Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Stars you ignored/neglected in S4..now party mainstays?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never used Trishtan at all in IV, but after I got him in Rhapsodia, he was in every battle until the last. Same with Kika. I like how you can pretty much kill any non-major enemy with the falcon rune.

I also used Flare a lot, but not as frequently as those. The rest I just used new characters or the ones I loved using in IV.

{livejournal/deviantart/broken-shards.net}
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well in Suikoden IV, I used all of them, atleast to get them up to a decent level and try em out.

I did the samething in Suikoden Tactics, they're alot useful to you in that game, plus you can level up rather fast with Tristan.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh hell yeah, agreed about Nalleo. Of all the characters with Smash and Critical Hit, he's the one with the highest potential to take advantage of them, because of his high SKL and LUK. He can wear heavy armor, which makes him a pretty darn fine tank. And he also has high SPD, which pretty much trumps Rita. His only disadvantage is that he's a Wind-type character, and I already have enough of those with Lazlo, Kika and Maxine (whom I gave a Cyclone Robe).
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use Tristan, Rita, Mizuki, Sigurd, Hervey, Millay, and Flare more then I did in SIV. Of course, I'm not even half-way through the game, and I haven't played this game in about a month, so I don't know who else that I'll add to this list...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Flare is probably the only notable one. She was friggin' unstopable on the armored owl.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Flare on an owl, Karl with his incredible power, and Lino En Kuldes are characters are rarely used in IV, and yet they are pretty much main stays in Tactics.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guys...I cannt get the chance to talk to Karl and recruit him during the battle...he juz rush to the front line n gt himself killed by the enermies...anyone please help me... :(
Yontory

9094 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trishtan - I never care about him on SIV. I never thought he's so funny with his "*cough* *cough*" all the time. And he's an excellent tank.

Mizuki & Akaghi - I never thought they're strong. Especially Mizuki who rarely getting hit. I put a berserker belt on her and boost her skill and critical hit rate. Damn strong!

Kika - I never thought she's so cool until i played ST. Her falcon rune is awesome.

Maxine - She's already powerful on SIV but in ST she got more story.

There're so much chararter from SIV are better on ST such as Millay, Gretchen, Keneth, etc.

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm... Tristan is supposed to wonderfully awesome in Tactics... But i think my game screwed him up... His defence is still good of course, but it actually isn't that unbelievably godly like everyone says... It's just about on par with Dario...

And while he has great defence and works well as a wall with armored kangacorn, his attack is horrendous. Absolutely terrible... For my game at least... He hits like a whiner.... The damage is just.... Bad....

And well, he also has horrible magic stats which means lousy MP... He gets very few of the kangacorn rune's second spell, which makes him a slightly less effective defender...

Oh well... Talking about screwed up characters, i think my Rita has some kind of problem as well... She has great magic indeed, but somehow, it doesn't reflect on her mp... She only got a level 3 spell at level 31! By that level, most of my characters with a magic stat lower than her got two level 3 spells...

I was quite disappointed actually... But well, i still use Rita because her smash is very useful.

Anyway, i have to mention i'm disappointed with Akhagi. With Mizuki's awesomeness in dodging, Akhagi is no where as useful. Which is sad because i'd like to use them both for their unite... But Akhagi is really very much less survivable due to his lack of dodge skill.

Eugene for me a very useful though. I use him as my damage attractor instead since my Tristan didn't turn out to be that good. Him on armored kangacorn on his elemental tile with with Kang spirit is enough defence. And his rune makes it more convenient for him to absorb damage...
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kobold wrote:
his attack is horrendous. Absolutely terrible... For my game at least... He hits like a whiner.... The damage is just.... Bad....

I don't know what you are doing wrong but he is a god in tactics. Are you just using normal attacks?

Put Tristan on an armored kangacorn and use the kangacorn rune skill "rush" everytime. He can kill or cripple a lot of ememies with one hit doing that.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tristian was an aweomse character in tactics.

most the people i ignored was all the people you got when you met akaghi and mizuki at fort el-eal.think it was gretchen,axel,ameria,carrie,millay.hmm there was also champo,nalkul,dario,nalleo *even thought people said he was a strong character*,fredrica,paula,jewel,selma.never found a use for them since the characters i did use were already higher than all of them,plus i was too lazy to try to level them up.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

with karl, you have to rush over to him asap, chat with him and he'll join; the idea is to get a couple of your people and kyril over to him for protection, heal him if necessary.

it's annoying; i ended up with a couple of playthroughs on that particular quest.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, Karl is worth whatever hardships you endure to get to him. Once I got him, he never left my party once.He's just that amazing. And his rune is one of the best weapon specific runes in the game. Using that Attack enchancing spell, and then using the third spell which does 2x damage will kill about two or three enemies(I don't remember the range that well). The only problem I saw with his is that he can't equip the heavier armors in the game, which affects his durability. Cross Counter is also very cool when it activates.

Another character I used a lot was Maxine. I think she has the highest MP count in the game. I remember using that fourth fire spell a lot of times to kill weak enemies.

Quote:

Oh well... Talking about screwed up characters, i think my Rita has some kind of problem as well... She has great magic indeed, but somehow, it doesn't reflect on her mp... She only got a level 3 spell at level 31! By that level, most of my characters with a magic stat lower than her got two level 3 spells...

I'm not really sure about this, but I think the MP stat is somewhat independent from the Magic stat in this game. That's one of the reasons Maxine has one of the highest(if not the highest) MP, while not necesarily having the best Magi stat.

As for Nalleo, I just didn't like his character, so I never used him. The same goes for Dario. In fact, I think the only times I actually used them were on those story fights at the beginning.
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use rita,maxine,mizuki,ahkaki more than i did in suikoden 4, the only wierd thing is, i don't use kenneth that much and he is my favorite character in suikoden 4.
Yontory

9094 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kenneth is a decent fighter. I use him pretty often. You should try it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: