Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Better voice-acting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Better voice-acting? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was hoping Sars or any other bi-lingual folks could help me with this. In your opinion, which region has had the better voicing in Suikoden? Japan or the US? You can use Suikoden IV, Suikoden Tactics, and the trailers for Suikoden V in your judgement.

I can't honestly make the comparison myself because I feel that my inability to understand any of the Japanese language makes it impossible for me to fairly judge. What may sound great to me might sound absolutely awful to a Japanese speaker.

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

for me, the original voice overs(the japanese) are better because a lot of the original meanings change if the words are translated to english. this can also be seen at animes that have been dubbed in english. if you watch the episodes that only have english subs and compare it with the english dubbed episodes of that program, you will surely spot differences between the two.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never heared the japanese voice acting since I havent the japanese version of any Suikoden game....

But I love Chiepoos English voice it's so sweet
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not talking about dialogue, but the actual acting. Do the Japanese have better expression? Or are they better casted? I really can't tell, and I was hoping for some opinions from those who can understand Japanese.

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

poorguy171 wrote:
I'm not talking about dialogue, but the actual acting. Do the Japanese have better expression? Or are they better casted? I really can't tell, and I was hoping for some opinions from those who can understand Japanese.

they probably will do the job better, because the game and the concept are made by japanese.. when they hear the english voices they couldn't judge right.. so i'm sure they wouldn't let the voice come into the game when they're not satisfied by them...

ehm..i've seen some animes that were dubbed with oiriginal japanese speech and i got the feeling (i don't understand japanese :D) that japanese voice acting is full of emotions and expressions.. it sounds strange but not so strange like the englisch voice actors that speak the same lines... often the voices of the english actors doesn't fit the role they're speaking..
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: