Suikoden United and Inspirational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Delays for phase 9 and other stuff

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11328371 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Delays for phase 9 and other stuff Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, the naval script is only about 50% complete as of now. Because of this, I'll delay the application of the new naval rules to phase 10.

This will force a lot of nations to go back to the drawing board, sorry! Because of that, the deadline for the battle roster and turn 1 commands submission will be pushed back another week until February 25th.

Please send all of this stuff to either Axiose of Synchysi, because I have no idea if I will have access during that time.
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If so, I have a question. What about this Falenian Ride on Malinsulo?

Would it be possible or what? I'm curious because there were some things decided by the mods, but I assume if we return to previous state of rules, nothing changes and therfore(however it's not good for us ;) ) such Ride would be possible.

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What about claiming maritime dots? Will nations still be able to claim them? If so what are the battles going to be like?

Please let Falena raid Malinsulo :P .
Vextor

11328371 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KKG:

It would be confusing to go back again on this, so the current decision will stay. There will be no raid; Falena has been given an alternative option, which is just as good.

ardPSiKo:

This will still happen because it's technically doable. If a battle is to happen, it will be like normal battles.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does this mean that any stuff planned for phase 10, such as increasing region stats, will also be delayed or will they go ahead for phase 10 too?
Vextor

11328371 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I plan to do that anyways, it's a simple change.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just so everyone is clear with nations that are battling for Maritime Territory. These still will be going ahead but just with the old rules. So it'll be a battle with a maximum of 9 members to gain access to the nations port.

For those trying to claim Neutral Maritime Territory you will need to send at least 1 unit with 1 soldier but they amount of soldiers/units sent will effect whether you can claim the territory or not.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait, we're keeping all of the naval territory stuff implemented, but none of the rules? Capturing unoccupied waters was guaranteed. Now we only have a chance, which depends on how many people we send out?
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I donät think taking unoccupied waters was ever a given. With the new rules you were still required to send a ship to take the region. Now you just have to send a few units. You could run into pirates or something, just like before.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that too Shrew but I checked out the rules this morning and this is what they have to say on the matter;

Naval Rules wrote:
Also to take a body of water that has no control by a nation requires only 2PP and no battle.

I guess the chance of encountering pirates or monsters was supposed to be when out on a voyage only, or within your territories when you weren't patrolling well enough (a part since forgotten in exchange for forces just appearing where the battles are, like generals in a land battle do).

Maybe the admins rethought this though?

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Vextor

11328371 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is a possiblity of battle in uncontrolled waters, so it is best to send somebody with soldiers. Empty ships tend to have trouble doing that sort of thing.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps the Naval Battle rules should be modified to reflect this clearly, then? They are ambiguous.

Naval Rules wrote:
When fleets enter foreign waters, there is a chance they will encounter other forces. An encounter may result in the intruder being allowed to pass, pay a toll (one potch/soldiers carried), or may result in a battle. If a nation ends up boarding the opponent's ship and vice versus the loser will lose the ship, and the winner takes it as their prize. Also all the occupants of the winning vessel gain victory points but only when an enemy vessel is destroyed or captured by that vessel.

It is conceivable that one interprets this that there is a possibility to encounter enemies in foreign waters (which could be neutral maritime territories).

Naval Rules wrote:
Also to take a body of water that has no control by a nation requires only 2PP and no battle.

It seems that you can encounter an enemy in foreign waters, but that, to actually take control of the territory, you do not need to fight. In other words, GOING to the region may encounter in a battle, but actually TAKING the region for your own control does not require a battle. Basically one can interpret the rules as follows. "If you can get to the region alive, it's yours for sure, and you don't have to fight any additional battles."

Please correct me if I am incorrect in my interpretation.
Vextor

11328371 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think a clear definition can be set in stone until the script is completed and a phase actually passes. That's typically the case, anyhow.

Regardless, I won't be really available while I am away, so things will have to be put on hold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: