Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Xenosaga Episode III
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Xenosaga Episode III Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it true that this will be the last Xenosaga game? but I thought the series wasnt complete and they had originally to go all the way up into the Xenogears episode, but I heard from a friend on the IMDB.com message boards that there was a problem between the orignal director or something, and these that were orignally planned in Xenosaga episode II,(ie like an adult Jr aka Rubedo, the female UTRV Citrine, and some other stuff, I forgot what esle he said exactly ) I wonder whjat that Wilhelm guy's real goal is, it has these Testament guys, who seem like the four horsemen, does know what the deal is, who's a fan of the Xenosaga series too?
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I heard from the source that Xenogears was supposed to be somewhat the fifth game in the series. I'm not sure how that person came up with that, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Xenosaga series ends at III (with no IV). The majority of people who have played it would say that the plot seems to be spiraling downwards.

I haven't heard any news about Episode III, but i'll keep my ears open to it.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I stared a thread about how #3 is going to be the last game but some hoe it became about Shion's clothes?But 3 is going to be the last one apparently #2 really hurt them.

CLERKS
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why? how did II hurt them badly? I thought it was an exceptionally good game, and the fact that you now get to use Shion's brother, Jin Uzuki, at first I was hearing that Xenosaga was supposed to go up the way up til IV? so it became quite a shock to me, when they decided to call the series quits at episode III.
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It hurt them badly in sales, fan feedback, and overall interest in the series all together.

Xenosaga was supposed to be 6 games.

Anyways, each game was SUPPOSED to have a new story with a new cast of characters each and every game but they constantly rushed the first game's plot to other games, thus Takahashi's dream was ruined. The original script and story was quite butchered. All of what you see in XS2 and 3 were supposed to take place in XS1 but Namco (or Monolith?) rushed the game to market, edited the plot (by taking many plot pieces out), just made a half assed game. Xenosaga project was an utter failure in the end though. Where Xenosaga has failed, Suikoden has suceeded.
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think if the intitial vision for the series had been kept intact we would have some of the best games ever made...however witht hat said I may be in the minority that also really does like the games that have come out. Maybe not my favorites and nowhere near the greatness of xenogears, but the xenosaga games are fun and have good characters and an intersting plot (what of it i can understand...). From the looks of it, III might just be the best of the xenosaga games. Maybe if it's going to be the last one they're going to pull out all the stops and go out with a bang...i really do hope so. They've set a lot up and without a good finish it could really destroy the whole series. I mean I like the first two games, but part of that is that i'm expecting more...i've enjoyed the setup, but if they can't deliver in the end I would have to change my opinion on the games.
Although I must see, Shion looks a bit like a streetwalker in her new costume. And whatsup with the "dark" kos-mos? Hmn..
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Where Xenosaga has failed, Suikoden has suceeded.

I don't know how you can draw that parallel.

A major problem with the Xenosaga series was that, after Episode I, the sales were down and the interest was poor, so Namco ended up reallocating a number of project staff from Xenosaga, including the original director, Takahashi, and one of the major character designers, the woman formerly known as Clio Saga. Among other things, Takahshi's direction of Xenosaga 1 sucked, and so they cut down a number of scenes from #2.

I believe they're stopping at #3 because it cuts their losses, but at the same time, allows the series to gain some closure. Frankly, I can't say that I'm upset. Xenosaga pales in comparison to Xenogears, and is not on par with most of the other RPGs that you see released today, either story-wise, gameplay-wise, or presentation-wise.
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because the series is epic, long running, and each new game is a new story that adds to the game's universe. Xenosaga WANTED to do that.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if it was 6 games, I believe they wanted 6 episodes or chapters and had planned to release a few as anime movies.

Anyway, I'm glad it's over at 3. I really enjoyed 1 and thought it lay the foundation for a great 6 episode story. Unfortunately Xenosaga 2 blew it all away. In any case, let's hope XS 3 brings sufficient closure to all the thousands of plot threads they opened up in the first two games. I'd be happy if at least half were tied up.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Makaveli137

500 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.damirkolar.com/xse3/candy/newtrailer.wmv

ENJOY !!!!!!!

"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... Take it back !" Id, Xenogears
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Way to go Xenosaga...I mean some of the stuff showed in the trailer was expected but..but....it kinda ruins all the surprise i was looking forward to seeing revealed myself. And ....yeah. The white testamant -too lazy to black out spoilers- from a far off shot looked like he was wearing some queen kirshwassher (sp?) drags. It looks interesting and i'm still looking forward to it. More so then Suikoden 5 at any rate.

But why does Shion and Kos-mos have to look so...different and revealing in clothes? Its so odd. Looks promising, hopefully though it wont be 75% cutscenes like Xenosaga 2 (which was more like 85% cutscenes, ill shut up now)

Still, yay for Xenosaga III <3
suikoguild

Magicians With Attitude

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they are taking way too long to release that title. It seems like a while since there last release. They should've followed the Hack`Sign approach and release it close together. Hopefully Xenosaga 3 is gonna be a really good game. Thanks for trailer. Looks good ! :D

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Someone told me the game is released this summer..I dont know how reliable that is.

Thanks for the trailer btw!!

Himuro, they were supposed to go all the way up to Xenogears, unless where the planning to make a remake?
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The trailer looked pretty good. I wonder why they decided to put in a quote from Hamlet. Well, no matter. The fight with KOS-MOS and ....Dark KOS-MOS reminds me of Lenneth Valkyrie and Hrist.

I doubt that it will be released this summer. This, fall, maybe. But i wouldn't bet that it'll be out by August.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mafioso
moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad its finally over and the connection from Xenosaga to Xenogears will be revealed. I already pretty much know what will happen, due to a Japanese trailer I shouldn't of seen.....but its interesting. Maybe perhaps Xenosaga will be eliminated and the titles will come up again as Xenogears....technically the game is finished, but continues on as a new title directed linked to the story line we've all come to love in Xenogears.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: