Suikoden United and Informational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sun Rune/Blue Moon Connection
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I noticed that right away when the full Rune was shown (without the Suikoden V logo on top). I've also heard a few things about the Runes that make me think that they are most definetly related:

Moon Rune: This rune carries with it a huge curse, as it actually dominates its bearer's mind until s/he gains mastery over its powers, when Sierra Mikain came into possession of this rune, she ended up going on a killing rampage.

Sun Rune: The more you use the Rune, the more the Rune dominates its bearer (why Queen goes on a rampage).

Moon Rune: compassion and destruction

Sun Rune: hatred(or something, I'd guess) and creation(fertility).

And, uh.. that's it (Moon Rune blurbs from suikosource, Sun Rune from various threads related to Suikoden V plus my brain). I've also got an hunch that goes like this: Sol Falena and the Village of the Blue Moon are located on the opposites of the Suikoworld (if it happens to be a globe).

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice speculation Zaj
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

seems like sun and moon rune are exact opposite of each other in that way.moon rune gains control over you until you master it and the sun rune gains control over you when you use it a lot.thanks for that speculation.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if someone pointed this out in the other post about the Sun Rune, but I was looking at the Suikoden V ad on the back of the Suikoden Tactics manual, and I noticed somthing interesting. First off, the page is black with the Sun Rune in the center. Above it, it says:

- The Sun Rune-
One of the 27 True Runes
It bestowed prosperity to the land with it's power
But all that is about to change...

Below th rune is the Suikoden V logo. Now, if you pay close attention to the black parts, there is a very dark grey image of the Sune Rune that fills the page left to right and from "One of the 27 True Runes" to the Suikoden 5 logo. I thought this was interesting because the sun actually does the same sort of thing (the corona). Pretty cool. 8-)

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

too bad i deleted the picture of the moon rune super imposed on the sun rune. all the things we have been speculating about has been said already. and i know almost everyone agrees in seeing sierra one more time! :P

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seeing Sierra and Neclord would be pointless at this point int he timeline. Though, if Sierra was on a quest to find Neclord, and we never sa him, but she was in our group, then that would make sense. But, it would be very unfullfilling to see Neclord..because we know that we won't be beating him in this game.

Also, the dawn and dusk runes would have to make a connection, because the Blue Moon Rune already has a connection to the Night rune. Maybe the dawn rune governs creatures of the day, sort of like how the Night rune governs creatures of the night? I'm not sure. But, if they were going to make a connection, we might end up seeing all five of those runes in this game. (Sun, Blue Moon, Night, Dawn, Dusk)
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One thing I want to point out here guys/gals...

Just because they have provided this clear link between the Sun and Blue Moon runes doesn't mean the two will meet ... in THIS game. Think about the foreshadowing they've done before, Yuber/Pesmerga - not resolved, Jeanne - not resolved, Simoen - not resolved. They know they can create more games, and perhaps by creating this link now, we can see Sierra and HeroV (assuming he inherits it) in a later game.

It was nice of them to link these two runes together, but it doesn't mean they have to resolve any meeting of the two runes straight away. Having Neclord again would just cheapen the whole experience IMO.

Of the this way themed runes, so far we have seen:

Sun
Blue Moon

Night
Dusk
-- day?
Dawn

Sunbeam

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dzerassa wrote:
Seeing Sierra and Neclord would be pointless at this point int he timeline. Though, if Sierra was on a quest to find Neclord, and we never sa him, but she was in our group, then that would make sense. But, it would be very unfullfilling to see Neclord..because we know that we won't be beating him in this game.

Also, the dawn and dusk runes would have to make a connection, because the Blue Moon Rune already has a connection to the Night rune. Maybe the dawn rune governs creatures of the day, sort of like how the Night rune governs creatures of the night? I'm not sure. But, if they were going to make a connection, we might end up seeing all five of those runes in this game. (Sun, Blue Moon, Night, Dawn, Dusk)

Falcon Critical wrote:
One thing I want to point out here guys/gals...

Just because they have provided this clear link between the Sun and Blue Moon runes doesn't mean the two will meet ... in THIS game. Think about the foreshadowing they've done before, Yuber/Pesmerga - not resolved, Jeanne - not resolved, Simoen - not resolved. They know they can create more games, and perhaps by creating this link now, we can see Sierra and HeroV (assuming he inherits it) in a later game.

It was nice of them to link these two runes together, but it doesn't mean they have to resolve any meeting of the two runes straight away. Having Neclord again would just cheapen the whole experience IMO.

Of the this way themed runes, so far we have seen:

Sun
Blue Moon

Night
Dusk
-- day?
Dawn

Sunbeam

Night Rune also hasn't been quite resolved, so seeing Neclord wouldn't also be unfullfilling as we'd most probably see the Night Rune transforming into the Star Dragon Sword. Zerase's mysterious rune... Kyle wearing Viktor-ish clothes... and we've heard of the vampire hunting family of Marley's, but only seen Kahn. I'd say that there's still a bit of potential left on the vampire story.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i wouldn't say a bit of potential,i would say a lot of potential.like you said there's still a lot of stuff we haven't seen.like the marley clan trying to track down vampires.how the star dragon sword came to be the sword.i'm wondering who got the sword first.and how it ended up in the qulon temple cave.

Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's true - we did see more vampires in Suikogaiden, so there certainly are more out there. I always assumed Sierra's Blue Moon Village was over around Harmonia somewhere, but we have no way of telling at all.

Indeed it would be good to see another Marley and perhaps where/how the Star Dragon Sword got its reputation for being able to break/kill vampires.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical wrote:
how the Star Dragon Sword got its reputation for being able to break/kill vampires.

i would say when he was in his human form,if he had one.if not then prolly when it's in its sword form traveling around with some one.maybe 1 of the marley clan.

but in 2 you find out that star dragon sword and sierra have some kind of connection.but we don't know what that is either.

Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Zodiac Sword was in that cave for a few hundered years. So were not going to see that now maybe in a flash back in the next game it's in.

CLERKS
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i see.wonder why it decided to go to that cave and just stay there.must of been a big reason behind it.

Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think some one put it there like how Victor put it in the Cave of Wind. The monk how lived there seemed to be able to see a little in to the furture he knew you were coming an why. So it is possible that the guy Qlon that made the temple knew that the Zodiac Sword would be required in the furture aquired him and putted him there.

CLERKS
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: