Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Possible Worst RPG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well thanks Criox, now I'm at least tempted to look up the story in Gamefaqs, since that's about as close as I'm willing to go to play the game. Don't attack, huh? Sounds like Jowy's duel to me. Sounds interesting.

You see, that's my main problem with the game. It had the potential to be something, since it was one of the first RPG's on the Playstation. Yet they were slack, and so it became something mediocre. I'm not a hard gamer to please. In fact, I liked Suikoden 3. However, I felt weird actually totally disliking any game. It's the only one where I though I wasted my money. And I didn't have a lot of it, back then either.

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its ether don't attack or run away I'm pretty sure its don't attack.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think a lot of people mentioned Beyond the Beyond....why...what happend. what made it reak? I forget, all I know is I rented it and was glad to return.

I never got to far is wildarms and legend of Lagia, so I forget what they were like...I tink there were game play issues. that made me unhappy.
I am a bad gamer.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darkmagus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Croix wrote:
Ced The Lad, I totally agree with you about Sampson but even when you uncurse him he's not as good as he was, oh and about Percy..(Beyond the beyond spoiler)
-
-
-
-
At the very end of the dungeon before(the one before the last)you will battle a Black knight but he is in fact !Percy! to get him back simply don't attack him and after a while he'll join up with you again yah!

Darkmagus, I don't think that your even supposed to beat Ramue you should just finish the puzzle and move on thats what I did, but thats just me. :mrgreen:

It's possible, but just not worth it. I've beaten her without gameshark a few times, but it takes forever and you need to be on a pretty high level for that early in the game. That puzzle sort of annoyed me. The king's advisor was a pretty easy boss. I don't remember his name because it was so long ago, but it was quicker than that water demon.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For all the bashing of Beyond the Beyond it should be noted that the game does have one high point: The soundtrack is composed by Motoi Sakuraba (Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Shining Force 3, some Tales games)!

I haven't really played the game myself so I can't really judge it, but I've heard one remixed version of the soundtrack that was quite good.

As for the worst game I've played, I felt Legend of Legaia was dreadfully uninspired. I guess it had some features that some might find interesting, but for the most part it bored the hell out of me.
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually own the first Legend of Legaia. What turned me off was the fact to learn ANY spell you had to I think defeat any enemy and get lucky. Or something like that. I remember fighting these big giant spoon like things for hours to get about the only cure all members spell on everyone who could learn it. It ranks with me worse than the whole draw/card game methods to get magic in Final Fantasy VIII. Legend of Legaia is sitting on a pile off stuff. I haven't touched that game in I dunno, since high school sometime.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh heh I was playing my Golden Sun GBA game and I noticed some some simularites please not that there are major SPOILERS you are warned
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
the battle sequences are nearly the same and the final bosses (Saturous&Mernardi for Golden Sun) and(Shutat and Ramue for Beyond the Beyond) and when you beat them they fuse toghter in each game I just thought you all should know :P
mikazukihime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like a lot of other people have said, Beyond the Beyond gets my pick as the worst RPG. And that was the first game I thought of when I spotted this thread. In general, I think the game was okay, and I like the music (I had no idea that Motoi Sakuraba made it, thanks Loopy!) but the battle system...lets just say that my right thumb looks completely different from my left after playing that game. I also never beat the game either, but I did get up to the last boss.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't even get halfway thru Beyond the Beyond before I had a strong urge to go play catch with my dog using the disc as a frisbee.

3128 Potch
112 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have Beyond The Beyond, and haven't played it. It was just a cheap acquisition for my collection. One of these days I'll boot it up. Of what I've played, Shadow Madness and Guardian's Crusade are two that I didn't like. As for Wild Arms, I liked that one much better than the first two, and actually finished it a few times.
torebaa

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would put ps2 rpgs up as the worst as well....

unlimited saga
wild arms 3
bof 5

these games were both ugly boring and uninspired rip offs of the originals... keep away

Suikoden RP
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep I didn't like Unlimited Saga either mainly because it was very weird and oh so confusing and so I did not really give it much of chance. I sort of liked Shadow madness (some parts sucked but good overall) Legaia was a good favorite of mine for awhile and I am playing it now. The second one has pretty sweet graphics and improves on it further.

Anyhow my least favorite RPG would have to be Harvest Moon Back to Nature on the PSX. It was not my cup of tea to say the least. The ingame help was pathetic and way too childish, which I suppose was the point...eh. Really poor graphics, it was one of those games where the developers tried too hard to make it look good but stuffed it up sooo bad in the process. Just my opinions.

Oh and I have never played Beyond the Beyond despite how GOOD it sounds ha ha. Maybe one day I will find out and be just as disgusted as the rest of you...
Death

The Death Bringer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the RPG game that i don't like the most (that i still remember :D ) is definitely Breath of Fire 5.

the graphic is bad, the gameplay is worse and the difficulty + save system is the worst ever!

but, i think it's just me considering the somehow great rating/review given to the game.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

torebaa wrote:
i would put ps2 rpgs up as the worst as well....

unlimited saga
wild arms 3
bof 5

these games were both ugly boring and uninspired rip offs of the originals... keep away

Wild ARMs 3 had it's good parts. ;) If they would've kept Janus around I would've loved the game more than I do (Yes I actually like it) and perhaps if the ending didn't remind me so much of the 2nd game in the series (worst game in the series in my opinion).

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Death,
Breath of Fire 5 was no doubt the worst of the Breath of Fire series I mean it literally SUCKED!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: