Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

rPG maker whatever

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: rPG maker whatever Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

has anyone thought....of um....all of us making one of these games?
I think i got rid of mine on the Hardrive because of various reasons.
mainly being that I don't know how to make event triggers
(i did, but then...things dissippeard)

is it possible for differnt peole on their own personal compters to contribute things? Like. person A makes towns, and Person F just sends the "programer" a text file of witty or dumb things for villigers to say?

is it? I could do somthing, or at least I think I can, problem is we all have school or work, so nothing will get done fast.

who likes the ideaa?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think we all like the idea, but as you mentioned yourself, we have school or work or simply real life outside the internet. So it's going to be really really slow, and when one person doesn't feel like doing it again, they would just quit and leave whatever project it was.

Personally, if you (or anyone) wants to make a game by using RPGMaker, better do it individually. Relying on others wouldn't be helpful unless you can be sure that everyone would do their share, or you know the person in real life so you could help each other or whatnot. Otherwise, working together would be more of a hassle than helpful.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I agree with Bugg. RPG maker is fun, but whenever I want to make a game I always get sidetracked and I just forget about it. If your going to try to make one by yourself, I'd reccomend that you already have everything, and I mean EVERYTHING planned out already for your game. Story, characters, etc. That was my main problem. Whenever I started to make my own game, there was never really any planning involved, it was just "Hey, I think I'm going to go make a game!". So you eventually end up making things up as you go, and that usually doesn't work out very well.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, i remember when i tried making my first RPG. The characters were my friends, and the development of the characters was zilch. But i was putting in whatever was in my head.... those were the days.

But like the others said, i haven't got the time to put any effort into this. Maybe later....

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RPGMaker... I remember the days when I used to mess around with that program after downloading it off the internet. Nothing went my way - I had the WORST luck possible and couldn't even get the screens to go from one to the next and when I finally did figure that out I couldn't figure out what to do with the stats, etc. Argh. :|

It was because of that that I decided to write instead. First few attempts at writing stories failed - and one of my stories is on hiatus. :) Fortunately for me one of the series I began working on in August is going quite well and I've sent some various scenes and summaries to my friends to see what they thought - and they told me to coninue - so that's what I'm doing. :) I'm 75% done mapping out the scenes and then will have to write it out in whatever writing style I'll use next. ;)

So if you want to make a game - it'd probably be best to start out with a story - 'cause as others mentioned it won't go too far if you don't have something set in mind. In fact, one of my stories failed because I knew what I wanted in the middle - but not the beginning or end so i struggled with the beginning until I just lost hope for the project. :mrgreen: Now I know the beginning, middle and end of my current project and just have to worry about fillers - which there barely is room for. :D I'd definitely recommend scene writing before starting an RPG project (or story/series project). Something along the lines of this.

Character A: Action and/or background story on the character is written here. The character may be walking up to the second character, Character B. Character B! There's something I need to talk about with you!

Character B turns to see Character A

Character A: Yes, Character B?

:) It works for my story so it may work for an RPG story, too.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well the first one I had almost did, I know youw were a cat, and that I made maps and you went to the moon.

it was pretty crazy. and I had no concept of dungons whatsover. though they were "zelda like" (well....worse).

I was good at matching up musics with places.

now with this newfangled RPG maker we have battles like our favorite games (set up like final fantasy and such) but I cannot seem to edit sprites in photoshop nor Idraw....somthing goes wrong.

actually everything goes wrong! things evaporate out of thin air its so sad.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh oh I got the RPG Maker 2 for the PS2 and it is really cool i even got the guide book which tells you what to do but it is really hard. I finally just finished making the first city with all of the events and i got the game about 3 months ago. even with the guide book it still is hard but i like it.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you're editing the sprites in Photoshop, make sure the very first color in the color table is the background, since that's the color that'll go transparent once it's loaded into RM2k3.

I started making a game a long time ago with a rough idea of what I wanted, but I wanted to make custom battle sprites before I continued. The problem is, I suck at graphics, so the game is still sitting unfinished somewhere on my harddrive. The coding part wouldn't be hard; that's the thing I do best with these things.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i know the backgrond color thing, its just...even somthing as simple as editing colours.....i save it as "that kind of PNG" file it requires and blamo..a nice big ugly black box.

I rerember someone wanted to do (somhow) a "suikoden game" with it, I was attempting for no reason what so ever to change the male knight battle sprite into a Pesmerga/Yuber, the Chinese-kung-fo girl into a winger and the She-healer thing into Sasari (eleminating any boobage, but they do look kind of similuar)

oh, and I tryed to make a blight. that, was...futile.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: