Suikoden Unique and Informational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sars' Current Impressions (spoiler-free)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xelinis

2985 Potch
0 Soldiers
21837 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How's the soundtrack? I noticed that you left that out of your review.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm glad to hear this from you Sars. I was worried at first about this game. I did not want another bad Suikoden. I am very happy to hear that it lives up to the fans expectations.

Now I'm just really jealous of you and want to start playing it now. C'mon March 28th!!

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Calm down, I'm sure he'll get to it soon enough. I just want him to take his time playing the game so that he will be able to see the game in it's fullest...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

thanx for the impression...im taking your advice and leaving this forum until the end of march...haha... :D

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And there was much rejoicing! :mrgreen:
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's so hard to ignore this forums >.< a month and 13 or so days then i'll be saying alot more since i will probably hve my father drive me to EB games ((in the mall)) to seei fi t was in there. They seem to have every game i seem to want so far.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really nice review/preview Sars.
And I already regret reading some spoilers, but I'm weak person when it comes to abstain from reading some new info about new games. :P

It will be hard for me to not read this huge amount of info for sooo long time - I live in Europe so you understand. (I heavent even played Suikoden Tactics yet but I know some spoilers from it which is BAD :x )

Anyway SV really looks good now, I hope it is even better than it looks now.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even though it's only a month away, reading these impressions (plus other comments) makes the wait so painful. :( Nearly everything about the game sounds fantastic, but the plot sounds especially good. I was excited when they announced the SoA guy was doing the story (since Skies is my favorite RPG, even above the Suikodens), and it sounds like he's done the series justice here.
Something Edible

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the review. I feel bad about checking the character art now, but I think I've been doing a good job of evading story spoilers... so far. I'm currently replaying all other games just to get my mind off Suikoden V, but it's not really working. :(
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm doing that to and I even am doing it as we speak now you see how hard it is >.< OOOOHH
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although I've been delving into all the pictures/movies/character names threads and plunging into 2ch for impressions, I think anything that was revealed there were relatively minor. In fact, seeing the pictures/movies have hyped me up even more and knowing the character names means I'll be able to pick a name for the Prince that isn't duplicated by another character!

The main thing for me is always the story/plot and I've managed to keep relatively clear of any plot spoilers. Thus the storyline thread is my biggest bane and I've kept well away from it. As long as spoilers from that thread don't 'sneak' into the other threads I should be fine. In any case I found out that my copy of Suikoden 5 is flying somewhere over the pacific and should get to me soon... won't have long to go! :mrgreen:

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm staying clear of plot spoilers. Seeing the design of a character and I don't know what their personality is like means nothing. The movies are a good way to show how the game is to see what people mean when they wrote their impressions, and the impressions themselves have hyped me up more than ever.
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the review SARS. I hope I can play it someday.
In the meantime I will stay away from spoilers topic.
Well I have read some but it's not till the end.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Piercezoner

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm glad SARS is enjoying because im sure as hell am! Sars impressions hit the nail on how i felt about the game while i was playing it. The loads are really minor and the high encounter rate doesnt bother me because the hero moves at a decent speed. The cutscenes are just amazing and they give you enough text dialogue to fill all of S4 in the first 6 hrs
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think i'll take his advice and not spol myself. I'll try to avoid some of this from now on. I'd like to experience the game myself. But frankly, i'm getting impatient so i usually have to look...

Thank you for your initial reactions, Sars. I'm now very much looking forward to it. ^_^

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: