Suikoden United and Informational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A Suikoden 3 continuation (posssible spoiler)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masamune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pyroflame wrote:
Quote:

The universe began with two runes? I didn't know that Darkness and her children were runes too? I thought only those 27 jewels that came off from the original Sword and Shield became True Runes?

The sword and shield, I always though and read, were the Shining Shield and Black Sword runes. That's why they were always seperate. Why do you think together they are called the rune of beg

The Universe didnt began with the battle of 2 Runes, it began because of the battle betwen "Sword" and "Shield" ( We dont know who or what are those things) And the Runes came from Shield and Sword.

In the beginning, there was "darkness."
Then, the "darkness" shed a "tear."
From that "tear," the brothers Sword and Shield were born.
Shield claimed it could defend against any attack.
Sword claimed it could slice through anything.
The brothers began a legendary battle.
At the end, both Sword and Shield shattered.
Sword became the sky, Shield became the earth, and the sparks from the battle became the stars.
As for the jewels, they fell to the ground and became the True Runes--The runes that all other runes were born from.
(From Suikosource )

Also the Bright Shield Rune and the Black Sword Rune (Parts of the Rune of Beginning) arent the real Sword and Shield, they just represent the battle betwen the 2 brothers, and because of that battle the earth was formed , the Beggigning ( The Rune of Beginning )
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rune of Beginning were nothing more than merely the biggest copycats yet in the whole universe, eh. Hmm... fascinating.
tekknopirate

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Smirn,
Quote:

For me, the third installment really didn't hold many characters that I would like or even care to hear about what happened in their further lives. Save for Albert Silverberg, but that's mainly due him being a Silverberg than anything else. What happened to yuber isn't really an issue.

Another gripe I have with Sui III is the poor characterization they made for Sarah and Luc. I'm under the impression you have to feel sorry for their deaths at the end, but the opposite is fact. At least, for me. Their side of the story was fired at you in such a short period of time and poorly executed that I really couldn't be bothered with their views. With that, I finished Sui III with a big fat meh.

Thinking about it now, many chars lacken personality due to various aspects (the really bland and boring clothing for the supposedly extrovert and colorful Augustine is one) and they all measure up to me not really caring what happened to them afterwards

That's how I felt about Suikoden 1 characters. I could care less about all those characters besides Tir, Gremino, Pahn, Cleo, Viktor, Flick. Suiko2 was sort of the same what really made me not care about Riou/Jowy was that they aren't immortal. So if they did appear again in a suikoden they would be grown men :shock: . Hugo(from Suiko3) seems better than Riou on alot of levels. I can't wait to see a more mature, wiser Hugo. With more control and him being able to use his true rune more. He wasn't that good with magic but alot better than chris. Seeing how the world have changed would be nice. Geddoe and his true lighting rune would be ok but Geddoe is already 128. So he'll get no different. Chris I didn't really care to much fo( Xena warrior princess).
Smirn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The final descriptions at the end of Sui III for a lot of major characters also gave little chance for your imagination to get it on. Hugo became the leader of the Karaya clan, Geddoe returned to his duties in the Harmonia Border Squad (or whatever it is called), and Chris continued her duties as a Zexen Knight.

Those are just some of the descriptions that are as dead on and abrupt as they can get. It says all there is to say. No "oh where could (s)he have gone to?" or "wow he had an interesting past". A Suikoden game will never be set in the same country as one in a previous installment so the lot of them from Sui III will never be seen again.
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a bit old for a reply, but...whatever. I was away ^^;
Pyroflame wrote:
Technically, if one elemental source is destroyed, that element should be destroyed (Based off simple logic. If the source is destroyed, then everything created from that source should be. In runic logical, the universe began with the two runes, and the rest we created after. Those runes shaped everything. If one's destroyed, shouldn't that kill everything associated with it?)

I'm not entirly certain that if what you're saying here is "the true wind rune was destroyed, thus..." or not, but that's what it looks like to me.
While the logic of "true rune go byebye=what it ruled over/created goes byebye" makes alot of sense, its important to remember that the True Wind Rune is NOT destroyed. Luc is, or atleast his body was, but the rune is quite definatly still "alive."
Luc mentions how he failed at his task to destroy the rune. And the fact that the Grasslands and the surrounding area did not go boom, as they should have if Luc had succedded in destroying the true rune, also points to the fact that the True Wind Rune being still quite existant.
If I recall correctly, the most plausable theroies where that it went dorment to regain power and/or find/lure a decent host to it.

anyway, moving on...
Smirn wrote:
The final descriptions at the end of Sui III for a lot of major characters also gave little chance for your imagination to get it on. Hugo became the leader of the Karaya clan, Geddoe returned to his duties in the Harmonia Border Squad (or whatever it is called), and Chris continued her duties as a Zexen Knight.

Those are just some of the descriptions that are as dead on and abrupt as they can get. It says all there is to say. No "oh where could (s)he have gone to?" or "wow he had an interesting past". A Suikoden game will never be set in the same country as one in a previous installment so the lot of them from Sui III will never be seen again.

To be fair, Suikoden 1's descriptions were like that. Granted, they didn't plan on a sequal at that time ((or, atleast, that's what I heard. anybody know if it's true?)), but that could be the same for 3.
Also, they could always do something either between or after that. Sure, Chris went back to being a Knight, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have any adventures after that.

Not to say that's what I expect or even want. While I'd love to see the chars from S3 again, I love how the Suikoden series is never a direct sequal with the exact (or, atleast, mostly) same chars like, say, Xenosaga ep 2 is.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i was thinking that the finale for the Suikoden series would have been in Harmonia, since it seems to have been the origin for the troubles. Some examples are:

The burning of the Gate Rune village, causing Windy and Leknaat to flee.

The "gift" of the Beast Rune to the Highland Kingdom.

And of course the invasion of the Grasslands.

I was thinking that this would be a good sequel to follow up on Suikoden 3. Geddoe could be there! And there would most likely be a character from the recently conquered Safir Clan. I wonder what kind of people they are...

But there are also the lands south of the Grasslands, namely Tinto and the Southlands. I'm more interested with the Southlands, since alot of cool characters came from there. Well, only four to name: Kasim, Shin, Wakaba and Long Chan Chan. If it would take place south, then there would most likely be Edge, since he was supposed to go South to seek out a foe of the Star Dragon Sword. And Edge rocks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: