Suikoden Unique and Informational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

angel hairballs and other suiko 4 issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pshhh... a level 99 team can kill the Great Tree in one turn. It's not something spectacular beating the Angel Hairball at that level. It's also possible to defeat it the first in the Obel Ruins in the New Game+, as long as you have the right armor sets for the job. Rita and Mizuki are the key players. Rita for her MAG, and Mizuki for her SPD. Paula has both, but at a lower level.
Eternal Wind

Silver Wind

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let me guess what the great tree in one turn entails... True Friendship, Judgemnt and Falcon Rune.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't have a full 99 party, just the main character. The lightning spell did well over 1500 damage. The ice did around 60 to all party members. And the fire did about 160 to all members. The physical attacks did 150-200. This is what I remember at least.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eternal Wind wrote:
Let me guess what the great tree in one turn entails... True Friendship, Judgemnt and Falcon Rune.

Nope. It's True Friendship from Lazlo and Snowe, then two critical attacks from Chiepoo and Millay.

Still, having someone at Level 99 doesn't make battles with the Angel Hairball challenging. Also, not everyone will want to boost any character to Level 99 at an early stage.
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Level 99 anybody makes the angle hairballs quiver before you. As mentioned, the tree can go down in all of a round or two in that situation.

I have beaten angel hairballs a party about level 35ish with Eugene. And I think that was close to when I picked him up. Use him in combination with some good healing and it really is not that hard. A little long, but doable.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, a properly equipped level 99 party can, in fact, kill the final boss in three rounds without healing. I used Lazlo, Mizuki, Kika, and Ted...Judgement is really the key element there. In fact, Judgement is also phenomenal against those Angel Hairballs... power gamer that I am, I couldn't get away from using the Rune of Life and Death in Suikoden IV...

Above I saw someone suggest Falcon Rune, True Friends, etc...those are good, if you wait that long to take the Angel Hairballs on. That way, you can kill them in a round or so, and not really have to worry about the nastier attacks.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
108_Destiny

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the best way to beat the angel hairballs at a lower level is to use eugene because of his firefly rune. Use earth rune to nullify the magic attack done to him and you can slowly kill the angel hairball.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angel hairballs are really easy at level 48 for me. I just had an appropriately levelled Lazlo, Viki, Rita and Millay. I was lucky though since the hairball didn't use much lightningm but Millay and Rita were PWNing it while Lazlo and Viki try to use rune magic. It' pretty easy if you do it right. :mrgreen:

Zephron

Flying Moon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i used Lazlo, Jeane, Mitsuba and Lino.
Lightning attacks and the Punishment attacks work very effectively.
If you equip mitsuba with the double strike rune, her attack is truely awesome. Lino can be a 'healer' for the team.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: