Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tales of Legendia - Anyone playing it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

some seriously misguided individual wrote:
Quote:

Graphics are the only thing that makes a game good. With out "good" graphics the game is junk. Thats how I think. Thats what everyone thinks! Thats what everyone DOES think in their deepest mind. Maybe even you. What If Final Fantasy Or whatever Went to The Very first Super Mario Graphics.? Humm? You'd think thats good?

speak for yourself, only, please; graphics are a mechanic and if that's all they offer, then the game isn't worth a damn. without a story, an rpg is nothing, period; just pointless wandering and button mashing. if i want button mashing, i'll get some crappy fighting game.

takemura, use something approaching tact when responding to another's post, otherwise, i'll have to go 'bad mod' on your backside; you don't want that to happen, trust me.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Locke wrote:
Bionic Commando, now there is a game that needs a sequel. And Moses happy dance cracks me up everytime. I wasn't to sure at first, but this game is growing on me.

I actually like Jay's MC Hammer dance after battles.

And that's the way it went for me too. It started off pretty slow, but after a while I couldn't stop playing. It didn't grab me right off like ToS did, but it's still pretty fun.

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the only happy dance ive seen so far are the "Ors" and thats a crack up...i just started chapter 3...and shirley gets even more annoying...

oh and i saw this website where this guy got 500+ combo on one of the early bosses...which is pretty nutso becuz ive only been able to get a 53 hit combo...

http://fly.to/masterll

oh and on that site, it has a picture that by far makes ToS so much more funnier than ToL...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/themasterll/ToS/LLtos_HSfemale.j pg

i love that picture and that whole scene in the game...

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh, people seem to always find ways to hit the combo cap (even in Destiny 2, which I thought was impossible because of the S-Gauge even after having overlimit stop it for a time), and this game is no exception, with people recording 999+ hit combos. I've only ever broken 200 in one game, and that was Tales of Rebirth.

I shudder at the 10006 Hit combo video for Abyss that Holystar has on his website.
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was shocked when I got a sixty hit combo today in ToL. Woulda been maybe five to 10 higher if Chloe would have been attacking the same enemy I was. I have a feeling I'm in for a fight at the end of chapter four.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think im about the same place you are Locke, im in chapter 4 and prolly about halfway thru it...its starting to get pretty good...but i had to stop and do other stuff...

i still havent broken the 60 hit combo yet...i think most so far is 54...im trying!! haha.

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finished the main quest last night, and now I've started the character quests.

I have yet to break 100 on a combo, but then again I haven't been trying very hard.

Who are your favorite characters? I like everyone except Norma, pretty much. I don't have an opinion on Grune, except that she's... odd.

I think my top three are Senel, Will, and Jay... well, Jay or Moses. But Jay's a better fighter, IMO.
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Celes Tilly wrote:
Who are your favorite characters? I like everyone except Norma, pretty much. I don't have an opinion on Grune, except that she's... odd.

i like Senel...he's sorta mean and kinda dumb...but he just doesnt know it...and I love Norma, i think shes the funniest in the game...i like Shirley, i just hate her voice...if i did have to not like a character its prolly Will...he's an "Old Fogey"...

i wish the titles changed costumes like ToS...i hear you only get 2 costumes at the grade shop in the end...but even then they arent that interesting...Formal and Mascots...

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious wrote:
some seriously misguided individual wrote:
Quote:

Graphics are the only thing that makes a game good. With out "good" graphics the game is junk. Thats how I think. Thats what everyone thinks! Thats what everyone DOES think in their deepest mind. Maybe even you. What If Final Fantasy Or whatever Went to The Very first Super Mario Graphics.? Humm? You'd think thats good?

speak for yourself, only, please; graphics are a mechanic and if that's all they offer, then the game isn't worth a damn. without a story, an rpg is nothing, period; just pointless wandering and button mashing. if i want button mashing, i'll get some crappy fighting game.

takemura, use something approaching tact when responding to another's post, otherwise, i'll have to go 'bad mod' on your backside; you don't want that to happen, trust me.

You don't understand.

Why would they make a game with such bad graphics. In this day and age? Did they lose alot of money? Just why?! Why not keep it the same as TOS? That had cool graphics. Why would they go down instead of going up?

Also How am I misguided if I have my own opinion?? Do I have to listen to all of you?

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

You don't understand.

Why would they make a game with such bad graphics. In this day and age? Did they lose alot of money? Just why?! Why not keep it the same as TOS? That had cool graphics. Why would they go down instead of going up?

Also How am I misguided if I have my own opinion?? Do I have to listen to all of you?

To you they are bad, to me they are beautifull, that is my opinion. Remember, art is in the eye of the beholder. Been to a few art museums in my time and some paintings I thought were beautifull and others didn't. And others I thought that weren't and others did. It doesn't mean that everyone likes things the same as everyone else.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maybe, takemura, you should reread your own post; you claim that is the ONLY reason to play a game. my statement was that if that is all a game has to offer, than it serves no greater purpose than an empty box with pretty wrapping-looks good outside, has nothing inside.

think about it; if all i want are pretty pictures, i can get an artbook for considerably less than i would for paying for a game. i prefer a game that offers more than just glitz; there are many games that look great but play for shiite. why? because the creators focused on image, one aspect, rather than the whole; this is part of the reason the last two suikodens weren't that great of games, and why some games are pure crap from the get go. limited focus on graphics to fool those who think pretty = good.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I just finished the character quests, which brought the total game time to about 68 hours. The game was fun and enjoyable for the first 50-55 hours or so, but after a while it tended to just drag on and on. Everything got dull and repetitive, even the boss battles. By the end, I was just anxious to get the game over with. Considering the nature of the character quests, I don't think I'll be playing back through it again like I did (multiple times) with Tales of Symphonia.

That's not to say it's a bad game; it was quite enjoyable. Moreso than Tales of Destiny I think, and right on par with Tales of Phantasia.

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for that feedback Synchysi! 50-55 hours sounds pretty respectable. My main hesitations for this has been that I hadn't heard great things about the story (though not necessarilly bad things), I'm not sure just how I feel about the super-deformed look, and the relatively low play time. I had mostly been hearing something in the 30-40 hour range, however. I think I can live with spending the money for a game that can be enjoyed for 50+ hours. Not having the replay factor of Tales of Symphonia doesn't really bother me, since the only game I've done more than 10 or so hours of a second playthrough on has been Radiata Stories.

What I've read about the characterizations has started to appeal to me, so I might try to pick this up this weekend after my show opens. With three games I want to buy potentially coming out next month, I'm a little on the fence because of finances. ^_^
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry For everything I typeded. I'll stop now. Play the game if you like it.

I relooked everything about Tol and, its not too bad ;) The Graphics that is.

Sorry sybillious and anyone Who I made mad. Be happy now!

I understand now That graphics to everyone is not the biggest part of a game. A Great man once said "agree to dissagree" And that person knows who he is. So yes. I agree with you all. and still keep my Narrow minded Take on games. Happy gaming!

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I went and picked up this game on Friday. I think I've put in something like 20-30 hours in the 4 days I've had it, so it gets my approval. I wasn't sure initially about the graphics, but they really started to grow on me. And once the story got over some initial bumps, it has been very enjoyable for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: