Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Editorial: Bizarre Suikoden Technology

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Editorial: Bizarre Suikoden Technology Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Article URL--
http://www.suikox.com/ed/technology40306.html

Please discuss the article here. I am interested in feedback, especially regarding the following points--

1. Do you like to see more articles like this that talks about a certain setting in Suikoden?

2. What did you like/dislike about the article?

3. Did the article change your perception of suikoden technology?
suikoguild

Magicians With Attitude

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. THis is a interesting article! Would love to read more!!! It gives another perspective in the game!! Thanks!!

Like :
So indepth anaysis of the game!!

Comments:
Another advance thing you didn't mention is the bath! That requires great deal of enginnering! Need pumps, heating mechanism (machine), and disposing the water (sewer system?)

Dislike:
I dislike the way you bash the game, but I understand the technologic edge and where you get it from!

3. It makes me feel i was playing the game blindly!! I would never think about all this kind of stuff!! You have a very in-depth knowlegde of the game!
I appreciate your info!!! :
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was a rather cool analogy... One problem most games have is the lack of realisticity in terms of technology. Suikoden as a game we all love must never be fallen in the ranks of crap such as FF.

Still, it IS a fantasy RPG, meaning not everything can make sense. A little bit of unrealisticism can be accepted, but i agree that konami should not worsen this and make more out of the world technology.

Then again, it might be true that Konami wouldn't even have thought of all the points you listed. It probably didn't even cross their mind that technology such as gadget is way out of the world. Your point on tricksters being a branch of alchemy and alchemy being not involving runes in the suikoden aspect is a good analysis, but as i've said, Konami probably wouldn't even think so far.

And such articles are always a pleasure to read. Please keep your editorials up.
Swedish Ninja Pirate

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have really given this a lot of thought before. Somethings doesnt make sense but I have always thought that it is because that most of the mainstream RPG's have a huge mix of Hi Tech stuff and Fantasy so Konami felt that they had to put stuff like that in because that is what everyone expects in RPG nowdays. I rather see taht the remove anything of that sort from here on. Though that can be hard to explain too.

I too like RPG's with that mix but I like Suikoden more, cant pinpoint why exactly.

The article was good. Really liked how you compared everything with out reality. Kinda made some sense then.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
The possibilities are endless. Juppo's mechanical solders alone can turn Toran into a military superpower. Its sensors can also be used to detect invasions and counterattack without any casualties. GPS would be useful to trach enemy movements. They can even make steam shovels to mine the banner mines. However, they don't do any of this. This is a real mystery, considering the fact that Juppo is hired by Lepant, and he joins the liberation army. The idea of using those mechanical soldiers in battles really never crossed his mind??

------------------------------------------------

I couldn't stop laughing at that part and I'm suprised no fan fic writer took up that idea, God if this all sourced from sindar than it wouldn't be suprising that the eternal city must be in space! *possibly not*

*edited for rambling and inaccurate nonsense*
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that there could possibly be a plane in a future Suikoden. I mean, the technology of an oil-powered engine isn't far off that of primative planes designs. I wouldn't be surprised at all actually.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait! How than did they invent electrcity? The robots, drilling equipment for machines, not exactly done by a factory powered by lighting runes surely?
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The dwarves discovered electricity in Suikoden 1
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They did?? huh; didn't seem to mention it very well *Need to re visit suikoden 1 again due to lack of memory*
Snowe Vingerhut

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, it's all about the Sindars eh?

What about...

Possible alien race programming the minds of all Suikoden inhabitants...

Except you, the hero!!

In a desperate struggle to reclaim his world, one Suikodian must combat the ancient forces that have held an iron grip for centuries upon those that populate the world called Suikoden.

Battle the Sindar in the newest game of the longest running RPG series ever!

Suikoden XII
December 2028

Uh... Now to answer your questions.

1. Do you like to see more articles like this that talks about a certain setting in Suikoden?

Let me think...
Yes!

Very informative, if just a little bi***y towards the end.

Still, making an arguement for the fan all.
Thanks.

No. I figured they'd blame it all on the Sindars, but that's OK.

They are just gearing up for Suiko 12!

Side note:

I betcha no one could use Juppo's robots, because every time someone tried to take one or disassemble one it would self destruct being as how they were booby-trapped. Juppo was a trickster.

And why didn't he sell or give the plans to the Liberation army?...

Simple.

The Sindars/Cyndars (sic)!!

They're controlling his mind and all other minds too, duh!
Watari

Lone Wolf

303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Yes I would love to see more articles like this.

2. I like it because it gave a real look into the game.

3. Sort of I had been wonder about the same things.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that was an.....interesting topic. It never crossed my mind that some of the technology brought into the suikoden world was impossible. In all fairness (i.e. Giving the Suikoden creators the benefit of the doubt), the Suikoworld is not entirely the same as ours. So there can be gaps in the explanations with the technology. Yes, mankind back in the medieval times could not burn oil to create heat energy to be converted into mechanical energy.

It was a good point about the Sindars. They seem to be an excuse for the introduction of the modern innovations and inventions brought into a world that would be compared to Earth in the 12th century.

Also, take a look at the clothes. For example, take a look at Jess's, or Mike's clothes. It's a suit that we wear even today. It's nore like the pantaloons and other stuff made back in 12th century AD. The setting for the Suikoden world could be described as being in their "Industrial Revolution"....with some significant differences thanks to the magic runes. That must be a reason for the coming of electricity and what not.

Yes. Yes i would.

It was somewhat interesting. Nothing to complain about.

Yes, it has. I did not realize how much more modern it was from the typical fantasy stories, until now.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: