Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The spells for runes *please, no spoilers*
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Clear status effects? That's the first level spell? Can't I buy items that do that? Are there a lot of status inflecting attacks during the game, or do status effects stay after battle? Seems like another waste of a spell.

Sounds like the True Rune of Mediocrity!

Any word on the other runes? Did Earth get it's annual shafting?

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well if my impression is corrent the amount of items you can bring into battle is limited in V... so in that case a status clearing spell would free up item space for more 'useful' things...

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...does that mean the difficulties of the gameplay had also increased? That sounds challenging to me! :*laugh*:
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's the same system as I/II/III/Rhapsodia. i.e. You need to have usable items in character's individual inventory before you can use them in battle. No more free-for-all unlimited storage from Suikoden IV.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Sounds like the True Rune of Mediocrity!

Well I don't think it's been established that they are actual True Runes but you're not gonna like the 1st spell for Rune of Dusk either then.

It afflicts status effects on the enemy, not sure if it's only sleep but that's the only one I've seen.

EDIT: Rune of Dawn 3rd spell: restores 100% HP to one character (possibly removes all status effects too, not sure).
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just aquired a rune that is a lesser form of the Rune of Punishment. I think someone called it "Condemn" rune but not sure.

1st spell 100 dmg to 1 enemy, 10 dmg to user
2nd spell 300 dmg to 1 enemy, 50 dmg to user
3rd spell 300 dmg to all enemies, 100 dmg to user
4th spell 80% chance of death to 1 enemy, 10% of killing user.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ahh damager to user >.< I better have a character that heals then
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bah, healing is overrated. But who in their right mind would use the 4th spell of the "condemn" rune? Unless it kills bosses, nobody will use that.... bah.... Mages get the shaft over and over. There's still hope for the other runes I guess. Thanks for the info!

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i guess if there is some really strong enemy kind of like the MEtal crab and Dragons
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Bah, healing is overrated. But who in their right mind would use the 4th spell of the "condemn" rune?

Actually, since the random encounters are much harder than in previous games that spell might get useful.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

a 4th level spell on a random encounter? Wow, they must have really upped the difficulty.

I heard from someone who heard from someone that the water rune was left as is. Any word on the shield rune spells?

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
It's the same system as I/II/III/Rhapsodia. i.e. You need to have usable items in character's individual inventory before you can use them in battle. No more free-for-all unlimited storage from Suikoden IV.

Oh for real? I thought it was just like SIV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: