Suikoden United and Irrational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden IV Net-Fishing Locations Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Suikoden IV Net-Fishing Locations Question Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just looking up a few of the locations for the furniture items only attainable from net-fishing in Suikoden IV while preparing a 'perfect file' for uploading into Tactics.

Anyway, several of the locations listed included such vauge places as "Northern Ocean", "Southern Ocean" and "Central Ocean".

Now, I was just wondering what areas of the map does the game define as being Northern, Southern and Central Ocean without overlapping the areas assigned to actual islands in the game?

I'm assuming anywhere between Mountain Mass Island and Iluya count as Northern Ocean and anywhere south of Obel would fit the definition of Southern Ocean while Central Ocean is covered by empty waters to the west of Nay and Na-Nal but I want to make sure before I waste my time net-fishing there.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you are correct on your assumptions of the northern,southern and central ocean.i would try to go into the middle of each place and just stay in the same spot for about 5-10 minutes to see if you got the right items you wanted.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To check whether you are in the right area is to save while you are sailing, and read the location off the description of the save file.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wasn't aware that the save files listed the ocean names. As far as I'm aware, when you're not in the 'area' of an island you just get a generic location name.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: