towards Locke, and becomes increasingly violent and controling.
Then Zeke basically owns them all during their little Commando expedition.
And then, to top it all, Sawyer cons him into losing all the guns, not unlike his father (who some believe to be the real Sawyer) conned him to get his kidney.

His confidence slowly deteriorates, the island guru facade shatters, and we begin to see the real Locke.

And then comes Henry Gale, and puts the finger in the wound: The hatch, the island, it was all supposed to be Locke's destiny. He was the one who everyone would look up to, and ultimately depend on (whereas, the "official" leader, Jack, who he himself appointed, would only serve to take the more mundane decisions). So why the hell is Jack ordering him around, ridiculing him?

Now, I cannot say for sure if his tantrum at the end was because of this, or because he was mad at the fact that even a stranger could see how to upset him, but the thing is, Locke's reaction was most likely real, and rather natural, considering the entire situation.

Again, I've got nothing against Locke. He (along with Sawyer) is my favourite Lost character. He's a very interesting and complex character (as opposed to the very cookie cutter likes of Jack, who simply can't stand to fail, or Kate, who just can't let anything happen if she's not involved), not to mention some of the mightiest mysteries of the show are about him (how come he can walk, why couldn't he before, what happened to Sarah, etc), but some people are taking into account only about half of the character, and making him into some sort of mastermind, despite all contrary evidence.

That being said... WARGH A MONTH SAFSFRHDGHS

Deloseth

Spectacular Slackers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wasn't too anxious to see this week's episode after I heard what it was about. Finally caved in tonight and, well, I hated it. I'll make no bones about it; Claire annoys the living shit out of me. Maybe it's just the whole 'Wailing New Mother' character I can't stand but I really don't like her at all. That, coupled with the baby's constant bloody screaming during the first twenty minutes (I legitimately had to mute it once before I threw the computer out of the window), didn't make it enjoyable in the least.

Okay, okay, so the ending was good.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahh, the show is back sooner than I thought. I didn't think there would be any new episodes until April, but apparently the next one, "The Whole Truth" will air on March 22nd at the usual time! :D

(This is awesome because I get to watch LOST and then the season premier of "South Park" back to back! Wee! :mrgreen:)

Alseid

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Henry.
Is.

INFURIATING.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 8 of 19

Jump to: