Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Question regarding mounting...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Question regarding mounting... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It says that defensive skills don't work. I suppose the more obvious ones would be things like parry. But what others don't work? Dodge and Guard, are they useless for mounted characters as well?

And battle lust. Of course when you're mounted, you can only attack once. But is battle lust completely useless for mounted characters? Battle lust is supposed to increase damage as well besides just swinging more. And it works for special attack as well. So the question is does battle lust increase the damage of a unit at all when it is mounted?

As a summary, i'm asking which are the skills exactly are totally useless to mounted characters...

I need definite answers... This has been rather bothering me...
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the same attack points you deal to an enemy with battle lust equiped will do the same amount of damange you do mounted. say tristian deals 150 hp damange with swinging his blade 3 times with battle lust, when you mount him on a kangacorn he will do the same amount of damange.

i found it that if they are mounted on some thing they have a higher chance of dodging the enemies attack. especially when you are on a owl. i also believe that parry and guard won't work based on that fact you won't need them since you will most likely dodge the attack anyways.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

on the battle lust, i'd say it was a split; the defensive bonus is lost, while the damage is kept for the most part-it might be harder to notice due to the cut back in attack number.

shield defense would also be lost, but i think armor is kept? (can't remember if millay gets that or not).

the defensive bonus for mount (especially armored mount) seems to be much higher than it would be unmounted; i've noticed that a character will take more damage unmounted (even with the sword of 'x' spell active) than they do mounted. add in the sword of 'x' spell and most take extremely low damage, usually less than 10 hp.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used Trishtan mounted and found he hit for aboutt he same amount but could definitely take more damage. They do keep dodge though, which has been mentioned. I don't use unarmored mounts though, so I don't know if it's worth it to use an unmounted character.

-My DeviantArt-
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious wrote:

the defensive bonus for mount (especially armored mount) seems to be much higher than it would be unmounted;

that is true. when your monted you attack, defense and some times your speed goes up but i believe you evade goes down a bit. but don't matter since you usually dodge most the time.

Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm.. Ok so dodge works... My main question now is whether battle lust has ANY use at all to a mounted unit... Let's say... Specifically an armored kanga...

And Guard is of no use as well right?
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think it does; you may have to experiment a bit to test this out. try it alone, then mounted, then alone+sword of magic 'x' and then mounted+sword of magic 'x' to see what happens.

it may cut down on number, but i don't think the amount of damage per hit goes down, just the amount of hits.

guard may not apply mounted, since dodge seems to kick in mounted, so i'll say yes, guard doesn't work. i can't remember that ever kicking in when mounted, but did see it unmounted, while i saw guard unmounted (i think they only apply to the given situation??).

Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm yeah... I guess i should test things out a little.. I asked because i was lazy and hoped that someone would have tested it before and have a definite answer. :p
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious wrote:

it may cut down on number, but i don't think the amount of damage per hit goes down, just the amount of hits.

it does cut down the number attacks, but when you are mounted you gain extra attack points. so it's hard to say if it deals the same damange as if you would un mounted. but i don't think battle lust will work since when i have tristian mounted he does like 130-150 damange and when he's un mounted he deals about 150-170 total for all 3 swings.

sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

thanks for the reiteration; hits=attacks. i was talking about the amount per hit, which means the hp damage done in ONE hit.

your hp damage shows that it does work, from the damage point of view, if that one hit delivers more damage on the average than the three unmounted hits combined.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: